It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women are stronger than men

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by faceoff85

Oh, men give birth now? I didn't know that.

But I am very pleased to hear it.

Guess what, men would die giving birth, because they could not stand that unbelievable level of pain.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Shadow
Yeah, I bet Margaret Thatcher or Angela Merkel would make great cage fighters.

The late Bruce Lee would not stand a chance,

My money is on Madeline Albright.
I believe in women's rights, but that said, there's differences between the sexes and for crying out loud there's supposed to be. Duality is the nature of the universe and you'd be surprised how many women take alot of pride in their feminine roles without having to compare themselves or create some hokey competetive mantra. Alot of this women's lib is a thinly veiled attack on family structure, and it's kinda sad IMO.
I'm off to look for women's log throwing records after I finish my knitting.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by twitchy]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Hi catwhoknows,

As other posters have already stated there are all sorts of variables... and 'fortitude' is just one of them. I have met numerous women who are stronger than I in languages, in climbing....

I must point out though that it also takes fortitude to get up every weekday morning at 05:00 or (if flying out on business) at 04:00 and head off to work which may be or may not be the most pleasant places to be. I know - I have just finished 40 years of doing so.... But it was done out of love for my family.

And yes whilst working I did walk up and down at 03:00 with my baby daughter over my shoulder who suffered from cholic - then went to work.... Fortunately for our second child I suffered a very rare condition called 'night deafness'

Peace!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows

Guess what, men would die giving birth, because they could not stand that unbelievable level of pain.

Well women have died, while giving birth, so whats your point?
Just sayin....

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Destroyed

OK, I am not interested in a rant.

But because you don't complain when you have a cold, I am giving you a star.

It is nice to have a laugh.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
actually in my house its different i am the stay at home dad, the one that "keeps the family together and yes iw ould stay up all night with both my boys so that my wife wouldn't be tired when she went to work(she wanted to go back to work) when the kids or my wife are sick its me that look after them and when i am ill guess what i get on with it see your generalitions don't work. the only difference between men and women is anatomy and even that can be changed

from MY experience the only people that are keeping up this divide between men and women are in fact the women

(if women are stronger why do they have to sleep in the wet patch :lol

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

Hi,

Once I was given oxygen and an epidural I was fine - and so was my wife.

Peace!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
One word: Chuck Norris!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   

My point is that it really hurts.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Keep the family together ?
Seems like most divorce proceedings these days are started by the female side.

And of course the guy that goes to work every day for forty five, to fifty years to keep the family afloat financially, deserves absolutely no credit.

Sure childbirth is tough, both physically and mentally, but nature has equipped women for that task. Women have been doing it successfully for tens of thousands of years.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by The Wave

Are you one of those alternative couples? If you were joking sorry I failed to see the humor in the post but it is that time of the night so you'll have to forgive me. Im down with prop 8 in case you wonderin LOL

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Hi

Misguided humour - taking the p... out of myself being at the birth of my daughter!

Peace!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows

Proof? Besides your own stubborn opinion.

Sorry but at this point it sounds like you've had a bad break up or something

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Agreed. What it should say then is Some men would die giving birth. You really can't state one way or the other. I have been in the birthing room with my exgirlfriend and can only imagine what she was going through. I am not arrogant of this fact, however she didn't go at it naturally not that I can blame her.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Hi,

Thanks for that.

I know a lot of people have problems but some people are nice.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
great, more reasons to divide us. as if continent, countires, states, cities, neighborhood, county, race, republican, democrats, communist, gay, straight, vegan, omnivore, toyota, ford, cable TV, satellite, fat, skiiny, rich, poor, isn't enough, we have this.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

Hi

You missed colour and religion (or creed).

Peace!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Men aren't designed for childbirth, women are, so why even bring that up? It proves absolutely nothing. Also, there are some women who can't handle their children, and some men who can, so basically you really have no actual arguments for women being stronger than men.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anthony Massey
(if women are stronger why do they have to sleep in the wet patch :lol

Oh man... change the sheets or at least get the girl a towel.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Anthony Massey

WOW!

I am saying an absolute wow to you because of all that difficult stuff you are doing.

Because it is difficult for a man to take on the role of a woman.

I hope your wife appreciates you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join