It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban training monkeys for Jihad?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Taliban training monkeys for Jihad?

timesofindia.indiatimes.com< br />

NEW YORK: The US-led forces fighting the Taliban fighters in Afghanistan might soon encounter 'gun-totting' monkeys, trained for 'jihad', if a rumour doing the rounds in the Chinese media is to be believed.

NATO officials and military experts have scoffed at the report originating in the Chinese media, which says that the Taliban are training monkeys to fight the US-led military.

The New York Post cited the state-run People's Daily as saying that the Taliban is "training monkeys to use weapons to attack American troops".
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
they are luring monkeys by giving them peanuts and bananas.......i hope the monkeys rebel against them.
I think they are running out of options or finance that is driving them to train animals.
Also last time i heard the news that they had successfully trained a bear against the Indian army but the bear instead killed two of their own commanders,this happened in Kashmir.

timesofindia.indiatimes.com< br /> (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Gosh, I had a hard time believing it when I saw the really bad FOX news story about it. I had a hard time believing the two other threads about this that I read. Now, now...these pictures and video totally convince me that monkeys are using guns to kill only the enemy and not just wasting ammo shooting themselves, each other, their trainers, and wasting ammo just shooting all over the place at random.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Ironically, the initiators of "monkey soldiers" are the Americans. Between the 1960s and the 1970s, the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) trained massive "monkey soldiers" in the Vietnam War and dispatched armed monkeys to dangerous jungles to launch assaults on Vietnamese soldiers. Today, the Taliban forces have given the American troops some of their own medicine.

timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

The yanks found out that it doesn't work...Planet of the Apes not withstanding

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by andrewsymonds

they are luring monkeys by giving them peanuts and bananas.......i hope the monkeys rebel against them.
I think they are running out of options or finance that is driving them to train animals.
Also last time i heard the news that they had successfully trained a bear against the Indian army but the bear instead killed two of their own commanders,this happened in Kashmir.

timesofindia.indiatimes.com< br /> (visit the link for the full news article)

India asks a lot in Afghanistan, but doesn't even have the balls to send its troops there.

India knows Afghanistan is the graveyard of empires.

India is old enough to know that.

Here read this, update yourself in regards to the situation in Afghanistan:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Afghan resistance doesn't need military aid, or any type of aid to survive, they are doing most of the damage by planting IEDs, which is a home made equipment.

IEDs has force the US to send over 3 billion bomb detecting equipment because of that.

Trust me, the materialistic aid will come when Western enemies sees them as being weak, once they are perceived as weak, the materialistic support will come and finish the fight once and for all defeating the occupation. The same exact thing happened with USSR.

The support of the Mujahideen came later, when the resistance gained momentum.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by andrewsymonds

This story is absolute nonsense..

Can you honestly see a monkey shooting an AK47 straight and hitting someone?? Or doing a myriad of things that this story suggests?

"Chinese media" reports that "US forces" encountered monkeys with guns

Come on now..

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I cannot find the picture that FOX had up for this story but it was mildly hilarious to say the least. They did state though "Now, this is not a real photograph we made this one but..."
The story gets better every time I hear it.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

Don't you get it, the Chinese are simply mocking the US, for failing against monkeys with Ak47s, the monkeys being the Taliban.

Get it?

They are saying how can the US be loosing with such an ill equipped resistance movement, comparing them to monkeys.

The Taliban compared to the US, in regards to military intelligence, equipment etc is a monkey with AK47.

Just like the Hamas rockets compare to Israeli missiles, are home made fireworks.

Very propagative, and a very big insult for the US.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

that type of reply was totally uncalled for....The Indian Governement takes the decision for sending the troops not ME.India this and India that..
It's just that a indian newspaper reported it ..thats it..and you started assuming that we are concerned about afghanistan.
i started a thread because i found this news totally shocking and surprising.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Well observed... hadn't looked at it that way yet

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Why wouldnt it work?

The americans have been training monkeys for years and the Brits pay the troops peanuts

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

join