It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Members Confirm Gulf Floor Leaks

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

It was from the BP live feed and captured by member DragonFire1024.. it isn't a hoax.. these people saying so are just trolls.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Tragic

www.sanaracreations.fi...

That's the link I've been using. Looks like the show is over and it has moved or whatever it was stopped, but it wasn't but about ten minutes ago when I saw it and it was a crap storm of oil.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
It´s just seaflor mud bursted by ROV itself.

Or do you think they are using anti-gravity propulsion ROVs???

[edit on 18-7-2010 by Zmurfix]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Morpheas

gotcha. Well this is huge then isn't it ? Did anyone notice any oil coming out of the gash - showed my partner the pic and he wondered why there wasn't any oil. If no oil (yet) what would make just the surface layer crack like that ....I don't understand how pressure works from down below, would it be normal for cracks to appear on the surface first then widen as pressure builds up from below. Should we expect this fissure to get bigger and longer ?

link   
reply to post by Tragic

Heres a link morpheastruth.webs.com...

[edit on 18-7-2010 by troye2407]

link   
reply to post by elcapitano75

No I was watching.. the ROV was sitting on the ground and and it happened awhile after it landed.. so it wasn't the landing. The ROV was being thrown around.. it got worst after that video capture.. if I remember right they ended up bring the ROV up to the surface.. probably to check for damage.. you can follow the conversation on the ROV thread.. I provided a link in the OP.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Zmurfix

I just posted a reply about this.. it wasn't mud flying up from the ROV.. please read the conversation on the ROV thread.. I posted a link in the OP.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Thank you everyone for the links.
Yes, it does look like the show is over for the time being.
But then the cam that caught it is staring off into the nothingness of the ocean.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zmurfix

Do you know the clip on this thread isn't the only video of oil seeping up from the sea floor? Do you have a source that verifies this is mud or is this your own speculation? Black colored mud from a gray colored bottom sounds a little hokey and like I said, this isn't the only video, there's plenty of them.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy

Do you know the clip on this thread isn't the only video of oil seeping up from the sea floor? Do you have a source that verifies this is mud or is this your own speculation? Black colored mud from a gray colored bottom sounds a little hokey and like I said, this isn't the only video, there's plenty of them.

Sorry I dont have any source that verifies that there is mud on the seafloor. This is only my speculation. Maybe there is not water too.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Morpheas

Can we get this clear as most of us never saw it ourselves.....did this crack suddenly APPEAR, or is the dark patch an eruption of oil from a crack that already existed ? Are we talking about a sudden opening in the rock or just oil escaping from a harline crack ?

Loooking at the pic it seems at first glance we are looking at quite a wide GASH in the open floor...but it is just OIL we are looking at or an actual crack that looks to be a couple of feet wide ? Are there any other pics or video ?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

I believe that there was a burst in this capture, but after looking closer at the image I believe the cracks, collapse look, is an optical illusion from the plume casting a shadow. That doesn't mean that there aren't plumes.. you can still see them happening on the feeds.

[edit on 7/18/2010 by Morpheas]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
This is a hoax. There have been no leaks reported and they are extending the integrity test. Just look on cnn.

I agree, everything on CNN is hoaxes and lies.

Very good call there buddy.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Sorry I dont have any source that verifies that there is mud on the seafloor. This is only my speculation. Maybe there is not water too.

Oh boy. I love word games.

You made the assertion that what is shown in the clip is mud, not that there's mud on the sea floor. So I'm asking you if you have a source other than your opinion to verify that is indeed mud being stirred up by the ROV or can at least provide an example of this for a visual comparison. Can you then perhaps speculate as to the reason for the drastic differences in color between the surrounding sea floor and this mud? Can you take a look at the other videos which are circulating around the web and ATS and explain the sea floor seepages and eruptions in those as well?
It might be mud being stirred up for all you know, huh?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie
I don't understand how pressure works from down below, would it be normal for cracks to appear on the surface first then widen as pressure builds up from below. Should we expect this fissure to get bigger and longer ?

Actually I think that may be exactly how it would happen. I think you are right.

My personal analogy was to think of something like a Watermelon, and using an air pump to fill the insides with air or something.

I expect the outer surface of the melon to crack and show stresses, before finally breaking completely.

But that would only happen if the pressure continued after the initial cracks, if the pressure was lowered than the cracks would probably not develop into full blown ridges.

If you kept the pressure constant, I expect a popped melon eventually.

I am just shooting from the hip on this though, and am merely speculating.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

yes, sounds logical the way you put it. Given there are quite a few cracks and gashes now I'd speculate that the entire thing bursting open is unlikely as there are now quite a few exit points for the pressure...but what do I know.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy

Oh boy. I love word games.

You made the assertion that what is shown in the clip is mud, not that there's mud on the sea floor. So I'm asking you if you have a source other than your opinion to verify that is indeed mud being stirred up by the ROV or can at least provide an example of this for a visual comparison. Can you then perhaps speculate as to the reason for the drastic differences in color between the surrounding sea floor and this mud? Can you take a look at the other videos which are circulating around the web and ATS and explain the sea floor seepages and eruptions in those as well?
It might be mud being stirred up for all you know, huh?

I´m saying that if ROV is moving near sea floor it´s stirring up mud.

Here´s example posted in this thread.

Sorry I dont have time to search in hundreds pages of BP threads, so if you want to show me something point me there.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
At this moment it truly appears at this minute as though Olympic Challenger ROV ! & ROV 2 are discreetely monitoring a blowout of some nature. Studied carefully, ROV 1 shows the action on the left side of the screen and possibly ROV 2 appears on the right side of ROV 1's screen. ROV 2 shows the action on the right side of the screen and possibly ROV 1 appears on the left side of ROV 2's screen. ROV 2 shows a lot more of the typical bursting effect that was evident as the oil and gas left the well stem. All in all there is a lot of disturbance and much more turbulance shown than is typical.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Old Farmer

I am also seeing this, i have a screen shot of the plume and have a screen shot of the actual cracks next to the yellow cage, they were seeping oil, witnessed by myself and my son, this can clearly been seen.
I need someone to inform me how to upload screen shots so i can get this up, please help someone!!

No your not going crazy, im seeing it as well!!

EDIT For Spelling!

[edit on 18-7-2010 by troye2407]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Right now & since approximately 9:10am EST Olympic ROV 1 has been very turbulent...it appeared as though plumes were bursting up so much the ROV had to back away...looked like oil was getting on lens? Camera retrieved & is now slowly going back down.

Sorry I don't know how to capture screen shots.

Ektar

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join