It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was struck by lightening tonight and lived to tell the tale! VIDEO

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Newbomb Turk
Well this pic shows a lightning bolt SO CLOSE TO MY CAR I COULD HAVE LITERALLY REACHED OUT AND TOUCHED IT! HOWEVER, still wanna try and deny the fact that it was nowhere even close to me?

Thanks for posting the pictures.

The picture tells the story...it clearly stops at the horizon in the first image, which means it was probably about the distance away from you we figured, maybe a kilometer away given the 3 second delay of the thunder.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/80592bb6883c.jpg[/atsimg]

The second image is too distorted to analyze but even so it still doesn't look like it touched down anywhere near your car.

Don't take it so personally, I've had similar things happen to me when I could have sworn the lightning came down very close to me, when in fact there was a few seconds delay before I heard the thunder. To think you'd see a lightning strike this bright and not hear any thunder is just not possible. Sorry, I know you don't want to hear it was a kilometer away, but it was. And I'm not calling you a liar because I've misperceived the distance of lightning strikes myself so I know how easy it is to do. But you can't just dismiss the absence of thunder, that's the clue that trumps your eyewitness account of the distance. And the lightning strike stopping at the horizon in the photo also proves it's a considerable distance away.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Newbomb Turk

Yep...it wasn't even close to you as can clearly be seen in both of your pictures. In the second picture you can clearly see that it is some distance away and of course there's no instant clap of thunder which there would be if the lightning was anywhere near you.

I know that you'll take offence to my opinion and reply in all caps, but that's OK. I don't mind.

No star or flag for you!

<< 1  2   >>

join