It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsters, Evil, Creature or People?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I know that due to the spirit/ghosts/beings threads I would resurrected this thread. Our minds have a certain "picture" of what we perceive as evil, or scary, but this can also be a projection that has been fed to us for a very long time. Something to look into.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

I love ugly people (and all people), but in this society.. oh how my heart goes out to them, and I always try to imagine being them, how hard it would be for them.

I cried a bit watching the movie "The Elephant Man" when he shouted out "I am NOT an animal, I am a human being!"

We don't really associate ugliness with evil anymore though I do not think - to the contrary I think people are now leary of exceptionally GOOD looking people, who have a hard time being authentic even if they try, since it looks like they are just trying to appear to be normal..

If you are interested in the phenomenon of evil and how it seems to work, you might be interested in a book by M. Scott Peck, author of The Road Less Travelled, called "People of the Lie". In it, he shows that the nature of human evil is a sickness involving a woeful lack of compassion and awareness of the feelings of the other, some form of sociopathy or psychopathy, or people who are like shells, hollow inside, and who devote extraordinary amounts of time and energy appearing to be normal. They are not always the murderer or the rapist, but the parent who smirks when they kill their own child's hopes and dreams, stuff like that. It's very subtle, and it has little to do with actual appearances, although these evil people are obsessed with appearance, and will often be found functioning as "pillars of society", so as to maintain their facade.

it used to be that the grotesque was considered evil, but not any more I don't think, people are not so gullible as that, then again, look at the havoc wrought in the name of security by Dick Cheney and George W. Bush, who were voted in for a 2nd term in office..

edit on 31-12-2010 by NewAgeMan because: typo, slight edit

new topics

<< 1   >>

join