It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exploding Water of the Gulf

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Yeah, right...i'd be taking my kids down to the beaches when there is the biggest oil disaster in human history occurring right around the corner as well!

Blimey, some people are so thick it's amazing they ever reach adulthood in order to have kids!

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by astrogolf

Unfortunately you can not test the water for corexit..........Its a little complicated to explain in a quick post.

We have started a project testing rain from all over...........I would like for you to participate if you can and anyone else who would like to take rain samples.........

Our project will be launched this week and there will be a thread dedicated here on ATS for this project............

Thanks,

Cloud

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Most important thing? You dont see Dear Leader, Mrs Leader and his kids lenina and stalinetta down there. They get in and out fast for their photo op and get as far away as possible all the way to ba haba.
Also, lab glassware sep funnels doesnt break like that, the top is not screwed on, it's just a cork, really, not intended to be tight. An explosion doesnt just break out a small piece of thin glass. This being a conspiracy site, I suspect they didnt want to come up with a number and trashed it on purpose, coulda gotten another sample real quik but chose not to.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I apologize for not having the time to scan the entire thread, though i did scan pages 4 and 5 and did not see this information.

Is this article posted anywhere to this thread? It seems very pertinent to me and certainly in keep with the title/discussion of this thread:

geosciences.tamu.edu...

"Oceanographer John Kessler analyzes methane levels from oil spill site"

Preliminary results show concentrations at some points to be a million times higher than normal, researcher says John Kessler, a chemical oceanographer in the College of Geosciences at Texas A&M University, is currently analyzing methane levels in water collected from seven miles to 500 meters from the Deepwater Horizon wellhead.

Preliminary results, he says, point to high concentrations of the gas. "Methane levels ranged from 10,000 to nearly 1 million times higher in some spots than normal concentration," Kessler said.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Lupin

They didn't even use a control for their non-scientific experiment. You can't compare the results to themselves! You need to know what "normal" is, instead of just hearing it from a chemist. There obviously isn't an established "normal" ratio, or else he wouldn't have had to make his guess...however educated it is.

I wouldn't be in the water either, but these test results are not useful until water from "non suspected" beaches is used.

But, maybe everyone would just figure ALL beaches must be polluted if they showed similar levels. Oh my god! A new conspiracy! They're going to kill us all!

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
There were two things wrong with their sampling of the Dolphin Island water, the water that exploded.

First, they got it from the marina area. Having worked in a marina in the past, any marina obviously has boats and a gas dock. You will get petroleum leaks in the water from these sources, leading to high PPM counts.

Second, she leaned over and filled up her glass right next to the orange boom that the reporter admitted was contaminated. That boom probably helps to contain any spill from the marina. There was probably gasoline in this water, which would easily explode.

This is what happens when you have people who don't know scientific method try to be scientists. These tests were worthless.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Lupin

They didn't exactly take a large number of samples, the beach and sea samples could have been contaminated from other sources such as a leaky fuel line on a tractor that scrapes the beech at night to sea going vessesl cleaning out its oil tanks with sea water, to an aircraft emergency and fuel being dumped over the water before landing, a much more detailed set of samples need to be taken to prove anything here

Wee Mad

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueGargoyle
There were two things wrong with their sampling of the Dolphin Island water, the water that exploded.

First, they got it from the marina area. Having worked in a marina in the past, any marina obviously has boats and a gas dock. You will get petroleum leaks in the water from these sources, leading to high PPM counts.

Second, she leaned over and filled up her glass right next to the orange boom that the reporter admitted was contaminated. That boom probably helps to contain any spill from the marina. There was probably gasoline in this water, which would easily explode.

This is what happens when you have people who don't know scientific method try to be scientists. These tests were worthless.

Yep.

And now everyone will say you are claiming corexit is great as breakfast drink.

I wish schools still taught science.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by justadood]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
Oh no, the water is perfect.

The democrats are in power now. They have said they control everything ecological, they are our saviors!

Really, they did NOT accept money from BP.

They did not allow BP to further the spill to actually allow the future collection of oil.

They are NOT lawyers and liars!

Thanks so much for your partisan tomfoolery that has nothing to do with the OP or topic whatsoever.

Anyone who can blame just ONE politician or 'party' for this clearly has an agenda that is not related t this topic at all.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by General.Lee
I am a person of logic and common sense. I try to put myself in somebody else's shoes.

Some people are claiming that the explosion was caused by Corexit. I can't argue that. The problem is, the makers of Corexit are tied to the makers of Agent Orange. A cancer causing agent from the Viet Nam era.

In hindsight, they seemed too gung ho about using Corexit. They were spraying it like there was not tomorrow and when questioned whether or not it was safe, they promptly said, "oh yea, it's safe". Even the EPA didn't say much. Now, lets be real, the EPA files lawsuits if you so much as pi55 in a river. But this, nothing! Keep spraying.

Now, thinking about this logically, why in the hell would you want to disperse the oil?!! If you want to collect it, wouldn't you want it to stay together? If you were truly interested in "cleaning up the mess", why would you want it to separate? Or sink? Would that not make clean up more difficult? By leaving water and oil in their natural state, they naturally separate thereby facilitating clean up. When you spray "dispersants" you don't make clean up any easier if you are causing the oil to disperse, you are making it more difficult. As near as I can tell, the dispersants don't "neutralize" the oil or "get rid of it", they just break it down so it will mix with the water rather than separate from it.

I just don't see the reasoning behind that. You are simply taking a problem that is virtually isolated to the surface of the water and spreading it out over a much larger area. Smoke and mirrors!

The other reason they might have been so gung ho about that crap is because it is a cancer causing agent and they wanted to poison as many people as possible in a bid for population control. Just a thought.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by General.Lee]

[edit on 18-7-2010 by General.Lee]

Excellent post, General.Lee.

Astroved

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join