It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Evolution Tree

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I just wanted to shed some light into another concept of evolution. While this is much more of a spiritual type lead, it could put some "sense" into the science that some people choose not to believe.

The science way of explaining evolution. Over time, we adapt. Whether through physical/genetic mutations, we adapt to our new environment.

The key word is over time. That just randomly our DNA changes and we become more fit.

Maybe there is a cause for this?

Let me explain.

We must first assume that our life does not just disappear when we die. Our soul carries on through reincarnation, which I will explain a bit more.

We have four people. That means four souls. Two people have a baby. Through conception, we have created another soul. We now have 5 people, 5 souls. Easy? Good.

Each person has a "base" amount of 1 as well. This would equal our intelligence.

Now let us assume that one person has died. We have 4 people, but 5 souls. But one "soul", from the dead person is nowhere to be found. Well, another baby is born, garnishing one soul from conception and then "consumes" the other soul.

We have 5 people, and 6 souls. Everyone has a base soul of 1, except the new born baby, which has a base amount of 2. This is evolution.

With this theory, we assume probability will distribute the number of souls. That means we will have a bell shaped curve, where the majority of people are equal, with outliers on each side. The middle portion of the curve represents "the average joe", where the righter side represents more intellect people along with geniuses, where the left hand side represents...the idiots, or whatever name you wish to use.

So over time, we will continue to have new breakthroughs because we will forever have geniuses continuing to gain brain power, and we will forever have maniacs/killers/dumb people, because there will always be a few with a low number of "souls".

I did not know or wanted to spend the time figuring a way to make this idea sound less corny. I am not normally a spiritual person and I still consider myself pretty logical/scientific. I feel this idea goes along with evolution, just without the science. One principle I believe in is that everything in this universe has an answer to, except the laws themselves. I consider this theory a law in itself, rendering it just an opinion. So if you disagree I can not blame you.

Thoughts, opinions, or hate to throw my way? Most of my threads are slap together thoughts I want to get off my chest

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
You definitely have an interesting theory.

Can't say I have much to add right now.

Maybe after I get some sleep I will come back to the thread and give some more input. In the meantime you might want to elaborate a little bit more, as in the current form, the thread is hard to add to or discuss.

-Sol

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I think it's a very cool theory.

It does seem to me that the kid usually surpasses the parent. But, I am sure it works the other way around too.

There is obviously no evidence to prove anything, but I think it's original and definitely logical. If souls even exist (which, we don't even want to get into that
)

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Interesting theory.

They way I see it is the soul does not get consumed, each soul retains all it learns in each incarnation through experience. We have all always existed first as monads/spirits or points of light of the one great life. We came down through the several worlds and eventually incarnated for more experience. Being pure intelligence we learn by trial and error. The higher side of the spectrum has more experience or is farther along the path and of course there is a vast number of average joes in the middle, and the idiots are those with less experience maybe a reluctance to incarnate so got a late start and are retarded in thier evolution so to speak.

It's kind of like a jigsaw puzzle no two people will put it together the same or use the same approach some will take longer then others but eventually each will find where all the pieces go.

Here is a good article on it that really reflects much of my belief and even deals with the evolution from animals that makes sense to me.

www.freeread.com...

[edit on 18-7-2010 by hawkiye]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
This is like bizzaro Scientology.

Yes, Bizzaro Scientology.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Even though as of late I have become fairly spiritual and do see the validity in the reincarnation theory, I would like to add some counter points that maybe can help this discussion.

On your question about the cause of evolution, I think you answered this yourself when you said we adapt to our environment over time. I see what you are getting at by saying maybe our 'souls' are carrying over what we learned from one lifetime to the next, but the explanation of us becoming what our environment dictates makes logical sense to me. For instance, a person who was born in some remote impoverished village of Russia and who may not have access to spiritual books or teachers like the Bible or some Buddhist monk, most likely will not be a very spiritual person. Or if they have not had access to an education, most likely they will not be very intelligent. Is this because their 'soul' has not evolved, or because it is what their surrounding environment has dictated?

On the reincarnation thing, again I do see validity in this theory but more so on a energy level rather than a 'soul' that carry's over experiences. It is possible, but with the great advances we have had in science, it seems far more probable that we are 'energy beings' rather than 'spiritual beings'. Now if science ends up finding out that energy is able to hold some form of intelligence or information about its experiences, than humans may be in for a real

[edit on 18-7-2010 by LifeIsEnergy]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

very interesting!
something i'd never thought of myself, although i have spent a great deal of time ruminating on the process of spiritual evolution.

i need to think on this for a bit because it is a really new approach, for me, but i think there is merit in it.

thanks for getting this off your chest!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

I completely agree with you as well.

What I would want to add is that our past experiences carry over in the "soul". I use the word soul lightly, because you can use it interchangeable with energy, etc. I feel it is something we can all understand though.

Since I believe in free will, regardless of the number of "souls" we contain, two intelligent people can decide to lead their lives very differently. One person could be productive and the other not. Karma is not something that will always follow us.

I remember reading an article saying that the monks in Asia, who live at high climates, gone through many genetic mutations to increase their oxygen capacity, compared to fellow humans who live at lower elevations.

But that is over a long period of time. Sure the environment played a role. Do we know if it happened out of nowhere just randomly, or did the process "build up" through my explanation?

BlastedCaddy - I do not know a single thing about Scientology. What I do know is that I would never begin a cult to scam people for money and take it so serious. This thread is just a thought of mine that might help others see life in a different perspective, and possibly put some meaning in their own. Did I not say this is just my opinion - not fact?

[edit on 18-7-2010 by FritosBBQTwist]

top topics

join