It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would the soldiers side with the citizens or the federal government.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I just got of the army.. I was never broke.. down as most of you say they do.. its a kinder army I guess.. and when I got hurt overseas they transfer my ass to the nat guard.. well more to the point one day.. a few of the other soldiers were talking about a new civil war.. we talked about taking the side of the people.. that is what the guard is there for a check and balance to the army and the nation so if the army ever try'ed to take over they would have over fifty armys to fight.. and I would with out a care blast the hell out of any one that try any thing that I deemed to wrong..

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
When Gorbachov was overthrown in 1991 by military hardliners, KGB and other troops with tanks were ordered into the streets but they didn't fire on the people, despite a ban on demonstrations. Fortunately, Boris Yeltsin, unlike Gorbachov, had not been arrested and was able to seize control of the situation. Tank commanders in front of the Soviet Parliament sided with the people's leader and started taking their orders from him.

Some soldiers can think for themselves and are brave enough to gamble their lives on a political issue. The Russians are lucky in their soldiers. They could have had a civil war.
edit on 25-11-2010 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

My bad and I appologize.. Its been a long week.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join