It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Saw the Moving Star!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by treemanx
I noticed a bright light moving quickly across my field of view from West to East (I was facing North). Now, I can easily recognize airplanes and satellites, and actually have never witnessed a UFO in my life (not for lack of wanting to!). But this seemed different, it was like a flood light (or a bright star), with no other additional blinking lights or anything I could readily identify. I assumed it was probably a satellite, even though I believe this to have been much brighter than any satellite I have ever seen.

So as I am watching it moving quickly across the sky, it begins to get dimmer and dimmer until it completely vanishes.

Saw the exact same thing about two weeks ago during a power outage. It took about 5 seconds to fade out.

That satellite position site will come in handy if I ever see it again.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
dude...when did you see it? tonight? the 18th?
read this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by epitaph.one
dude...when did you see it? tonight? the 18th?
read this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I saw mine about a week and a half ago. Funny, it sounds like there might be alot of people seeing this.... whatever. I have done alot of star gazing in my life, as someone who is intrigued by the cosmos and UFO's, and I have seen countless satellites. They are usually dimmer than the brighter stars, and dont move as fast as what I saw. I understand the concept that a satellite would move into shadow from the sun and seemingly disappear, however I am having a hard time reconciling this with what I saw. It could have been anything, including something mundane, but it still was cool to see. I hope anyone else who has seen this will come forward in these threads so we can see if this is going to be a trend. Thanks

[edit on 18-7-2010 by treemanx]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join