It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Saw the Moving Star!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Finally, I have seen what my wife has seen for three weeks. I mean it started out like a typical satellite but vanished in the middle of the sky. I do not believe that an alien race has visited the planet but I am completely open to the fact that they are out there somewhere in the universe but wow. I cant explain this. I wrote her off as crazy but this was not anything I can comprehend. I know there are people out in the ATS community that can help me.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kenny71

try not to sleep so comfortably if you are one of them happy doory folk that lay down and go right to sleep you are vulnerable trust your senses while you lay

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
metalholic I think you have just confused me even more.....(?)

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Dont rule out a satellite just because it disappeared. Ive seen them just vanish as well.

I dunno if you checked but...Heavens Above

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kenny71

what i'm saying is until someone says what it is you dont know what it is and b/c you dont know what it is you need to be ready for anything...i'm not trying to cause traumatic stress of any kind but think about this you thought your wife was nuts now you know she aint..now you might even be questioning yourself or you might not!

fact remains you dont know! jus know this you can lock and shut your windows you lock your doors you can have watch dogs none of it matters! the best deffense is to catch them in the act trust your senses and dont sleep like a log!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Satellites can vanish from view in any part of the sky when they move into shadow, even directly overhead.

Heavens Above is great resource to find satellites that are visible from your location and see if one matches your sighting.

With a location, time of sighting, and direction of travel, I could pull up a chart for you and see if one matches. Glad to help

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Hold on wait a sec. Can you start from the beginning? I have had a similar experience of a "moving star" but I would like to know if it was the same thing you saw. Please describe in detail.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
metalholic I am a skeptic and cant be easily fooled. I am merely trying to debunk something. Next time get to the point. I am currently on that page everyone and working out my lat & longitude.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Thats pretty cool. Was probably ET making its nighty rounds..

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kenny71

skeptics have one flaw...they not all but most will reach a point where once something they was a very big skeptic on will be the very thing they argue and side with...i know from exp

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by eaglewingz

btw, do satellites shift or wobble during their orbit? they usually follow a "line" correct? let me know the physics of it all

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior
Hold on wait a sec. Can you start from the beginning? I have had a similar experience of a "moving star" but I would like to know if it was the same thing you saw. Please describe in detail.

I just saw it tonight but it has appeared 7 times over Washington DC in 22 days. Which to me sounds like an orbit. For some reason though this thing starts in a different spot every time and vanishes around the big dipper.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kenny71

well i guess i'll have to do some research on in it, you are a little vague in your description but i can attest to seeing a "moving star".

2ndline

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenny71
Finally, I have seen what my wife has seen for three weeks. I mean it started out like a typical satellite but vanished in the middle of the sky.
I cant explain this. I wrote her off as crazy but this was not anything I can comprehend. I know there are people out in the ATS community that can help me.

You can help yourself immensely by becoming more familiar with the night sky. Take half an hour on a few evenings to just get out and look around.

Not everything that shines or moves in the sky is a "star."
Many "satellites" are in fact space junk, with irregular dimensions, tumbling in orbit. They will fade in and out of view as their most-reflective surfaces are struck by sunlight and tumble back out of it.

All low earth orbit "satellites" will fade out or disappear when they cross into the earth's shadow side, or sunlight is otherwise blocked; they only "shine" by reflecting sunlight.

"Heavens Above", cited earlier can be customized to your time and location to tell you when and what you can see, even in daylight!"

Take a little time and teach yourself and your family what our schools are no longer capable of doing. Good luck, and enjoy.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Thank you ATS friends. You have finally put an end to the feud I have had. By the latitude and longitude of my city a satellite passed by here not too long ago. I am still hearing about aliens flying over head but its in one ear and out the other at this point. Cheers.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
[edit on 17-7-2010 by kenny71]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I saw something that sounds like this the other night.

About a week and a half ago I was up late working on college homework, and stepped out onto the front porch to have a smoke. It was around midnight-thirty and the sky was totally clear. I live out in a rural area around Portland Oregon, and where I live I dont suffer too much from the city lights and smog polluting my view of the stars.

So I was smoking and absently looking at stars, when I noticed a bright light moving quickly across my field of view from West to East (I was facing North). Now, I can easily recognize airplanes and satellites, and actually have never witnessed a UFO in my life (not for lack of wanting to!). But this seemed different, it was like a flood light (or a bright star), with no other additional blinking lights or anything I could readily identify. I assumed it was probably a satellite, even though I believe this to have been much brighter than any satellite I have ever seen.

So as I am watching it moving quickly across the sky, it begins to get dimmer and dimmer until it completely vanishes. I was fairly surprised, and began scanning the sky with a peaked interest. As I was moving my eyes around the brighter stars in the sky, I noticed one star (that I will mention had been there the whole time in a stationary position directly to my North, and actually was just a little above the flight path of the first object I saw) that suddenly began moving quickly straight upwards. It didn't get very far before it too got dimmer and dimmer, then vanishing from my sight.

I can honestly say that I have never claimed to have seen a UFO, but this was fairly convincing. I thought about making a thread here about it, but didn't feel like getting raked over the coals. I was surprised to see this thread as it sounds like what I saw, hope this is good corroborating testimony for the thread.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
satelites are a common sight if you are lucky enough to live away from the glare of a city.

No need to freak unless they take a sudden 90 degree turn from their straight orbit. Whenever I see one, I think to myself "... go on, make a turn...". I will let you all know if I ever see one change direction.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I've seen satellites appear to vanish in the sky.

But I've also seen other stuff. All you can do is check the position of the satellites to your location at the time of the incident.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
The more you watch the sky, the more cool things you will see. What i think you saw is a satellite illuminated by the sun but as it passes around the earth the sun gets blocked, thus no light on the satellite. I've seen what i think is called an iridium flare, where the object brightens and dims even. something you should look for in identifying what you are seeing is trajectory as satellites wont change trajectory or zig zag in the sky. Odds are, if you see a light moving straight in the sky, its most likely a satellite....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join