It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Alternative Theory For Crop Circles...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by freelance_zenarchist
But why would they go through all the trouble to create a crop circle?

Why not paint a picture on the parking lot?

Or photograph something that's already there?

Ask them...I don't know...I'm only trying to reason this topic with Remote Behavioural Modification tech...

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

The great wall is the only man made object discernible from space with the human eye.

Some satellites can read the headline on a newspaper.

[edit on 18/7/2010 by LightFantastic]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by LightFantastic

Not really.

Shuttle astronauts can see highways, airports, dams and even large vehicles from an Earth orbit that is about 135 miles (217 kilometers) high. Cities are clearly distinct from surrounding countryside, and that's true even from the higher perch of the International Space Station, which circles the planet at about 250 miles (400 kilometers) up.

www.space.com...

And there is a slight possibility that a spy satellite could "read a headline" if it was a very large headline, the weather was clear, and the satellite was directly overhead.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ah phage you truly are an oracle! I should have learned to check my 'facts' by now, especially if you are participating

I wonder where this tidbit about the great wall comes from then? The ability to see a large vehicle is quite surprising.

I have seen footage of a satellite called 'blackbird' I believe reading a large headline from a newspaper being read on a park bench. I don't know how the satellite compensates for atmospheric distortions from space, it may be just chance conditions as you mention.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   

[pressimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a29c2326e6f0.gif[/pressimg] So you think these guys are mind controlled zombies and are sent out into the fields to make patterns to test satellite photography?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by LightFantastic

Blackbird was not a satellite. It was the SR-71
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yes i thought that after i think the sat was actually called bluebird. The footage was definately from a sat. I will try and find the documentary it was on

Edit: it was possibly the bbc doc 'the satellite story'. I think it was also shown on the pbs doc 'astrospies'

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by freelance_zenarchist
So you think these guys are mind controlled zombies and are sent out into the fields to make patterns to test satellite photography?

No. I think it was voluntary and based in a sub culture.

I won't explain that further...perhaps because it doesn't need to be explained to you...

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Yeah that's fine, you don't need to go into that. Although I'm still not sure how the satellite photography is related to crop circles. Why would they need to film bent over pieces of wheat? And how does Remote Behavioural Modification tech fit into this?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

Aliens?

No. I think it is dutiful testing of proprietary technology.

I agree. A good way to calibrate the accuracy or focus of some sort of laser or microwave beam.

I remember I went to a fair in Blackpool back in the early 80s and there was a laser light show. We sat in a little tent with a little screen at the front, and this laser machine behind us fired some fancy spirograph pics onto the screen.
I've always wondered if crop circles were made in a similar way.

At the same time I know there's a naughty group of expert circle makers parked around Silbury Hill and the likes, laughing over their pints at the "circles are made by aliens" brigade.

But to convince me that these home grown circle makers are responsible for all the great cereal artworks I want to see some that have a huge mistake in them. You know, like someone's got the wrong end of the wrong rope or his spiderman compass is knackered, and he's put a blob in the wrong spot. I haven't seen any like that. If anyone has, show me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join