It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Alternative Theory For Crop Circles...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
This argument might carry a little more weight with truly enigmatic ground patterns such as the ancient Nazca Lines in Peru, which seriously predate everything we know about manned flight.

Of course, even the Nazca Lines could have a simple and logical explanation as regards aerial observation platforms — hot-air balloon technology could have been developed repeatedly in the history of Mankind, and the components are so fragile that no artifacts of the technology would ever survive.

Moreover, the motivation for Human practical jokery is so weird and varied, I wouldn't put anything past our species.

— Doc Velocity

Certainly there is a tripping point...but as I have questioned professional scientific opinion on mental health issues, I wonder about that as well...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Ok. More to the point then. Art for art's sake. Or possibly a bit higher purpose.

The Sand Mandala is a Tibetan Buddhist tradition involving the creation and destruction of mandalas made from colored sand. A sand mandala is ritualistically destroyed once it has been completed and its accompanying ceremonies and viewing are finished to symbolize the Buddhist doctrinal belief in the transitory nature of material life.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 7/17/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
In an attempt to build a Satellite Launch Vehicle (Veículo Lançador de Satélite--VLS), Brazil has since 1964 developed a series of sounding (research) rockets, named Sonda I, II, III, and IV.

And you seriously think a primitive Brazilian sounding rocket in 1966 could have any remote connection with the Tully "Saucer Nest" incident, where a saucer was observed rising from the circular depression in an Australian swamp?

Sounding rockets are little more than amateur model rockets — even I could build a sounding rocket.

Now, a hovering saucer is a little bit more sophisticated for 1966.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 7/17/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
the crop circles are a means of communication, evidenced by the fact that we are able to decipher most of them.

and there are many different "languages" used - such as sacred geometry, symbolism of some of the more significant social eras of history such as the Egyptian, Mayan, and Aztec. some crop circles are electrical diagrams and other scientific type formulas. i saw a guy on youtube talking about what he had found in some of the circles, about electricity and some other basic principles of our natural world. i can't for the life of me find those videos again and can't remember the guy's name or how i first was linked to the videos.

i don't know why such an esoteric and beautiful means of communicating would be the test of choice for proprietary technology. especially when it elicits such attention and controversy that doesn't lose the interest of the common people as each passing crop circle season comes and goes.

besides that poetic perspective, a more pragmatic argument is that there are dozens of ways to test satellite technology using that which is already in place on the ground, whether permanent, semi-permanent, or temporary. to use crop circles for such tasks also would involve illegal activities, namely trespassing on private property and vandalism.

i don't think your idea is gonna fly.
pun intended.

not that i don't admire innovative thought and i'm not criticizing you by any measure! just voicing what i see as obstacles to your theory.

personally, i agree with the several posters already who understand our Earth as a living sentient being. She is not only sentient but rational and expressive. Water is revealing itself to be a profound agent for communicating, perhaps even faster than light - instantaneous. and electro-magnetism is another part of our world that is yielding clues about its role in the structure and manipulation of matter, along with things like sound waves.

as many crop circles as have been created in the 40 years since the world first starting noticing, you'd think, if they were made through any activity above ground or in the skies above, there would be some sort of evidence by now to support that suspicion. but as far as i know, anything of that sort has so far been proven to be a hoax.

there are so many people now that sort of lurk around the areas where crop circles repeatedly form that if there were evidence to be had, it would have been had, already.

if they are created from forces that come from under the ground, through water up into the soil and the plants themselves, then there would never be any visible evidence to show it.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Truth be told...I am not familiar with the incident you speak of...and as well, I think that if Brazil was launching back then, there may be a chance that all of that info is not available.

Considering the era...economics and political...what reason did they have...who funded it...and what was the purpose...

I really think that regions around the world were used for their communicative dissidence during the propagation of space technologies...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
[edit on 17-7-2010 by Son of Will]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

i konw this isnt pertnent to the actual subject, but i think the "rumour' is the Great Wall is the the only man made object viewable fom the Moon. Which is 'Outer Space'. Many Man made objects can be view from'Oribit'.

As you are thinking outside the box, this thread reminds me of the nazca lines. (Blows Crop Circles off the map Imo)

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Art for arts sake...

Art and science do mix..excellent link but I still see viability in my theory.

I am not saying I am right...as I have no proof...but certainly I think there is something to it...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by emaildogs

I don't believe aliens have visited this earth.

I do think that mankind has produced technology.

I also believe that mankind wants to keep secrets.

That is what I am operating upon...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Here's my own Crop Circle theory, which is decidedly more paranormal and esoteric than even the UFO explanation...

Before it became a whimsical art competition, the British crop circle phenomenon initially made me wonder about its possible connection to the very ancient monolithic constructions in Britain, which date back to about the time of the Aryan European culture.

The Aryans were a fairly advanced nomadic people who left mummies in the age range of 4000 to 7000 years old in the UK, in the Alps, and even as far east as China, predating all other known human civilization by thousands of years.

The Aryans are a mystery to us. All we really know about them is that they originated in Europe, they had mastered bronze and textiles and advanced medical practices long before they should have, and their existence coincides with the appearance of monolithic structures in Europe and the UK.

We could rightly call them the folks who gave us Stonehenge and Woodhenge and a great many other enigmatic structures.

I have no idea as to the true purpose of Stonehenge. I think it could have been a temple, or a beer hall, or a municipal park... Just no way to tell. Not enough data has come back from the site.

But what if it was a really mystical purpose? Maybe a place of ritual magic? Maybe it was a place of ritual magic in an attempt to contact the future?

And perhaps the crop circles we see today — not the competition models, but the originals — were the result of an ancient culture attempting to reach through Time, but only succeeding in creating these weird, flattened areas of grass in our modern world.

Hey, I like my idea better than the technological and UFO explanations... I prefer the idea of a primitive shaman straining and scowling and conjuring his ass off way back before the accepted Bronze Age, and his psychic energy somehow crossing the millennia, but only managing to create a whirlwind on the other end, in a nearby field.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I'll bite.

Why keep this a secret, and why the trippy designs?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Ok. I provided "ground based" motivation for the creation of crop circles. That was one of your objections. You accede that art for art's sake meets the criterion.

What characteristic of electromagnetic radiation (or other standoff technology), can cause plant stalks to bend at ground level?

[edit on 7/18/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
Why keep this a secret, and why the trippy designs?

My opinion?

Corporate Propriety agreement, signed by those involved and then free reign on expression...

Perhaps I am wrong...but I still can't get over my belief that Crop Circles are relevant to those with aerial technology and my belief that aliens are not visiting this earth...

Perhaps I am wrong...

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Ok. I provided "ground based" motivation for the creation of crop circles. That was one of your objections. You accede that art for art's sake meets the criterion.

I have to admit I am clueless as to the specifics of the motivations you provided...and I didn't necessarily accede...mostly because I am still confused as to where you are coming from in this case.

I would sincerely appreciate having it spelled out (not sarcastic; I really don't dive in these topics often)...

What characteristic of electromagnetic radiation (or other standoff technology), can cause plant stalks to bend at ground level?

That statement may be the crux of what I am pondering; I don't know but what I do know is that billions have been spent on space tech...is it a huge stretch to think that there is some interest in how to influence terrain physicalities/mentalities from space?

Think of the lack of accountability...it's gold!

And yet we argue on aliens...-sighs-

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

To make myself perfectly clear;
I think that crops circles are made by people, on the ground. The motivation being artistic or personal gratification with the chance of hoodwinkery. I think that all of them are made by people.

Electromagnetic weaponry is based on applying sufficient energy to burn something. Crop circles are not burnt, they are bent. Electromagnetic energy, even the most energetic lasers, does not have the capability bending anything except under carefully controlled (inorganic) conditions. If you are suggesting a force unknown to conventional science you may as well be suggesting an extraterrestrial source of crop circles.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well then...I actually think we agree.

Of course they are made by humans! I was thinking that aerial views can ascertain the production of a crop circle and I as well think that since we have decades of non expression (thanks internet!) of technology that there has to be a productive reason for them...I also think that the practice has evolved to "hoodwinkery" in the advent of same internet propagation...It's a joke now, in my opinion.

As for electromagnetic manipulation from satellites...I sincerely think that such directed energy is better applied towards behavioural modification causes...but I won't discount physical applications for other scenarios...but that is not the point of this thread....

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
So, have we advanced the discussion away from viewing Crop Circles to creating them from on-high? Because I think the latter speculation is extraordinarily interesting.

We know that there is a technology on the drawing boards (last time I looked) for collecting and converting solar energy in space and beaming it by microwave to receivers on the Earth's surface, thereby providing a nonstop, pretty much free source of electrical energy.

This idea has fascinated me for years.

But what if, for instance, the microwave power transfer beam strayed from its receiver unit for a split second? Maybe just long enough to irradiate a field of wheat, causing the stalks to heat internally and just lay down in a perfect or near-perfect pattern?

And what if TPTB saw this and thought, Gee, how can we put that pattern-making ability to practical use?

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 7/18/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
So, have we advanced the discussion away from viewing Crop Circles to creating them from on-high? Because I think the latter speculation is an extraordinarily interesting.

As interesting as it may be, it doesn't hold water...while I think satellites can project some influence, intricate designs are beyond such capacity...in my opinion.

Crop Circles can be done by hand and out of 6 billion people there is likely a group who are on it...

My point is that in order for there to be a reason to do it (on the ground) there has to be a means to view it...and I am suggesting that the reason was to test satellite cameras...

This topic has perplexed me for a long time...and this just makes sense to me...the time frame of Crop Circles and Satellite Launchings do correlate...even in the fragmented history we have access to...

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Well, I mean... Humankind has been perpetrating these massive ground patterns since antiquity. As mentioned earlier, there are the Nazca Lines in Peru; but there's also the great mound constructions of North America, as well as the Herculean ground effigies in the British Isles.

These things are massive, and only make sense to somebody peering down from on-high... But only as long as that somebody is human, right?

Human ingenuity is pretty scary... We can imagine entities up in the sky. We can imagine that those entities look down on the earth with human reasoning. We can build ground structures that we know we'll never see from on-high, but we can imagine somebody else looking down on them, right.

We can imagine Gods and UFOs and all sorts of stuff. That's more than enough motivation for most of the insane stuff we do.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 7/18/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
My point is that in order for there to be a reason to do it (on the ground) there has to be a means to view it...and I am suggesting that the reason was to test satellite cameras...

This topic has perplexed me for a long time...and this just makes sense to me...the time frame of Crop Circles and Satellite Launchings do correlate...even in the fragmented history we have access to...

But why would they go through all the trouble to create a crop circle?

Why not paint a picture on the parking lot?

Or photograph something that's already there?

I'm not seeing a connection here.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join