It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Alternative Theory For Crop Circles...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
The Great Wall of China is commonly known as the only man made object viewable from space...but that is now a misnomer as Google satellites has proven beyond a doubt that we can map with distinct photography the aspects of our environment...

So how does one test visual satellite veracity?

Why not make an image in a field, provide spatial coordinates and verify it through the tech we now know is available?

The testing of computer application is important in the construction of such...what if Crop Circles were merely a test for satellite technology?

I think so...especially since there is documentation on how to make them with our current technology...

Aliens?

No. I think it is dutiful testing of proprietary technology.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Keep in mind that Crop Circles mean nothing if they can't be viewed from the air...and who has that capacity?

Our militaries...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
The Great Wall of China is commonly known as the only man made object viewable from space...but that is now a misnomer as Google satellites has proven beyond a doubt that we can map with distinct photography the aspects of our environment...

So how does one test visual satellite veracity?

Why not make an image in a field, provide spatial coordinates and verify it through the tech we now know is available?

The testing of computer application is important in the construction of such...what if Crop Circles were merely a test for satellite technology?

I think so...especially since there is documentation on how to make them with our current technology...

Aliens?

No. I think it is dutiful testing of proprietary technology.

That's wonderful. That's beautiful. That's technology but why then, keep it a secret? Nah..................good try though.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

An Alternative Theory For Crop Circles...

My alternative theory is that it is the Earth herself.

Sounds weird but the Earth is alive and there is so much we don't know about our spaceship called Earth.

Peace

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by One Moment
That's wonderful. That's beautiful. That's technology but why then, keep it a secret? Nah..................good try though.

Corporate information is kept secret and almost immune to international oversight...

There is money to be made from such tech...why else would it be kept secret?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
What about circles that predate modern tech?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

I know we have the technology to put together wood planks and rope, but can you provide additional sources, especially if they can connect satellites and crop circles..?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

Man you think like I do. I discovered a long time ago that Earth is a living, breathing spirit being. I know but a few things. One is She rides a cycle, just like everything else on the planet. she becomes "pregnant" with "child," (new Earth, and, according to Bible, is chased by the Dragon known as organized religion, and is hidden by her faithful followers so that She can give birth. I know the story is a metaphor, but it still speaks volumes to me.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Corporate information is kept secret and almost immune to international oversight...

There is money to be made from such tech...why else would it be kept secret?

Oh c'mon. They could explore your theory using remote deserts. They can spray paint a huge neon colored smiley face with Christmas lights and see if it's seen by satellite and STILL .....keep it a secret.

To the other poster regarding Earth's vibration. I'm withcha 100% on that theory. Stranger things can happen and not be known.
If you spill some salt on the table and play music real loud, it will scatter in perfect synchrony. So I totally buy that theory!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Student X
What about circles that predate modern tech?

Still working on that one.

Either an indication that are history is misrepresented intentionally or that there is something to be said for ancient technologies...

I see no point in the creation of crop patterns if they our not viewed from above...and who would view them?

The most likely answer is "those of us with the technology"...and for what purpose?

Edit for grammar...

[edit on Sat, 17 Jul 2010 22:28:55 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by zroth

Man you think like I do. I discovered a long time ago that Earth is a living, breathing spirit being. I know but a few things. One is She rides a cycle, just like everything else on the planet. she becomes "pregnant" with "child," (new Earth, and, according to Bible, is chased by the Dragon known as organized religion, and is hidden by her faithful followers so that She can give birth. I know the story is a metaphor, but it still speaks volumes to me.

I dig your thinking.
Earth DOES give birth. Earth is a one of a kind Planet (from what I understand) due to the potpourri of life on her planet (due to alien intervention) So the Milky Way is mothers' milk! (Hey, it works for me anyway
..............) And not to mention Father Time.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by One Moment]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Man made object viewable from space, not photographed with a telescopic lense capable of 100 of times magnification. So I contend that your opening paragraph claim is false.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by acrux]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Oh c'mon. They could explore your theory using remote deserts. They can spray paint a huge neon colored smiley face with Christmas lights and see if it's seen by satellite and STILL .....keep it a secret.

You may underestimate the mischievous human mind...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Why would so many of these "test patterns" be located in privately-owned agricultural fields in Britain, then? Aside from damaging private property when the government already owns its own testing grounds, I'm not aware that Britain is in the forefront of satellite ground-tracking technology.

Beyond that, the Crop Circle phenomenon as such has existed longer than has our advanced satellite technology. I believe the first documented case was back in 1966 (the Tully "Saucer Nest" incident), when a large, perfectly circular depression associated with a UFO sighting was discovered in an Australian marsh, of all places, a location basically inaccessible and uninviting to pranksters.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Mal, (Sorry, can't help it. You can call me John, or Emilio if you must)

Keep in mind that Crop Circles mean nothing if they can't be viewed from the air...and who has that capacity?

Our militaries...

And civilians in airplanes or helicopters. Where the hell do you think the photographs we see come from?

I see no point in the creation of crop patterns if they our not viewed from above...and who would view them?

Us? Maybe?

What is the point of this:

[edit on 7/17/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
If it was a test they would actually write something or display a actual picture...not some crazy designs...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
Why would so many of these "test patterns" be located in privately-owned agricultural fields in Britain, then? Aside from damaging private property when the government already owns its own testing grounds, I'm not aware that Britain is in the forefront of satellite ground-tracking technology.

Echelon ring a bell?

Beyond that, the Crop Circle phenomenon as such has existed longer than has our advanced satellite technology. I believe the first documented case was back in 1966 (the Tully "Saucer Nest" incident), when a large, perfectly circular depression associated with a UFO sighting was discovered in an Australian marsh, of all places, a location basically inaccessible and uninviting to pranksters.

In an attempt to build a Satellite Launch Vehicle (Veículo Lançador de Satélite--VLS), Brazil has since 1964 developed a series of sounding (research) rockets, named Sonda I, II, III, and IV.

Link

I bet that you didn't know that Brazil was launching into space in that time frame...much less the usual suspects...

Besides..what the hell does a prank that requires aerial perspective do for those who don't have a bird's eye perspective?

link   

Originally posted by gpena
If it was a test they would actually write something or display a actual picture...not some crazy designs...

Why?

link   

Keep in mind that Crop Circles mean nothing if they can't be viewed from the air...and who has that capacity? Our militaries...

This argument might carry a little more weight with truly enigmatic ground patterns such as the ancient Nazca Lines in Peru, which seriously predate everything we know about manned flight.

Of course, even the Nazca Lines could have a simple and logical explanation as regards aerial observation platforms — hot-air balloon technology could have been developed repeatedly in the history of Mankind, and the components are so fragile that no artifacts of the technology would ever survive.

Moreover, the motivation for Human practical jokery is so weird and varied, I wouldn't put anything past our species.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Long time reader, First time replyer...you rock, by the way; let noone convince you otherwise...

Civilian aircraft doesn't disprove my theory...and as well...the image provided is boggling in context to what I am suggesting...It's a neat pic but an illustration...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join