It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man killed during confrontation with Oakland police, BART officers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Man killed during confrontation with Oakland police, BART officers

www.cnn.com

CNN) -- A man was shot and killed Saturday in Oakland, California, during a confrontation with Bay Area Rapid Transit officers and Oakland police, police spokesman Jeff Thomason said.

The incident occurred after Oakland police received a call about 8:15 a.m. (11:15 a.m. ET) of an armed man walking toward the Fruitvale BART station, according to Thomason. Police notified BART officers, who also responded.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I wonder how many bullets were fired? The officers claimed they tried to tase this man twice, with no effect. I wonder if they missed with the tasers but convieniently were right on target when the time came to fire down range. Will this incident cause riots in the Oakland area? I think this man was commiting suicide by cop. Who brings two knives to a gun fight?

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Convenient how misses with taser, but not a gun.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by acrux]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by acrux

I'm just genuinely curious as to what range a taser is accurate.

And how far he was when they "tried" to zap him twice

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
They didn't miss, the taser had no effect on him.

If he was drugged up then that would explain it. He would have to be on drugs to charge the police with two knives.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by humthebassline

I'm just genuinely curious as to what range a taser is accurate.

en.wikipedia.org...

There are a number of cartridges designated by range, with the maximum at 35 feet (10.6 m). Cartridges available to non-law enforcement consumers are limited to 15 feet (4.5 m). The electrodes are pointed to penetrate clothing and barbed to prevent removal once in place. Earlier Taser models had difficulty in penetrating thick clothing, but newer versions (X26, C2) use a "shaped pulse" that increases effectiveness in the presence of barriers

[edit on 17-7-2010 by acrux]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Guy armed with knives ... this is EXACTLY the situation where tazers are meant to be used.

Not when 4 grown, physically fit men are too lazy to subdue 1 unarmed, middle-aged, non-English speaking, agitated guy (as happend in Vancouver where they killed him with a tazer).

Tazers fail on both accounts.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

I'm sorry, have I gone back in time and this is the Mehserle case?

Because I think I just did.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by humthebassline

civvilian tazers are limited to 15 feet usualy and police "air tazers" usualy have a range of 25-50 feet depending on make and model and by air tazer i mean the ones that shoot the prongs into you not a standard tazer

relateing to the OP post atleast the guy they shot this time was armed allbeit with a knife but still its not like the oscar case

new topics

top topics

join