It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tel Aviv Government Refuses to Implement Israeli Supreme Court Ruling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Tel Aviv Government Refuses to Implement Israeli Supreme Court Ruling

www.globalresearch.ca

The contempt case on behalf of Israel’s Palestinian minority comes in the wake of growing criticism of the government for ignoring court decisions it does not like -- a trend that has been noted by the Supreme Court justices themselves.

Yehudit Karp, a former deputy attorney general, compiled a list of 12 recent court rulings the government has refused to implement, but legal groups believe there are more examples.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
So apparently the Israeli government cannot even follow its OWN laws. This begs the question: what is the purpose of having a Supreme Court when (at least in practice) it is not the SUPREME Court? This also begs the question as to how we can expect Israel to live up to its obligations under international law when it will not even obey the rulings of its own judiciary? Another stark example of power run amok as well as the blatantly racist policies of Israel towards Arabs.

www.globalresearch.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dangerouslogic

Hey look! It's just like America! And Europe! And everywhere!

But wait a minute. Why does it get on the news if Israel does it, but not for anyone else?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

How can the rest of the world respect Israel, when it doesn't even respect itself.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by acrux]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Or, how about why doesn't it get on the news about the other things you are suggesting? The real question should not be "why does it get on the news if Israel does it" but rather "why doesn't it get on the news if ________ does it?"

Hopefully that is what you meant by your comment!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by dangerouslogic
...This also begs the question as to how we can expect Israel to live up to its obligations under international law ...

As far as i am concerned they never have.

1967 annexure of land - illegal by international law.
attrocities in Gaza (white phos, firing on UN sites, stopping humanitarian aid) - illegal.

not signing nuclear non poliferation treaty, yet demanding action on Iran who have signed.

This would not exist if the US was denied it's security council veto rights for the simple fact that US=Israel due to the conflict of interest.

US=Israel??? Yes! The US Government put Israelli interests before American's lives - Read about the USS Liberty. Maybe the same tactics used for 911 to cater for both US Govt and Israel's interest's. (Homeland Security Bill/Israel removes Saddam(who threatened them)- and soon Iran).

Said it before, will say it again. Israel's Zionist Govt have become the very thing they despised 60+ years ago. They are this centuries Nazi Party.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Not sure about the US, but in Europe Governments do listen to their Judiciary. There have been many recent examples in the UK alone of the High Court ruling against the Government and they do follow the ruling, albeit grudgingly.

It's part of democratic society and the seperation of powers. The Judiciary, the legislature and the executive should be independant of each other (although in the Uk this isn't quite how it works out as part of the legislature is the executive by convention).

If a Government chooses to ignore it's own laws, then how can they expect anyone else to follow those laws?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327

This would not exist if the US was denied it's security council veto rights for the simple fact that US=Israel due to the conflict of interest.

US=Israel??? Yes!

Perhaps US=Israel is a bit of an exaggeration, but I figured I'd toss these articles up here in case anyone thinks its more than an exaggeration.

www.haaretz.com...

www.haaretz.com...

And those are both from Haaretz so I don't wanna hear anyone claiming its anti-Israel propaganda or something

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Of course they will ignore it. If they don't adhere to international law they will not obey Israeli law. The people of Israel need to get control of their government.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
www.globalresearch.ca
Is an Arab propaganda site. These clowns are the ones who claim we used nuclear weapons in Iraq and will nuke Iran. Stop the Israel bashing, your anti-semitism is sickening.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

Hey look! It's just like America! And Europe! And everywhere!

But wait a minute. Why does it get on the news if Israel does it, but not for anyone else?

BULL!

You're a fascist sympathiser are you not?

When the rule of LAW is ignored by the relevant country's government, it is known as FASCISM or DESPOTISM.

I agree that other governments get away with terrible things - but generally, that's because they have stopped issues getting to court altogether. A terrible state of affairs.

However, it is interesting to note that these other governments and countries generally don't have massive ghetto's that they bomb regularly, or bulldoze on a daily basis.

The courts in Israel still believe in Justice - the government does not. Fascism my totalitarian friend, Fascism!

Parallex.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by Parallex]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

Actually, when the state has bad laws I don't see a problem following them. Maybe it's just my NYC upbringing and seeing cops do nothing as we all ignored stupid laws that the state passed and the cops could not give a crap about.

Also,

Eminent domain much? US does it plenty. The Cops must literally put up ghettos to farm quotas. Thanks Le Corbusier. You made it certain that poor and minorities in America can forever be looked down upon in their massive brick ghettos of doom.

Sorry, but unlike most people here, I view Israel objectively. It's no different than most super powers out there.

Russia abuses its poor in ghettos, France is renowned for their mistreatment of poor Muslims, Iran hates gays, England... lol. Did you miss the 20th century? England global genocide against non whites? At least they stopped. Belgians. LOL. I won't go there.

But when Jews do it! CALL THE POLICE!

Also, rejection of law that is stupid is not called fascism. That would be the ones who passed the law to begin with. Get your terms right. Fascism is total power.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

Also, rejection of law that is stupid is not called fascism. That would be the ones who passed the law to begin with. Get your terms right. Fascism is total power.

Rejection of law that is stupid?

So laws that potentially limit abuse of Palestinians, or perhaps protect them are STUPID laws? Because YOU think they are stupid? Does the world ACTUALLY revolve around you? Are you our omnipotent and omniscient overlord that decides our fates and impressed its moral values on us all?

Welcome to the fascist club - I hear the ovens are hot, and the trains run on time.

Parallex.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
www.globalresearch.ca
Is an Arab propaganda site. These clowns are the ones who claim we used nuclear weapons in Iraq and will nuke Iran. Stop the Israel bashing, your anti-semitism is sickening.

Well I suppose that is a good way to lie to yourself and pretend that you have a legitimate reason for ignoring the truth...
I suppose I could just go around claiming that any news organisation which reports bad things that Arabs do as an Israeli propaganda outlet. That would definately promote the whole "deny ignorance" thing right?

Come on, grow up, and stop hiding behind excuses. Deal with the facts of the case, case by case, or admit that you just don't have a clue what you are talking about. Besides, I find it hard to understand how a) Jewish legal groups, b) a Jewish former deputy attorney general and c) THE ISRAELI SUPREME COURT are Arab propaganda sources, as they are just a few of the sources used in the article I posted. But then again, apparently I'm anti-semitic because I both posted what a number of highly respected Israeli Jews had to say and because I am (rightfully) critical of the Israeli government's racist policies towards non-Jews? So in your fantasy world it is racist towards Jews to criticize governments who enact laws which are racist against non-Jews?

Stop hiding behind ridiculous claims of anti-semitism and try actually "denying ignorance" for once. Trust me, the truth is far more satisfying than fiction!
So, using your own sentence structure: "Stop the truth bashing, your anti-reality is sickening".

Oh yeah, and I will be reporting you for your ridiculously offensive and entirely baseless ad hominem attack on me.

EDIT: To add: On that note, I dare you, or anyone to report me for supposedly being anti-semitic and let us see just how racist you claim that I am! I am not afraid to defend my record, are you?

[edit on 18-7-2010 by dangerouslogic]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Yea sure, why not. Crown me your king so that I can nuke Jerusalem and end the whole war for ever!

In real life, you are playing the strawman fallacy. Thinking that because I rejected laws in one side of the world, totally unrelated laws on the other side of the world I reject too.

strawman. Nothing more and nothing less.

I am perfectly fine and dandy with laws preventing killing. But IN the case of Israel and Palestine, I do not take a side. Both sides voted for war and both sides got their lovely war. To risk angering the mods, two dicks had a dick waving contest and the bigger dick-head won. Clap clap clap. That is the situation there. Switch the sides and we'd all be crying for Israel now too. In the end, they both voted for war. One side lost. Now for me it is a non issue, because all the innocent people moved out of there years ago, and visit my church every year to sell artifacts from the middle east, giving a speech or two about how bad both sides are and why they left.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Damn. You're too intelligent to be on my FOE list.

But you are cold man - seriously cold. Neither Israel nor Palestine deserve to exist - I agree in that point - but what is the solution? Your argument from the fence is comfortable, but ultimately unhelpful.

Parallex.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Well believe it nor not, but the Bible has the best solution. The land was given to Abraham's descendants. Jews Muslims and Christians consider him their ancestor. So the land is for all, not for one.

new topics

top topics

join