It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Deception YouTube Account Hacked

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Considering "hacking" yourself deletes the video links all across the world wide web, that seems to be a pretty retarded way of generating "street cred"

Would that not be a good way to make people buy the DVD from Alex like he wants you to do?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by evil incarnate

Since you can watch it all over the web on various sites and Alex actively tells people to make copies of it and distribute it free, no.

The YouTube video was the best mechanism to get people to buy the video.

I'm sure his sales will suffer because of this.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Since you can watch it all over the web on various sites and Alex actively tells people to make copies of it and distribute it free, no.

Then why are you so worried about it being taken down if it is all over the web?

Seems to me, there is ONE LESS place to watch it for free now. I know what Alex says to do. I also know he still profits off of his movies. You just happen to believe that a liar can be honest when they profess altruism.

The YouTube video was the best mechanism to get people to buy the video.

Why? Who is watching it over and over again without being able to get back to their computer?

I'm sure his sales will suffer because of this.

I am sure you are wrong.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   

So he took down a video with 6 million views on YouTube, a year after it was originally put on up on YouTube, because he wanted people to buy a video that they could watch free of charge on dozens of other sites - including YouTube.

Yeah, good theory.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   

So he took down a video with 6 million views on YouTube, a year after it was originally put on up on YouTube, because he wanted people to buy a video that they could watch free of charge on dozens of other sites - including YouTube.

Yeah, good theory.

So this video has been seen by 6 million people on youtube alone, is free all over the web, can be downloaded on file sharing networks without fear of prosecution, and people have been passing out copies for a year...

...and the FBI or CIA felt it was time to put a stop to it?

Yeah, good theory.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   

So who's telling lies now?

No one said it was the NSA/CIA that took down the video.

You did.

Liar.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   

So who's telling lies now?

No one said it was the NSA/CIA that took down the video.

You did.

Liar.

For one, I never said NSA.

For two, I asked a question, not made a claim. Get some rest. You need to be ready. I was listening to Alex and he says president Clinton will be implementing martial law any minute now.

Lie

Too funny.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   

What's funny is believing a person would take down a video with 6 million views intentionally because they wanted to increase video sales for a year old video that's available free across the web.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

What's funny is believing a person would take down a video with 6 million views intentionally because they wanted to increase video sales for a year old video that's available free across the web.

Not as funny as assuming the government would wait a year and millions of views later to take it down?

Look, in all reality it was most likely as some say, just another youtube crack. It happens all the time. Kids are punks and do punk things online. I am reading this thread and seeing the same logic used to deride the idea of self imposed vandalism is also being used to bolster the idea of government cleanup operations? No one is afraid of anything Alex has to say and the idea that some government agent took this youtube page down, leaving Alex distribution intact is every bit as stupid as doing it yourself to increase sales.

So if you have an actual conspiracy, let's see it? It is not like this movie has gone away. It is a year old. You can find it for free all over. You can still buy it from Alex, he was just advertising it yesterday DURING his show. Obviously Alex thinks it is pretty important after all this time to send him money and buy it from him. You go on thinking he is just an honest hero trying to help the masses. I promise to spring you from Clinton's FEMA camps.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Rothbard points out exactly what I am saying. The conspiracy is system wide, and inherent in all people. Where I break away from a Jones-type theory is where I do not believe it is being orchestrated by a unified 'Illuminati" or "Globalist" group. Simply, bureaucracies like these are too inefficient to create this us vs. them narrative he portrays. But, even more disturbing and dangerous, is that the conspiracy is perpetrated by the vast majority of people acting in their perverse sense of self-interest in a broken, irrational system. Jones gets caught up in too much fluff and fiction.

Most tyranny came into existence because people were unable to fight it off, while tyranny maintains its thrown of power due to peoples inability to comprehend a world without it. From the top down, everyone has been fooled.

Bring up Rothbardian ideas in a discussion, and one finds that it isn't 'the powers that be' resisting the ideas, but regular people. The Bilderbergers believe in their cause because in their perverse view of the world, it makes sense. Regular people are no different.

Imagine modern Macroeconomics. It, literally, doesn't make sense unless you 'logically' break down the ideas in a game (as in game theory) that has irrational rules. Every day is opposite day in the Keynesian viewpoint, and it being opposite day is the very premise for which they derive their theories.

The reason we have tyranny, bad economics, corrupt officials, poor schools, war, and rampant inefficiency, is because, for most people, it is opposite day.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   

NSA/CIA

Yes he never referred to them specifically, but he did refer to 'them' 'they' were running scared' and thats why they deleted the video. Them as in the groups theses videos address, the powers to be, the government, the CIA/NSA.

With 6 million views, the video is bound to have pissed someone off.

Remember that video 'We need McCain'? It had that soldier on talking about how it was important McCain get elected so we could continue the Iraq war. It got 12 million views the last time I saw it, which was a year ago. Who knows how many views it has now? And who knows how many people still support our presence in Iraq or feel it was justified.

Views are no good indicator as to whether a video has any real truth to it or whether something is really taking flight among the populous. Its just a video that will attract people then afterwards they go back to their daily business.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Where does it say 6 million people watched it? Looks more like a few hundred thousand.

I really don't think anyone of any importance particularly cares what Alex Jones and his peanut gallery have to say, I'd bet money the guy did it to himself for attention.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
This comes after Alex Jones asked listeners to basically spam the search engines with the obama deception to make it #1. The very next day the videos are gone. Something is up here people this wasnt just a random hack. This was done intentionally by either someone from the government ..google/youtube or alex jones himself. regardless, if this was the us government or google/youtube it violates freedom of speech and needs to be looked at something important. When whoever hacked this account is traced, by ip or whomever, and it was someone from the government or youtube/google it needs to be reported to mainstream news.

This angers me beyond belief. this is our freedom of speech right here being cencored and this thread needs to be on the top of this site. this is our #ing life right here. dont let them cencor us do something about this!

This whole thing that people think alex took it down to increase sales is simply untrue. He links right on his site and in the most recent article about this whole situation links to alternate youtube videos of the obama deception. They took down the highest quality version ..not all of them.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by AndrewJay]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I never heard of this video til now. I'm not highly educated on infowars or Alex Jones, though. I've watched him once or twice and read his website once or twice.

I can still find it on youtube, so I guess the only loss is the loss of anywhere it was linked on the web, and the loss of the supposed massive views.

I guess anyone who really feels strongly about having the video on their site can just take 3 minutes and replace the broken url with a working one.

It sucks the video was deleted by someone unauthorized, but hey it's the internet - get a good password. Something like ix3Eda62dF4oTv3

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by againuntodust
I never heard of this video til now. I'm not highly educated on infowars or Alex Jones, though. I've watched him once or twice and read his website once or twice.

I can still find it on youtube, so I guess the only loss is the loss of anywhere it was linked on the web, and the loss of the supposed massive views.

I guess anyone who really feels strongly about having the video on their site can just take 3 minutes and replace the broken url with a working one.

It sucks the video was deleted by someone unauthorized, but hey it's the internet - get a good password. Something like ix3Eda62dF4oTv3

This happend the day AFTER alex jones told listeners to spam google and yahoo with the name of the movie. Only after the movie was #1 on both sites did it get hacked. Youtube is owned by google. If google doesnt want something at the top it will simply delete it. This is what happend here it wasnt just a random hack. It happend the day after it reached #1 in google.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by AndrewJay

Thanks for clarifying. There was a court reversal recently involving the FCC and Comcast. The FCC told Comcast that they could not throttle bit torrent traffic because it would set the stage for an ISP to block traffic to websites and limit free speech. The FCC won. That decision has now been reversed. Comcast can throttle traffic and block websites now. I wonder if that decision has anything to do with the possibly of Google/Youtube removing content from their site? Although, now that I think about it, I guess since they own the site they can just remove any content they want. Well, interesting conspiracy I guess!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewJay
This comes after Alex Jones asked listeners to basically spam the search engines with the obama deception to make it #1.

Maybe that was it right there? Maybe it was even a listener of Alex' that got sick of hearing him. I tried to listen to him while I was driving to Buffalo and after TEN STRAIGHT MINUTES of instructions on how to use google and spell Obama correctly so that he can be number 1 on google, I got realllllly sick of hearing about it. If nobody is looking for it now, they do not want it. I am afraid Alex is losing his war with the internet and time.

The very next day the videos are gone. Something is up here people this wasnt just a random hack.

Probably someone like me only who knew how to shut him up. I used to like listening to his BS but if all I am going to hear is one hour "Here is how google works, folks. This is admitted folks." along with 3 hours of "Dr. Bob, how much gold at last weeks price do you still have?" I can see someone deciding to stick it to him just for fun.

This was done intentionally by either someone from the government ..google/youtube or alex jones himself. regardless, if this was the us government or google/youtube it violates freedom of speech and needs to be looked at something important. When whoever hacked this account is traced, by ip or whomever, and it was someone from the government or youtube/google it needs to be reported to mainstream news.

Mind if I ask how it violates free speech? You are not guaranteed a youtube account in the constitution.

This angers me beyond belief. this is our freedom of speech right here being cencored and this thread needs to be on the top of this site. this is our #ing life right here. dont let them cencor us do something about this!

So none of our parents had free speech? Get a grip. Shutting down a youtube account is NOT messing with free speech. No one is stopping anyone from saying anything. All that happened was he lost his chance to use youtube to do it for a day. Being guaranteed the RIGHT to speak is not the same as guaranteeing the right to an audience.

This whole thing that people think alex took it down to increase sales is simply untrue.

How do you know that for sure?

He links right on his site and in the most recent article about this whole situation links to alternate youtube videos of the obama deception. They took down the highest quality version ..not all of them.

That only proves the point more. Anyone that knows Alex knows he would not do this without then screaming about how it happened.

The bottom line is this. You are worried about Alex right to free speech? The last time I checked, anyone could open a youtube account. Getting a nationally syndicated radio show is almost impossible. Alex still has his show. How about you?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewJay
This happend the day AFTER alex jones told listeners to spam google and yahoo with the name of the movie. Only after the movie was #1 on both sites did it get hacked.

Can you show that it ever actually made it to number 1 on either site, let alone both?

Youtube is owned by google. If google doesnt want something at the top it will simply delete it. This is what happend here it wasnt just a random hack. It happend the day after it reached #1 in google.

So google waited until it was number 1 on google and also until it was number 1 on yahoo before taking it down off youtube?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
i'd like to point out that i don't know who this obama deception person is

nor am i familiar with his videos

but i am in fact endowed with all the knowledge concerning the political and nonpolitical shams and deception surounding obama

my point being, even though this account may be hacked and video down, it doesn't matter, the damage to obama's reputation is done, we all already know all the conspiracies and political perversions of obama, a youtube video or account down isn't going to make a difference

[edit on 7/18/2010 by indigothefish]

[edit on 7/18/2010 by indigothefish]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
AJ detractors remind me of Gulliver in Lilliput.
he has a document cam
his detractors have invective...

Kinda like bringing a knife to a gun fight...

When I see an AJ detracter out accomplish AJ, then maybe they will have some cred, till then the self awarded credibility they cling to will serve them as well as it's worth.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join