It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Jazeera used "under consciousness" media?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
hi Ats-ers, normally the only news channel i watch, is Al JAzeera, a Doha based news channel, which i though so far always displays news in a very neutral way from all sides.

Unfortunately however, yesterday when i watched the news at Al Jazeera i noticed something quite disturbing (it went so quick, I did not record and do not have any proove). Here is the story:

There was a report about Julian Gillard, the new Prime Mister and upcoming Australian elections in August. They showed some picture about boat immigrants entering Australia. While they showed these illegal immigrant pictures, for a split second they showed the picture of the Indonesian President, while showing the illegals entering Australia, putting Indonesia in an "automatic connection to illegal immigrants to Australia" or mind control technique by media. you can read more about mind control by media here: vigilantcitizen.com...

Anyway the above disappoints me greatly, because i always thought Al Jazeera would be different from CNN, BBC, etc , in that they report more neutral and honest, .. but it looks like they using the same techniques to fool sheeple

Edit : typo

[edit on 17-7-2010 by nagabonar]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
You thought Al Jazeera was trust worthy? haha, Forgive my laughter.

There is no such thing as a "trust worthy" news source, as all are bias, all of them have sponsors to please, agendas, etc.

Some quick research and this is what I found to back up my automatic dismissal of their "credibility".

The original Aljazeera channel was started in 1996 by an emiri decree with a loan of 500 million Qatari riyals (US$137 million) from the Emir of Qatar, Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa

en.wikipedia.org...

Who is Sheikh Hamad bin Kalifa?
en.wikipedia.org...

Read up on him. He is shady as hell.

Why would anyone trust him?

I consider Al Jazeera as equal to FOX, ABC,NBC,CBS, BBC, etc.

It's the MSM mainstream media. TPTB the powers that be.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I think they prolly showed Indonesia because he is against the plan that Gillard has. And alot of the boats come from Indonesia. Indonesia is the biggest muslim democracy in the world as well.

Were the big rich country - the regional processing facility should be here.

new topics

join