It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEA raids first medical pot co-op applicant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

DEA raids first medical pot co-op applicant

www.ukiahdailyjournal.com

The federal Drug Enforcement Administration last week raided the Covelo home of the county's first applicant for a 99-plant exemption under the county's newly revised medical marijuana cultivation code.

"I don't know why this came up on the DEA's radar," Mendocino County Sheriff Tom Allman said, adding that none of the other approximately 10 applicants had been raided by the DEA.

"I'm sure when the case is unsealed by the judge we'll know a whole lot more," Allman said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
So I guess this is just another Obama lie. Did Obama not say that the feds weren't going to interfere with medical marijuana users/distributers? To me, this looks like the government trying to scare anyone away from applying for the over-25 plant exemption.

Think about it, even if this woman does beat the charge, it is going to be so stressful, time consuming, embarrassing and most of all, expensive, that it really won't matter. People are going to wonder that if they try to do this within the law, it is going to make them a target, defeating the whole intent in the first place.

--airspoon

www.ukiahdailyjournal.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
screw the whole concept of the drug war regardless of your feelings on it the prohibition on pot is nonsense and the sooner its legalized the sooner we can start solving some of our problems tax it use it for fuel clothing food etc

its not like crack which kills people, its not like coke which kills people its not like heroine which kills people and if you buy into all that jesus stuff its an infringement on our practicing of freedom of religion jesus" i give to you ALL SEED BEARING PLANTS" so has any one tried that argument b4 ?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Well this is what happens when you allow the federal government to create unconstitutional laws and agencies over and over again. The federal government has no constitutional authority to create a DEA or to say drugs are legal or illegal on a national basis.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG
screw the whole concept of the drug war regardless of your feelings on it the prohibition on pot is nonsense and the sooner its legalized the sooner we can start solving some of our problems tax it use it for fuel clothing food etc

its not like crack which kills people, its not like coke which kills people its not like heroine which kills people and if you buy into all that jesus stuff its an infringement on our practicing of freedom of religion jesus" i give to you ALL SEED BEARING PLANTS" so has any one tried that argument b4 ?

Solving problems is not the point of our government. That is the role of our private sector.

Our government is 99% larger than it should be. Much of what we pay people to do should be done using a different process that would eliminate federal jobs at breakneck pace.

Of course, you do this and you can remove the bridle on free trade and see a boom in that regard, as well. But that doesn't keep a senators useless brother in law employed as an "aide".

new topics

top topics

join