It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is NASA's website so lame?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

I see what you're saying, but I just don't really think that's the case. I mean I don't think the guy that works on the website is the same guy that designs the rockets. LOL.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by worlds_away
Haha. Your post made me laugh. I could totally picture a jock in high school with the tone and everything saying that... but seriously... some nerds are cool

I was a crossover in high school. I was on the Varsity track team (sprints and relays), but I was also in the drama department. I hung out with the jocks, but I was also in the Chess Club. You might find me fighting in a redneck pool hall one night and then tutoring some chick in Algebra or Geometry the next.

This all kind of came to a crashing halt in college, when my interests collided in a destructive way — my Journalism professor assigned me the task of reviewing the Drama Department's latest production, because I was in Drama, also. I gave my own Drama class a scathing review in the college paper, and the Theatre Director kind of backed me into a corner and told me to get the fekk out before he had to murder me.

Thus was my career firmly established in Journalism.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by fieryjaguarpaw
I see what you're saying, but I just don't really think that's the case. I mean I don't think the guy that works on the website is the same guy that designs the rockets. LOL.

Oh, no, but the webmaster can only insert the content that he receives on a weekly basis from management. And I know the gubbmint doesn't pay its webmasters the high-end salaries — they're all GS grunts making barely more than minimum wage. They aren't paid to be creative, there's no incentive to excel.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I didn’t mean to imply you were a jock, it was just the image that popped into my head while reading your post. The acting was fantastic.

If all NASA employees were drama students or if they employed better web designers the world would be a better place.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
NASA used to have the most awesome website on Earth. It was jammed chock-full of interactive aeronautics learning tools for our flight students and great space science news.

Then the Bush gov't outsourced the site to India.

And Canada.

And Now, These Guys Are Working On It...

Because...

So its more like the Post Office now. Quasi-gov't. Shadow gov't?

Ever since, bah. Nothing to see here, please move on.

Obama is just mopping up.

The front agency is going silent, just like the Other Space Agency.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by Chakotay]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Before you start asking yourself question about why Nasa does this and Nasa does not do that, you need first to know what the word NASA means.

It means: N EVER A NY S ERIOUS A NSWER.

Got it, so don't ask further questions.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by eurocrates

Wow.
Did you think that up all by yourself?
Cool!

[edit on 7/17/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by eurocrates
It means: N EVER A NY S ERIOUS A NSWER.

I thought it meant NO ALIENS, STEP AWAY

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by eurocrates

Wow.
Did you think that up all by yourself?
Cool!
[edit on 7/17/2010 by Phage]

A little reality check here - especially since your such a champion of reality.

Stick with the facts guy, and leave the conjecture and rhetoric to those more suited.

You've made a name here by providing logic via solid links, personal knowledge, and a good amount of common sense.

If you are gonna venture into the realm of talking sh!t, you may find your yourself getting debunked on a regular basis.

Quantitate - don't Qualitate...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

ok.

Oh... and..what?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
so when are they going to hookup a live video feed outside the space shuttle and let us watch it live without edits ?

NASA is a disgrace and if i ever meet a NASA employee i would say it all over again in their face.

how many of you noticed the 3D animation
what are they hiding scums

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by fieryjaguarpaw

I think nasa is stuck between a rock and a hard place. They probably have several different alphabet org's watching them at all times.

They may be near the top of the 'secret club' food chain, but there's always someone else looking into your business.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by fieryjaguarpaw

Why is nasas site so lame?

it's a reflection of the agency itself.

It is only there because "people think they have a right to it"
and they certainly do, as they pay for it.

So nasa has to put up something on the web for those people to look at. At least give them a little idea that they are "a part" of it all. lol

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

I bet they get a lot of nerd rage down at NASA.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by aspx

Well there are NASA boys on this site. technically you already said it to them.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   

I thought it was:

No Advanced Spaceships Allowed

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

"So nasa has to put up something on the web for those people to look at. At least give them a little idea that they are "a part" of it all"

Right on man. That org. used to be something to shoot for, maybe one day be a part of thebigger picture, as an astronaut or tech guy, but now it seems the majority of people think they are hiding things. they are. and the dream of working for them is still there but its not the same.

and wow, phage got pwned.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

"I guess they're too busy doing sciency and spacy things to worry about the appearance of their site."

i completely agree. they have a job load that far surpasses most, and i dont think their site is a priority.

though with all the NASA bashing threads i see, maybe they should work on it. good job NASA.

and to those who find it so easy to make fun of them, try a national space program for a job description.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I love it when old threads get dug up out of nowhere, it allows me snarky comments like this:

They're rocket scientists, not web designers!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join