It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu: America Is A Thing You Can Move Very Easily

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
This is a very interesting article I came up on that describes a speech Netanyahu held in 2001, which he wasn't aware of being filmed. I think it shows very much how he and Israel views the U.S.

A newly released video of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu could add some additional strain to the sometimes tense relationship between him and President Obama.

In the video, which is from 2001, Netanyahu -- who reportedly did not know his speech was being recorded -- speaks frankly in Hebrew about relations with the Clinton White House and the peace process.

As noted in Haaretz, Netanyahu seems to boast of his knowledge of the US by saying, "I know what America is. America is a thing you can move very easily, move it in the right direction. They won't get in their way."

He also boasts of manipulating the U.S. in the ongoing peace process, as the Washington Post points out:

"They asked me before the election if I'd honor [the Oslo accords]," he said. "I said I would, but ... I'm going to interpret the accords in such a way that would allow me to put an end to this galloping forward to the '67 borders. How did we do it? Nobody said what defined military zones were. Defined military zones are security zones; as far as I'm concerned, the entire Jordan Valley is a defined military zone. Go argue."

The video was broadcast on a TV program called "This Week With Miki Rosenthal" titled "The Real (And Deceitful) Face of Benjamin Netanyahu." In Israel's Haaretz newspaper, columnist Gideon Levy said of the video:

These remarks are profoundly depressing. They bear out all of our fears and suspicions: that the government of Israel is led by a man who doesn't believe the Palestinians and doesn't believe in the chance of an agreement with them, who thinks that Washington is in his pocket and that he can pull the wool over its eyes. There's no point in talking about Netanyahu's impossible rightist coalition as an obstacle to progress. From now on, just say that Netanyahu doesn't want it.

You can find the article here:

Netanyahu In 2001: 'America Is A Thing You Can Move Very Easily'

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
This is from 2001.

Things have changed a lot since then.

Netanyahu should be asked how he feels about America now.

I am certain that his opinion has changed.

When you ask him to revisit this discussion...tell him brux sent you.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I've gathered from this article that was written two days ago, that the speech is from 2001, but it was was leaked recently. And that this is why there is added strain to the "sometimes tense relationship between him (Netanyahu) and President Obama."

And when you say that this "opinion certainly has changed" since 2001, are you privvy to what Netanyahu thinks of the U.S. outside the sphere of public information?

[edit on 17/7/10 by Droogie]

[edit on 17/7/10 by Droogie]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Droogie

Added strain between two temporary employees is nothing to be concerned with. Both will be doing something in 3 years.

The article was trying to create an issue out of thin air.

What these people think is unimportant.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
If you look at it, hes right.

AMERICA is so fixated on their goal, they are willing to shift anything outside of their sight. Even if it means freedom.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by bruxfinn
reply to post by Droogie

Added strain between two temporary employees is nothing to be concerned with. Both will be doing something in 3 years.

The article was trying to create an issue out of thin air.

What these people think is unimportant.

I believe that the relationships between leaders of nations are incredibly important when it comes to cooperation. If Netanyahu thinks the U.S. is an easy nation to manipulate, I would think that this is a problem. As far as I know, the relationship between leaders vastly decides how the countries interact with each other directly or indirectly.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Oh well as long as he keeps getting Americas' money he's laughing...
he doesn't care what Americans think...
Nor does America's government.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Droogie

doesn't change the fact that, despite the age of the article, the opinion was expressed 9 years ago.

I am certain that this opinion has changed since then and if it hasn't both Netanyahu and his nation are in for some shocking revelations. I would say that the Israeli's deserve better leadership.

This is a non-event and what this man believed is no longer important.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by bruxfinn

The article clearly states that this speech adds additional strain to the sometimes tense relationship between the two. This implies that what Netanyahu said still lingers between the two nations. If this is how it is in reality, neither me or you can answer.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Droogie

I think its more likely that someone that is neither Netanyahu or Obama wants it to be an issue. Obviously someone doesn't feel that the relationship is tense enough...that's why the article was released.

I suspect that it doesn't matter what the relationship is in reality...the article was written long ago and they waited until the predetermined date to release it.

That was two days ago apparently...and it must be true because the article said so.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Well with the news of Israel making the Jordan area a military life fire zone, and the fact that Someone brought up that they keep getting their money from America, 3billion worth. I'd say nothing has changed for him. Besides he controls America until the Americans stand up and say We don't want to pay them anymore. Why should you be paying them to begin with? why should you all be loosing your homes and jobs, yet these people get 3billion dollars. You have 300 million people in your country right? so that is 100$ off your taxes each year/per person.

So 100$ could keep the lights on or get you into a shelter once your house is taken away. This is just on the cash your government is paying out to 1 country. Don't forget all the other countries AND defense budget for research and Paying Churches and other government funded people (social assistance) to keep them on the sofa all day.

The time to do something is now. not 3 years from now. Not when your kids grow up the can deal with it. Your forefathers steeped up and committed treasonous acts against the British Empire when they founded your country. yet they did it because of a need. A need to be free.
it doesn't take one person to stand up against a government. it takes an army of people. however that army can start with just one man recruiting 10 others. Those others recruit 10 friends and those 10 friends recruit 10. within a very short time you went from that one lonely man standing on a hill, to a 100,000 standing on capitol hill.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by bruxfinn
reply to post by Droogie

I think its more likely that someone that is neither Netanyahu or Obama wants it to be an issue. Obviously someone doesn't feel that the relationship is tense enough...that's why the article was released.

I suspect that it doesn't matter what the relationship is in reality...the article was written long ago and they waited until the predetermined date to release it.

That was two days ago apparently...and it must be true because the article said so.

What you think was behind any reason as to why the article was released now, doesnt't really hold any ground in reality. But the article probably was released when huffington post found it appropriate, this however, doesn't mean there's a conspiracy behind it. As you might suggest by your tone. I'd like for you to show any sources as to why this information was released when it did, if you are so hell bent that it was "meant" to be released at the time it did. But forgive me if I don't understand you correctly.

However, I think that a war between nations can be decided on a call from an influential third-party nation, for example the U.S. That's why a good relationship between world leaders are important.

new topics

top topics

join