It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC reporting that corexit is killing clean up workers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
With what has occurred and said about BP, I am surpirised that at least one advisor in the Oil company or its agencies did not go to any HazMat sites to find out just what is needed for any workers or clean up crews.
(www.usfa.dhs.gov...)
( phmsa.dot.gov...)
there are two examples just pulled up in less than a minute on the net.

You'd think in this day and age international corporations would be the ones other companies use as good examples not bad examples. This will probably be swept under the carpet were people who should have taken responsibility don't.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Can you say.....

O.S.H.A.

or

E.P.A

Since when has BP not had to conform with these standards.

I guess they are exempt from them.

Where is the M.D.S on this corexit

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I'm searching MSNBC and I can't find anything about corexit killing cleanup workers. Or is this like the hoax about all of the Valdez workers being dead? Funny you google corexit killing cleanup workers and not one link goes to MSNBC.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Hoaxometer off the charts.

Are you doomers even trying anymore?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Already posted this video here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Starred and Flagged nontheless.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

These workers should be FORCED to wear respirator's, not have to petition for them.

BP clearly has no conscience, their more concerned over profits and public image than they are over wildlife, the ocean, and now human life.

When are company's going to stop hiding behind paperwork and discreet employee contracts, they need to be held accountable, not just financialy but lawfully.

If even ONE worker dies from their policies or lack thereof the decision makers should be charged with manslaughter or at least criminal negligence.

We have evolved into a world where simply signing a contract, or writing a check is seen as solving problems, where dead workers are nothing more than extra paperwork.

When will heads freakin roll !!!!!!!

Get a grip you people.

No one has died from the oil slick and I wish you people would stop spreading scare stories for no reason.More people die in bathtubs or crossing the street then from any oil spill.

Stop blaming BP.It was an American company called Transocean.

It was their rig that exploded.If I had been in front of Congress I would ripped them to shreds at their hypocrisy for blaming BP when it was American Transocean that was at fault..

That B.P chairman was an impotent joke.Tongue tied and apologetic, what a spineless idiot.If only I had been there.

Oh I forgot you always blame foreigners for any little difficulty in your decadent lifestyle.Oh no I can't go to the beach and ogle the bare flesh.What an atrocity!

I hear 510000 Americans get killed by cancer every year in America alone!

No big hoo ha about that.

No indignation about that.

Why?

You know why?

it is not in the goglebox , news so you don't give a damn.

You jump on what ever passing bandwagon passes the vested interests in the media business circus.

Once again calm down.

There is no cause for alarm from the oil spill caused by Transocean.

TRANSOCEAN.

Ok?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeternium

see this isn't a problem for me ,it's called betrayal, after the betrayal occurs the betrayed have no further obligation to their betrayers

they do not owe them truth, protection, honor ,equal treatment, or any form or application of fealty ,or any other consideration, contract is null and void

all that happens after you keep playing by the rules with a betrayer, even when you know you have been betrayed by them is you keep getting screwed

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I'm guessing you just violated the thought law and committed a crime, which makes you a dissident, ergo a domestic terrorist. That said the DoD probably just added you to the BIG list. mmmmm wonder where they get their info from? Hands up if you are a puppet on a string, we know who you are!

Personally I LOVE the NWO, Obama is a breath of fresh cleansing air and Hilary is a vision of delight. I don't know why Bill wanted to get sucked off by a hot intern when he could go home and nail an old witch, I mean bitch, damn it I meant MILF!

[edit on 18/7/2010 by theregonnakillme]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by theregonnakillme

Where is the mute button? If I can find it, I'mma mute this guy, PHAGE, and that kevinunknown dude.

On topic: I cannot believe that BP would not let their workers wear protective gear b/c it creates a bad image. That's just sad and gross.

Oh yea, and I agree with other's above that the title of this thread is indeed quite misleading.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jlafleur02

Originally posted by 4nsicphd

Originally posted by mr20121221
Make sure workers get the best suing lawyers around ! but than BP might have bought them already

Can' sue. Workers Compensation is the exclusive remedy against an employer. It would not prevent a products liability case against the maker of Corexit but BP's Comp carrier (insurance company) takes the employer's hit.

Up to the limit of liability

You can't limit liability in Comp. But the worker also cannot recover for pain and suffering or punative damages. You can get permanent total disability pay for life as a % of average weekly wage and medical bills paid. That's it.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by [davinci]
In many industries you cannot start working until certified in writting that you have received training provided by a government registered training person. This training is required just to enter the building, regardless of whether you will ever come in contact based on your job.

These programs detail what information must be provided to an employee about any substance they will be working with along with the mandatory equipment to be used. Every chemical must include a registered MSDS (material safety data sheet) that describes up to 9 categories of information ranging from chemical properties to medical treatments.

(I know from one previous employer that you weren't even allowed into the chemical room without a respirator/mask at least in hand in case of fumes)

This sounds like a responsible way of doing business. If there's nothing to hide, full disclosure about the chemicals to be used is just good practice.

Incidentally, I love your inuksuk avatar!

[edit on 18-7-2010 by [davinci]]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dandelionlight

This sounds like a responsible way of doing business. If there's nothing to hide, full disclosure about the chemicals to be used is just good practice.

You would think so anyways.

Then again, when you consider that there's an equation for deciding whether it is cheaper to protect lives from the start or just pay legal settlements at the end I guess it comes as no surprise.

Incidentally, I love your inuksuk avatar!

Thank you!

[edit on 19-7-2010 by [davinci]]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr20121221
Make sure workers get the best suing lawyers around ! but than BP might have bought them already

The Feds handle the disbarment process.

When they want a lawyer to throw a case they just
let him know that they can have some evidence planted
that will cause them to be disbarred.

There are some crusader lawyers out there, but most will buckle
if it comes to feeding their family or joining the sheep living
under the bridges after the collapse.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by wwwizard
I have two problems with this thread. The title that the OP has chosen to give this thread is MSNBC reports that Corexit is killing clean up workers. At no point in the video does anybody say that anything is killing relief workers. In fact, they don't really even say that relief workers are getting sick. One could imply that the relief workers are, or will be ill as a result of their work but it is never actually stated that they ARE becoming ill or dying. What is said is that some relief workers have a relatively high concentration of a toxic substance in their bodies. That's the only information that the video clip gives me. The title of this entire thread is misleading.

The second problem that I have with this thread is the use of Kieth Olberman as a legitimate source.....let's not even open that can of worms right now.

It is not said in plain English, that is correct, but here is the deal.

If you went to the doctor and he told you your body is full of a
heavy concentration of toxic chemicals you would be very concerned.

As it is not you that received that diagnosis it is easy to go onto
some internet blog and say oh its all hype and they are just
full of lethal chemicals they can take an aspirin and be fine.

I assure you that if you got a call right now telling you that you
had a lethal level of toxic soup in your blood stream your
concern level would do a 180 degree about face.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeternium

Originally posted by g146541
Corporations understand capital losses and nothing else.

You are absolutely correct about that. The point is, replying with violence would put us on the same board as Corporations are.

Well that and the deeper message here.

They do not really care about their slaves dying, all they really
care about is how does it affect their brand and their profit.

They do not really care about their worker bots, they can just
order up a new batch of meat for the grinder.

Thus why they called hamburger hill that name.

Money and Power is all they love, and its the only thing you could
hurt that would get a response out of them.

That is why Gandhi's plan worked.

He went after their money without violence.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by TylerKing

Originally posted by Vitchiloespecially pro-Obama MSM

Not starring or flagging just because of this line. Can't people just talk about the subject without interjecting the anti-Obama rhetoric into every damn thing I read these days? It's as bad as Yahoo...

Awww, I am so sorry, someone cast the media in a light that makes
it look possibly biased.

We can get you some tissue to dry those tears.

All of the media is TOTALLY biased because it is owned.

The media has become the mouth piece of ppl with large piles of cash.

We have liberal media bias, we have war party bias.

Both sides are totally biased and a stack of lies a mile high
can be found on either side.

As soon as ppl realize that they will say what ever the public wants
to hear to get elected, and then turn around and do what ever their
pay masters tell them to do once their in, ppl will "get the big picture"

We have the best government money can buy.

We have a bunch of CFR, Bilderberg, and Trilateral Commission
puppets that dance to the tune of the money men.

They do not care about some blowhards on some internet blog.

They do not care about Suzie Q home maker and her kids.

They act like they give a damn, and then you see them do the
Alinksy method and that is both parties.

The entire framework of our nation is nothing but horse and pony
show put on a show to make you think you need them, and
that they have the power and should keep the power to tell
you what to do.

In 1776 they were to be representatives of the ppl by the ppl
and for the ppl, but now we have a hybrid of Plutocracy & Kleptocracy.

Pirates, thieves and parasites sucking the life out of the commoners
and taxing even the basic items required for life every step of the way.

NAIS another food tax on top of the many others narrowly defeated
for the short term.

S.787 a tax on ponds on wells just for the sake of more taxes ?

This whole system is just a long chain of sell outs to a system
that is just two sides of the same coin.

Playing both ends against the middle, and the serf class is the middle.

The MSM is just the cheer leaders for their team, and the truth
is something that is often left on the sidelines.

Good Luck to you all !

[edit on 20-7-2010 by Ex_MislTech]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join