It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Losing your unemployment benefits? You lose your children too

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
This makes me SO SICK. I want to punch holes in the walls. I'm just at a loss of words. I'm seriously pissed... I'm literally boiling with anger you cannot imagine.

STINKING SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMO it's better for the kids to stay with their parents in the streets or in tent cities than being with strangers where you could be raped anytime.

It wasn't enough for the banks to take your house, your job, your car and your life... now they are taking your kids too!

[edit on 17-7-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
EEEWWWW, I cannot believe you just
made me watch a George4title video.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Do you know what cyberpunk is? No it's not a type of music, it's a genre of science fiction.

I guess we could include all types of other genres like steampunk, etc.

Anyways, point is, all of these science fiction novels depict a future world society that is known as a Dystopia.

A dystopia... is a vision of an often futuristic society, which has developed into a negative version of Utopia,in which society has degraded into a repressive, controlled state. A dystopia is often characterized by an authoritarian or totalitarian form of government. It usually features different kinds of repressive social control systems, a lack or total absence of individual freedoms and expressions and a state of constant warfare or violence. A dystopian society is also often characterized by mass poverty for most of its inhabitants.

en.wikipedia.org...

Anyways my point is:

Our world is looking more like a Dystopian cyberpunk novel every day. Slowly but surely. Baby steps.

But this baby has grown up into Big Brother...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
You had me furious before I even watched the video.
Then I watched it, and please excuse me, I'm running a little slow today,

but who is this lady making these claims?

Who is Nancy Martinez? As you might imagine, a googling of Nancy Martinez turned up quite a few.

The guy "interviewing" her seems to be leading her, and she seems to be making claims to follow his lead.

Did I miss something, or am I just assuming she's telling the truth?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
What a hugely misleading thread.

"I think... I feel...." Blah, blah, blah. Who is this woman? This is her opinion? Who cares. She's fear-mongering for press time? The interview is a waste, unless you like discussing Fear-mongering and Paranoia. Don't we have enough real and tangible issues to deal with?

[edit on 17-7-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Thanks to the clintstone, bush, obamanation, these evil feminists (would you just look at that evil face!) will have their way with our children now.

The globalists got our jobs, the bankers got our money and homes, Obama can walk into a company that is "too big to fail" and take it over, and now this.
Sick, sick evil hatred nefarious sick!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

.....and now this.

Now what? Could you be more specific?

Because there is NOTHING in that video that suggests children are being taken from families who are losing their unemployment funds. Well, other than hearsay, speculation and publicity stunting... Lol.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Go off the radar.

Regards
Lee

[edit on 17-7-2010 by h3akalee]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Meanwhile, America sends $3 billion dollars a year of AID to ISRAEL.
To be very specific, that is $3 billion dollares of AMERCANS; money going to Israel each year, out of the national purse, whilst Americans lose their homes to the ZIONIST BANKERS, and lose their livelihoods and their children.

And where did all the bailout money go?? TO THE ZIONIST BANKS.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by wcitizen]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

This is HORRIBLE! Well mostly anyway, does this lady site any cases and the circumstances to which the children were removed?
OOOh I see the video she says and I feel this is… so we are watching her predictions.
LISTEN! I am 40 years old I have 6 kids youngest twins at 17 I have no real fear of losing my kids as they are all grown up.
Did I screw up? Yes and no, I worked hard all of my life a little too hard at times.
But I have 6 healthy young adults who know who I am.
I am literally a broken man I have more pains than most people have bones.
I have worked with broken ribs, hands, pulled muscles, deep cuts Etc.
The bottom line is if you know that someone needs you and are responsible you just Cowboy up and do the job.
This is terrible that people can lose their kids via lost jobs but, before I’d let the county take my kids I’d rob a bank or die in the process.
Bottom line is and it is a cold one, “If you cant feed em, don’t breed em”.

reply to post by muzzleflash

You gotta admit though steampunk does look awful cool!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by Violater1

.....and now this.

Now what? Could you be more specific?

Because there is NOTHING in that video that suggests children are being taken from families who are losing their unemployment funds. Well, other than hearsay, speculation and publicity stunting... Lol.

Ok I think you even are missing what she said.

She said that families who are broke and on the street, can CHOOSE to have one of several organizations SET THEM UP with a "Christian Family" who will "take care of them" until the unemployed parents get back on their feet.

None of this is forced, it is all optional.

That is why my post was discussing Dystopian futures.

And in a country where poor folks give their kids to rich folks, simply because they lost their job and ended up living in a card board box, is a bit Dystopian to me.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Hey there. I've no issues with what you've posted, I thought your perspective was interesting.

I have an issue with the way this thread (in the o.p.) was presented and the EVIDENCE used to back up the point...

And specifically this comment:

It wasn't enough for the banks to take your house, your job, your car and your life... now they are taking your kids too!

They are NOT taking peoples kids, due to losing unemployment checks. The thrust of this thread is intentionally deceiving.

Moving on from this though...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
From the utube video description:

1. Breaking Up the Family to Receive more Benefits

Mothers are finding out and often encouraged by social service staff to leave their jobless husbands by offering them up to $800 per month in food stamps, VIP health care, free bus passes, $300 in Wic food supplements, Section 8 housing assistance, free day care and subsided higher education. It doesn't pay to be married when you are "on the dole'. In a systematic assault upon the family, social service workers actively encourage married women to become "welfare moms". Fathers are often left out in the cold, seeking employment wherever they can, threatened with jail by the district attorney and pressured to break the law with "under the table payments" to the wife. If he doesn't comply, he loses all contact with the children.

Not sure how true the above is, but it does rate some investigation. There is no doubt the social services programs are poorly managed...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I watched the video, and the lesson learned is keep yourself out of the social system. "ITS A TRAP" if you do not volunteer your info to the social system they have a very hard time finding out you are having to switch from prime rib to cube steak.

Once you accept funds from the GOV. you are agreeing to their rules.

For people who do not understand, do not take free money EVER! and you might be saved.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Inner city families have been living like this on the dole since the 60's playing the system. It's not unusual at all and not a new phenomenon! Just using the system as it is designed to break down the family and all the benefits of a corrupted society to the lawyers and State governments who can get money out of the problems incurred!
Johnson's Great Society on parade for all to see!

Zindo

[edit on 7/17/2010 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
It was almost 8 months ago, where I saw a story on CNN about a family split apart by choice. Where as a Christian Family offered room and board for a single mom's young son. I will try and find the video. It was sad because my first initial thought on the story was of concern as to why the christian family wasn't trying hard to keep them together. The mom was left homeless, living in a shelter I believe, while her son was with the christian family.

Don't misunderstand me, I would love to have seen a story where the mom and her young toddler stay together, but at the same time, I understand this was best for the toddler to be in a better place, however, what's one more soul to shelter and feed.

Perhaps zoning laws and government benefit requirements get in the way of people bringing an entire small family in to feed and shelter. Perhaps, that is just it. The mother mostly likely wouldn't be eligible for some kind of assistance if she lived with the family that offered shelter? If that's the case, that is sad.

Anyhow, I will try finding that old story.

It made tears stream down my face, because I have a young toddler myself. It pains me to think of what would happen to him, if we ever fell on hard times. It can happen to anyone. I have been blessed so far to have a job, and I hope it stays that way.

Peace.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by WolfPackKeeper

Here is story I found via Google, however its not the CNN story, but tells a different side of things, from a positive side, however, it is sad. Whats good and bad at the same time, is how the number of children tripled since they discovered the program last year.

From CBS News (May 11, 2010)

"The Engs are part of "Safe Families," a growing network of volunteer families in 25 cities who are taking in kids, temporarily, while their parents get back on their feet. Parents can visit or spend the night with their children anytime. The program gives them the freedom they need to get their lives back in order."

"Since we first told you about this program last year, the number of children in these temporary homes has nearly tripled, from 1,000 to 3,000."

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
From the utube video description:

1. Breaking Up the Family to Receive more Benefits

Mothers are finding out and often encouraged by social service staff to leave their jobless husbands by offering them up to $800 per month in food stamps, VIP health care, free bus passes, $300 in Wic food supplements, Section 8 housing assistance, free day care and subsided higher education. It doesn't pay to be married when you are "on the dole'. In a systematic assault upon the family, social service workers actively encourage married women to become "welfare moms". Fathers are often left out in the cold, seeking employment wherever they can, threatened with jail by the district attorney and pressured to break the law with "under the table payments" to the wife. If he doesn't comply, he loses all contact with the children.

Not sure how true the above is, but it does rate some investigation. There is no doubt the social services programs are poorly managed...

I can say that that is true, or atleast that it does happen. I don't know if it was a form of policy, or just how this caseworker did her "business".

Years ago when me and my family were "in the system", our caseworker actively encouraged her to leave me and put me on child support because she would be eligible for programs that would get her low income housing, help get her a job, a car, and cash benefits.

The "funny" part is that I was the one who worked.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Here is the thing...I just lost my unemployment benefits due to congress not passing a new law. I got roughly 2 months worth and now am cut off. Tough times? Maybe...but now I qualify for Welfare, Medicare, and Food Stamps because I have no income. So all they did was stop my few hundred dollars a week and put me on a prolonged payment plan. I personally wish they just extended my unemployment.

No they won't take your kids as anyone with kids qualifies for Welfare amongst many other programs.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
Meanwhile, America sends $3 billion dollars a year of AID to ISRAEL.
To be very specific, that is $3 billion dollares of AMERCANS; money going to Israel each year, out of the national purse, whilst Americans lose their homes to the ZIONIST BANKERS, and lose their livelihoods and their children.

And where did all the bailout money go?? TO THE ZIONIST BANKS.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by wcitizen]

3 Billion? Thats'a drop in the bucket to what's being scraped right out of your pocket. Add another 300-400 billion dollars in the religous taxation of our consumer markets, take a look at this thread.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join