It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Raw Food Experiment

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
reply to post by codefox

The problem with farmers markets is you do sometimes get some rather dishonest individuals who will try and sell hormone pumped chicken as organic and free range. The markets try and stop this but it's difficult sometimes. Of course it might just be your taste buds, if you don't like it try turkey instead or even rabbit. Rabbit has less fat than skinless chicken breast and is often cheaper.
I love wabbit,...
Shhhhh be verwee verwee quite...It is wabbit season..

I fortunately live a a very country like area,.. lots of wild animals. Turkey, deer, rabbits, good back up food '
'
Of course it is a bit unrealistic for someone that has a 60hr plus lifestyle to attempt to eat wild caught food..
Kinda why I try to stick to the local older farmers that are only interested in honest feed.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by Lil Drummerboy]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Brentnauer

Great idea, it is never to late to eat a healthy diet that is chemical free, I have been a vegetarian for over 25 years and only buy organic, love raw veggies, do eat fish, especially smoked salmon, which btw doesn't have to be cooked as someone else mentioned here, no one cooks smoked fish.

Now for the exercise, as far as withdrawal, what will happen is that you will feel better everyday and that is a good thing.

Don't pay attention to the naysayers here, most people don't have the discipline to eat a healthy diet, why do you think there are so many overweight people in America that is killing them plus processed foods that are giving them cancer..

Good luck.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

So right you are about the cancer thing,.. I also believe the plastics industry is a big assist in this.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Nice choice.

What's most important here is being able to acknowledge the difference between real food and fake food. And that's exactly what you are choosing to do.

For you to decide you want to move away from the types of things you originally said you lived on to real, whole foods - you will gain immeasurable benefits in how you physically feel, in your energy level and how your body sustains and repairs itself long term.

Acknowledging the importance of raw foods is hitting the nail on the head. We should all be aware of the importance in eating raw foods everyday. The combination of that step and the elimination of fake, chemically processed foods is the way to feeling better than we have ever thought possible.

As someone who's eaten the fast food, convenience frozen "foodstuff", barbecued meat, salty snack, high sugar drinks - diet for most of my life; the switch to real, whole foods with all ingredients being 100% identifiable and obtainable, the change in me has been dramatic in both the short and long term. (I switched 3 years ago for medical reasons).

I don't eat a single thing of what I use to anymore. I conscientiously eat raw foods each day, approx. 50% and a big portion of that being fresh juice. Specifically carrot/apple juice for both nutritive benefit and economic value. 4lbs of carrots + 2 apples = 1 liter or 34oz of extremely beneficial juice; split into two drinks for a day.

Time is an important factor to consider. Try not to sacrifice the use of beneficial foods because it takes an extra 60 mins per day. This is one of the most useful ways to spend time we can ever make use of.

In order to make the shift away from negative foods, towards positive ones, try to take some time to look into food and recipe ideas and get excited about trying them. Try something new once a week. Add the good ones to your repertoire and spend time daily putting foods together and time away from the tv/internet.

It's a great day when we realize the actual, tangible difference between food and "foodstuffs" and how our body always changes for the better.

Try this for breakfast: In blender, some frozen strawberries, a banana, some vanilla rice milk and some ground flax. Delicious smoothie. Then take an avocado, scooped out and mushed. Put that on some toasted (non-chemical) bread. Bon-appetit!

[edit on 18-7-2010 by StrangeBrew]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1

Great idea, it is never to late to eat a healthy diet that is chemical free, I have been a vegetarian for over 25 years and only buy organic, love raw veggies, do eat fish, especially smoked salmon, which btw doesn't have to be cooked as someone else mentioned here, no one cooks smoked fish.

Cool you're a vegetarian who eats fish, yeah just like i'm a none smoker who has cigars. If you're going to call yourself vegetarian then you better not be eating animals, otherwise it's just a lie. As for no one cooking smoked fish, what planet do you live on? Smoked fish is perfectly fine for cooking and many recipes call for it. One of my favorites is fish pie using a mixture of coley and smoked haddock, mmmmmmm. That's indulgence food though

Anyway back to the OP, it's an excellent idea to eat healthy, i think the raw food diet is a fad and not the best way of staying healthy but it will hands down beat the junk food you were eating. As i said earlier, you should supplement with a one a day multivitamin because the human body isn't built for raw food and you might end up deficient in something or other. Not dangerously deficient just lacking the optimum levels.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

So right you are about the cancer thing,.. I also believe the plastics industry is a big assist in this.

Absolutely right about the plastics, people buy frozen dinners [ugh] put them in a microwave which activates the chemicals in plastic, same problem with bottled water which is ok if you transfer to a glass bottle, when leaving water in plastic and letting it get warm also activates the chemicals. Speaking of microwave ovens, I threw mine away years ago, what is the point of buying healthy food and putting into a microwave which kills the enzymes and anything else that is healthy in that food, sure you have heard what is was doing to baby food and formula and the warnings not to use it.

There are still flash frozen veggies in paper containers by Birdseye that are alright to buy.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

I buy thinly sliced smoked salmon on rare occasion to put on a bagel, that is about it, maybe every six months or longer, by the way fish is not meat.
No red meat or chicken for me and no dairy which is the same as eating meat.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

It is very difficult to get away from plastic,.. And I try very hard to cook all my foods stove top. I also stay away from aluminum pans.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

There are alternatives out there, I have Pyrex pots and pans which work very well. Aluminum has been tied to Alzheimer's..

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

If you buy fresh strawberries, raspberries etc. try freezing them and then putting them in your blender, like having a frozen smoothie, it is better then adding water. Good idea to freeze them when you can take advantage of a good sale.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
hahaha when you said "the guy with the crazy eyebrows", i looked at your avatar and was like

_>

anyway, i support you, even raw meats (as long as it's fresh and organic). supplement all raw meat and foods with black walnut extract to kill/halt parasite growth.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

There are alternatives out there, I have Pyrex pots and pans which work very well. Aluminum has been tied to Alzheimer's..

If treated properly cast iron cookware is quite anti-stick. The reason Teflon and other products were used in pans is that most people didn't know how to care for their cookware. Cast iron has to be seasoned to keep it's non stickyness (if that's a word lol). Teflon and the anodised aluminium coatings do appear to have some dangers. There are some modern ceramic coatings that are completely PTFE and POAE free. They're based around silicon but they are generally low temperature, the high temperature ones cost quite a lot.

I'm a really big fan of cast iron cookware and one of the really great things about it is how long it will last. I have a pan that was my grandmothers and it's perfectly fit for use. The modern non stick coatings are often only rated for 5-10 years.

Pyrex as you mention is a great option for oven cooking as glass is completely inert.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Ya exactly why I don't use it. I tend to use our stainless,.. I havn't found anything bad about that yet.
I use Pyrex allot for portable foods.www.americanscientist.org...:
Here are a few more reasons for those that aren't aware of the plastic in foods.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
as far as cookware, cast iron anything is great. all you have to do is oil and salt it up and heat it, and rub it clean. never ever ever touch it with soap or you will ruin the taste of everything that you cook.

probably the greatest all around piece of cookware would be the cast iron wok. you can do anything in it. and you will get pretty strong doin it. x)

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

unfortunatley you cannot live on rabbit alone , it doesnt have certain vitamins and enzymes ..

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

Err No it doesnt , and I have done the research , show me a ffodstuff which enables you to replace 7 litres a day?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by gambon

unfortunatley you cannot live on rabbit alone , it doesnt have certain vitamins and enzymes ..
Ya I no dat,
I am rather healthy and get plenty of nutrients form the wide range of things I eat.
Everything I pick to eat always is chosen for some kind of nutritional value.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
So far I'm feeling pretty dang good. A lot more energy than I know what to do with. I feel like I can think more clearly too.

Thanks everyone for the awesome meal ideas and the warnings about pesticides and things.

I'm trying to buy organic when possible, but I'm not going to go broke doing it. There's bad stuff in EVERYTHING so there's no sense in killing myself over a five dollar organic bell pepper. The goal is to make the best possible change in my diet within the constraints of my budget and available meal preparation time.

To those saying the human body isn't designed to process raw foods... Everything I can find actually advocates raw food over cooked... If you have sources I'd be interested in reading up on this.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

no worries , I think a whole load of gold miners died from just eatin rabbit as the main foodstuff back in the gold rush..just thought folk should know as rabbit is fairly easy to catch , that it has a trade off..

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I don't know where you shop but my organic stores are very reasonable, never saw a five dollar pepper, check around for a store in your area, regular grocery stores are not that great. I pay on average 20 to 40 cents more per pound and at times when on sale less then regular. There are two stores in my area, Papa Joe's and Plum which are high end so I stay away from them, although they prepare organic hot food every day which sells for $4.95 pound which is cheap, they made a lot of Asian and Middle Eastern food that I love. If I spend $15.00 it's enough for about a week, can't beat that, plus another $10.00 on veggies, granted I am alone and not feeding a family.

Wouldn't worry about pesticides, like any other veggies wash them well and should be no problem.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by Aquarius1]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join