It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Raw Food Experiment

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
It is fantastic that you are changing your life style like this. But what does this have to do with any conspiracy.

Watch Food Inc. and go to youtube and search for Codex Alimentarius.

Watch reversing diabetes in 30 days.

Watch The world according to Monsanto.

Watch One man, one cow, one planet - how to save the world.

That is the conspiracy that has some ppl reaching for organic food.

RGBH, mercury in corn syrup, GMO food damaging the DNA of
lab animals all coming out in MSM news.

There is more, but those are the big ones.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Some great info on this post!

I highly recommend the OP and anyone interested in the
living/raw food approach also take a look at these books:

1) China Experiment
2) Green Smoothie Revolution & Green smoothie Diet

Green Smoothies are basically just a fruit (or veggie) based smoothie, that you add living plant materials to (ex: spinach, kale, chard, etc). These products will change your digestion very quickly and efficiently. There are many studies that link most of our ailments to how the body processes food (and the foods we eat). Ailments like cancers, arthritis, blood pressure and cholesterol issues... Change the digestion/diet, change your life!

Been doing this for over a year myself (family and me), and it has lowered our weights, made us feel better, and changed our skin/nails/small ailments that come with age. We feel 10-20 years younger.

Best thing about these 'living/raw/plant based diets'... It's not paying into any of those 'diet programs', you can do it relatively cheaply (and grow your own foods), and you have total control over your intake.

cheers all!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Do you know what the word "Organic" actually means? It means a life form.

Even genetically modified plants are "organic", by it's original definition.

So of course the first few times I heard the terms "organic food" I was totally confused and confounded.

Then I found out they simply meant that they used different techniques to grow the food.

So yeah, initially this made organic food sound better than regular food, but then after research and investigation, I found out it was all a huge scam.

Organic food still comes with pesticides all over it. It harms the environment because it requires 30%++ more land to grow the same amount of food as the mainstream crops.

Hell organic food has turned into a slogan that drives sales and profits. Have you see the price on these food items? It's off the hook.

When a corporation tells me "Hey this food is organic that means it's safer than that other food", I smell BS lol.

95% of organic food in the USA is provided by massive industrial farming corporations. Look it up, it's true!

The entire organic farming thing is a scam top to bottom.

Now if you want some good food, get some heirloom seeds and grow it yourself. Even then you don't know if it's good or safe until you EAT it.

That is why nobility had food testers. You never know if your food is safe until you consume it.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Brentnauer

Not sure if you know this, but freeze two banana's and a bunch of strawberries. When fully frozen, put them in a food processor and blend them till they're creamy.

Best god damned strawberry ice cream you'll ever eat!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

160 dollars over two weeks for groceries and you tell us most of your diet is of fast food, ramen, cookies, taco bell and wendys?

For crying out loud you spent as a single person 320 dollars a month on food! My wife and I will spend that much in a month and a half.

Yes you will spend more time going to the grocery store. With your new diet you will have to go to the store 2 or 3 times a week instead of twice a month.

So instead of going to the store 2 times a month you will now go 12 times a month. If you have that amount of time going to the store you definitly have time to fix a nice pasta, hamburger, pork chop, steak or just about a number of other things.

Doing this diet to save time will only end up with you spending more time at the store.

Also, you shouldn't keep left overs in your fridge more then 2 days. Make 2 portions, eat one, tupper wear the other. The next day make another dish and repeat. The day after that eat the left overs from 2 days before.

I would like to know what you do for a living that takes up so much time you think the only way you can eat at home is if you don't cook anything.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Tinkertrain

Like I said, it's an experiment.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
What we see in the vids are examples of people exhibiting traits of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, which in these cases are focused on food.
It is a mental disorder.

There is as much difference between this disorder and making a change in your life to a healthier lifestyle as there is in a person who washes their hands when they are dirty, before meals, after toileting, etc. and the person who is a germ-a-phobe, washing his hands in an extensive ritual hundreds of times a day, until most of his day is consumed by hand-washing, and preparing for hand-washing.

It's the same disorder, just with a different focus, or obsession.

Making a decision to eat more healthy foods in no way implies an obsessive disorder in and of itself.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Also, you shouldn't keep left overs in your fridge more then 2 days. Make 2 portions, eat one, tupper wear the other. The next day make another dish and repeat. The day after that eat the left overs from 2 days before.

I have fruit and veggies from two weeks ago that are still fresh. So I'm not quiet exactly sure where this two day concept is coming from. Care to elaborate? Are you pointing out the necessity to buy every couple days if one doesn't own a fridge?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Yes it is.

You are seeing if you will be healthier and if it will save you the time. Its kind of a no brainer that yes it will make some what healthier. Look at the crap you eat. You can eat hamburger helper every night and be healthier.

You are also seeing if it will save you time. This is also a no brainer. You will spend more time in the store then you would at home making that hamburger helper (they only take 10 minutes to cook).

Its like doing an expierament to see if a burner that has been left on for 10 minutes is hot. I'm telling you it is, but you still insist on touching it yourself.

But hey, you want to waste time and have nothing to show for it but a raw carrot then eat up bugs.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

One has to remember that the medical establishment has a habit of making damn near everything a "disorder" these days.

Staying clean and healthy is *not* a disorder.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

I wouldn't eat a 2 week old carrot, but go ahead. To clarify I was responding to him mentioning not wanting to eat 4 day old cooked left overs.

Read a little closer before jumping in the fray next time.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by Mr. Tinkertrain]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Fresh fruits and vegetables are more expensive, obviously.

I buy them weekly, and they last just fine. They are less expensive and more plentiful in the summer months, so I tend to buy and eat more of them.

I eat other things too, of course, but it would be so great to have such a nice variety year round.

I've noticed many of the fruits and veggies this summer are imported from Mexico, and they are quite good.

ETA: The avocados from Mexico are outstanding this year.

[edit on 7/17/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Wow, you're quite aggressive and verbose over an individual's decision to try something new. I'm glad you believe you have it all figured out though, kudos to you!

I'm perfectly aware that cooking ahead of time is an option should I set aside the time, however, eating raw just seems like a faster and exponentially healthier choice. I don't feel like cooking an entire meal just for myself every couple of days. I want to simplify.

I think I've made it pretty clear that this probably won't be a permanent thing. I'm making a radical change so I can experience the benefits of eating healthy at a relatively accelerated pace and walk away from this having lost the craving for garbage food and picked up some better habits... The other reasons mentioned by previous posters also apply.

If you have something constructive to add, I'd love to hear from you. If this concept and my approach to it is really jerking your chain that much, the ignore button is probably nearby.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Tinkertrain
reply to post by sirnex

I wouldn't eat a 2 week old carrot, but go ahead. To clarify I was responding to him mentioning not wanting to eat 4 day old cooked left overs.

Read a little closer before jumping in the fray next time.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by Mr. Tinkertrain]

Technically, a four day cooked leftover is less nutritious than a two week old fresh produce. Just saying... maybe learn a little more about food and nutrition.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

I agree, thats why I said I wouldn't eat anything older then 2 days.

He said 4 and I said no 2.

Are you even reading these posts or just skimming them?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Fresh fruits and vegetables are more expensive, obviously.

Not sure if it's area specific, but from my experience, whole fresh produce is much cheaper than prepared garbage.

They are less expensive and more plentiful in the summer months, so I tend to buy and eat more of them.

I will concede that produce in season locally is cheaper than produce not in season that is shipped from areas grown in season there. Yet one would readily assume that such a thing is a given, unless I'm the only one to assume such?

I eat other things too, of course, but it would be so great to have such a nice variety year round.

You can most often buy canned or frozen, with frozen usually being the best option if not buying fresh, for around a dollar. It's quiet easy to buy a variety of produce any time of the year. Sometimes, frozen is actually better than fresh as they are picked when they are ripe compare to "fresh" produce pick prior to being ripe which ripens during the shipping process.

ETA: The avocados from Mexico are outstanding this year.

My wife eats those.. Never liked them myself. :/

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

I agree, thats why I said I wouldn't eat anything older then 2 days.

You told me two weeks.

I wouldn't eat a 2 week old carrot

Are you even reading these posts or just skimming them?

I don't know now... I'm left wondering at this point if you made a wrong statement and really meant a two day old carrot or a two week old carrot. Please clarify what I read wrong and/or what you really meant. Thanks in advance!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

This is how I speak. I'm not going to sugar coat it just so you think I'm a nice fellow.

You can eat a fried dog turd if you want, I will tell you its not going to taste good, but if you eat it anyways my world will still go on with out a hitch. In a few weeks you can come back here and tell everyone I was right.

You won't though because rarely will anyone actually admit they was wrong over the internet. If you don't admit it then nobody will really know.

Enjoy your carrots.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I never said eating good quality food was a disorder or bad.

I was saying that just leaving it at that, and then turning around and becoming a consumer that pays 30-40% MORE for an apple than the other consumers, is a SCAM.

BOTH have pesticides on them. Both are from industrial farms that cut corners for profits.

I also wanted to point out the words "Healthy" and "Organic" are ambiguous and utterly vague. They can be twisted to mean ANYTHING by the corporations employing them on their product advertisements.

Example, I can say Oil is Healthy and not get in trouble. Why? Because I forgot to mention I was talking about your car. Get it?

This is how you escape liability, by using vague terms that can mean virtually anything.

People have been conditioned by the MSM to consider organic = better, but this is all BS to generate more funding.

It could even be GMO food for all we know, and they merely slapped a label on it saying it was Organic. It's cutting corners, and corporations do this type of stuff all the time to increase profits artificially.

All I am asking is for you to think twice about this. And really question what you think "Healthy" means.

That is why I said nothing is healthy. We are one day closer to death since you started this thread after all.

Also, something no one has even bothered asking the OP yet (that I noticed), is what type of job do you do?

If you work at some type of factory or around chemicals/radiation often, than this is the more likely source of your ill disposition.

You could have come into contact with toxic contaminants anywhere actually, and there is almost no telling what is causing it without running extensive tests on your biology with medical equipment.

So the food you eat may actually not be the real cause of this. It could be chemical exposure that occurred at some point (even possibly years ago).

When did you start feeling ill?

Also, if your new diet DOES improve your condition, do not automatically assume it was "healthy" food that did it. You have to investigate much deeper.

Maybe there is a particular chemical found within a particular food you will eat, that will counteract or abolish whatever toxic contaminants you are suffering from.

Hell it could even be simply the placebo effect. This "illness" may be simply all in your mind, and by eating this food and telling yourself "this will make me feel better", would only make you feel better by convincing yourself that you are indeed better.

It could be anything. Psychosomatic, poor food, chemical contamination from outside source, etc.

There are just so many variables here to contend with that attempting to figure this out will require not just this one experiment, but dozens of experiments in different situations in order to determine patterns and thus be able to underline more likely possibilities.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

I'm sorry, I think the misunderstanding is on my part, sort of.

I meant to quote this:

Yes you will spend more time going to the grocery store. With your new diet you will have to go to the store 2 or 3 times a week instead of twice a month.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join