It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Raw Food Experiment

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I'm tired of eating #.

In watching some documentaries and taking a look at my daily eating habits, I'm disgusted. My diet consists of Taco Bell, frozen pot stickers, ramen, cookies and Wendy's.

I've wanted to start eating healthy for a long time, but being a single guy with a 60 hour a week job plus other irons in the fire... It's far too difficult (if not impossible) to set aside time to cook myself healthy, balanced meals. I happened on the concept of a raw food diet and decided it was something I would actually have time to do.

So today I'm changing m,y ways. Starting today through Monday, August 16th I'll be on a raw food only diet. At the end of every day I'll do my best to post what I ate and how I'm feeling so far.

There is a detoxification stage with this kind of diet, so I expect to be feeling pretty crappy in a few days. Hopefully you guys can cheer me on :-)

I went down to Target today and bought one of those fancy juicers that dude withe the crazy eyebrows sells on TV. Then I made a trip to Harris Teeter and bought a whole load of fruits, veggies, some cold-smoked salmon and a few organic condiments. My goal is to have at least a diet of 75% raw foods, so I had room to buy some artisan bread.

Fired up the juicer when I got home and threw in a nectarine, a plum, a bunch of blueberries and a banana. Found out later you aren't supposed to juice a banana, but it worked anyways.

The resulting concoction was delicious. For some reason I was expecting the kind of juice you buy at the store, but this was far richer and was actually fun to drink. That's all I've had so far and I feel pretty good. Far better than if I had a gordita and some jellybeans.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
It is fantastic that you are changing your life style like this. But what does this have to do with any conspiracy.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I wish you all the luck in the world. I have been on this kind of diet before and you might get a tummy ache from time to time as your body will be in shock from lack of Wendy's, etc. Hang in there, its good for ya - glad the banana worked out in the drink.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Hi

I will be following your experience...

Very best

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Brentnauer

Whatever floats your boat.

Being single should actually make it easier to eat at home. You make a meal big enough for two and that gives you dinner for the next day. You really only be cooking 2-3 times during the week.

You will probably end up spending more time on this new diet then you would actually just cooking normal foods at home.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

Control the food, control the....

finish it off and your question is answered.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I'll be curious to see how this goes, and do I hope you will keep us posted.

Sometimes I make a decision about something new I want to start...then go buy all the little things I need to begin the new endeavor, then never start.

It has occurred to me I like the shopping more than starting a new endeavor.

You have already used the new juicer though, so I guess that counts.

If you abandon the idea, let us know the reasons, otherwise do keep us posted on how it's going.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

Yeah but this has nothing to do with food control its some guy on a diet.

and good luck to hiim

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Well I think you can expect to have more bowel movements and probably lose a good bit of weight.

I think you can actually overdo it on vitamin C if you aren't careful. I don't know how you can tell if you are getting too much. Also, a lot of fruits and veggies have Potassium and maybe you can get too much of that too. I think you can tell about that if your urine is cloudy.

There is supposed to be some kind of bread-like stuff you can make by making oatmeal and then putting it into a food dehydrator. I don't know how to make it, but I saw Andrew Zimmern eating some on the food network. Apparently it wasn't too bad, but that is coming from a guy who eats bugs for a living.

I am very interested in how this goes for you. I don't think I could go to a raw food diet myself.

It might be interesting you also report if you have more dreams, lucid dreams, or any strange feelings, as a raw food diet is said to be good for detoxing the body and releasing a lot of more energy. It cleans the pineal gland or other brain glands or something, so you might feel more spiritual or religious than usual. You might find yourself with new abilities or something. I guess you have to be open to that sort of thing happening and prepared for it.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Err. Raw food? As in uncooked? Aren't you worried about parasites? Those critters live on just about anything that is not COOKED! Cook the salmon for crying out loud! You never know!

Love fruits and vegetable. But be sure to wash away the dirt, grime and slimy stuff from leafy vegetables very well. Good luck with your health.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
When I read the title, I thought this thread was going to be about you hunting and eating raw animals to stay alive.
In a way, I'm kind of dissapointed.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Keep up the good work and stay disciplined!
Look forward to your replies on this subject!
If you need advises or constructive replys u2u me...

I do this since 2005 and i know the hardest is the first month...
But i also drink much herbal teas and fresh living water,tho not raw at all...
Also i think selfmade bread and sometimes making pizza is fine, too...
(Can´t live without pizza...)
Also eat much nuts! A lot of essential proteins and a nice snack!

If it helps look into my thread here...
It is about how your cells work and what they really need!
Tho... i´m not ill since few years!

Peace love and light,
let u guide by higher i

Jim

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I think you have been suckered into a "lifestyle" that is merely another CONSUMER at the store.

You think there is such a thing as "Healthy Food" but there is no such thing. There is almost no way to test your food to see what chemicals are in it. There is no way to know if your "health food" is contaminated.

Various organizations have tested health food products, and found just as much pesticides, chemical additives, diseases, contaminants etc, as any other food at the store.

People spend their whole lives trying to "eat healthy" only to DIE in the end! Many die from things like car accidents, but will you stop driving? Will you avoid roadways at all costs? Cars kill you know.

If you are not avoiding cars which can kill you instantly and rip your body to shreds in the most painful way possible, than why would you take smaller precautions for your safety like not allowing yourself to eat what you like anymore?

Try this. Forget all the BS they convinced you of about food. It's all lies mostly.

Just eat what you want. Live life. Savor every bite of the food you pick.

Also consider why we cook our meat. Raw meat especially is dangerous to consume without cooking it to kill the germs etc.

Back in caveman times, our appendix (in theory) was used to allow us to eat carrion (dead animal carcases) without cooking them. Many scientists think the appendix had something to do with killing the germs or cleaning the food in some similar method.

I am not saying "don't eat good food". No.

I am just saying stop following Fads. Stop copying other people based purely on consumer propaganda that is on TV all the time now. Just watch TV everything is all "health this" and "green that". It's just a catchy sales pitch that's all. And the word is ambiguous, it doesn't mean anything specific. "Healthy" can mean all sorts of things in differing degrees. That's why corporations plaster that word over everything "healthy".

Nothing is healthy. You are one less breath to your last. Every moment is one step closer to the end.

Even if you grow your veggies and fruits in you OWN back yard, they can easily become contaminated by unknown toxins. Runoff from a neighbor, wind blow over, it could come in the rain from a factory miles away, it could have been in the water you feed your plants. Anything.

I am just saying take things a little lighter hearted. Don't get all crazy and bend out of shape over this stuff.

BUT I DO AGREE 100% a Gordita and Jelly Beans is a horrible combo. I'll take the fruit blend any day over that junk.

Watch this report by John Stossel on this very subject.
This is actually one of the only real journalists in the MSM that's left. Stossel is almost always on the right side of issues especially liberty/government regulations/ etc. *I don't always agree with him but I agree more with him than any other journalist in the MSM*

Quote from a woman who suffered from Orthorexia for years.

"We don't get to pick how we die, we only get to pick how we live, and I wasn't living".

So eat whatever you want.

Enjoy life while it lasts.

I agree to lay off the jelly beans a bit though.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jessieg

I think you can actually overdo it on vitamin C if you aren't careful. I don't know how you can tell if you are getting too much. Also, a lot of fruits and veggies have Potassium and maybe you can get too much of that too.

Overdo with vit c? Do you believe in the codex alimentarius crap?
Vitamin c is essential for your tissue building! TBTP tell you not to take more than 33mg per day, but if you do a research on it you will see that most (not codex corrupted) food advisors will tell you, your body needs more than 3000mg per day to be full healthy!

And for the potassium read my thread about how cells produce energy!
Your Spiritual Revolution II: Basic knowlege I: Your Body

Don´t buy everything they want you to believe!

And for sure you will go through a detoxification! If you ate flesh i recommend to talk with an medical practitioner you trust in. When you suddenly stop it all the toxic waste albumins you collected all the years will be set free! If your lymph system doesn´t work as it supposed to do, as when you´re full healthy (and thats how it is with all the industrial food consuments!) you could die within the first two weeks!
Beware!

And for spiritual evolving... ah, you will see for yourself!

Peace love and light,
let u guide by higher i

Jim

[edit on 17-7-2010 by JimIrie]

[edit on 17-7-2010 by JimIrie]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
@kevinunknown

Whoops, I had a paragraph in there about the Food Inc documentary but I guess it didn't make it.

Basically, eating the way we do is the root cause of illness in our society. Obesity, cancer, heart problems, diabetes are caused by the garbage chemicals allowed in our food. I can write more about it if you like but I wanted to to make this an experiment thread where I can experience first hand what it's like NOT to have FDA approved toxic chemicals pumping through my body.
=============

@Mr. Tinkertrain

It USED to be easier, but I'm on call all the time where I work so I could be in the middle of cooking a nice meal and be pulled away for several hours.

Mass preparation so I could eat on something over the course of a few days is an option, but the idea of living off of four day old leftover casserole is less appealing to me than a quick trip to Wendy's. I suppose it comes down to really just wanting to make an actual, tangible change that will make me feel better.

I'll definitely have to make more trips to the store for fresh produce, but I only had to spend 40 dollars on what should last me a week... Versus my usual 160 dollars for a little over two weeks.
=============

@jessieg
I'm also curious about the dream thing. I have another thread on here where I talk about extremely frequent premonitory dreams. I'll definitely let you know if it changes.
=============

@pikypiky
The salmon is smoked and pre-packaged
Also, I wash my fruits and veggies all the time anyways.

=============
@hippomchippo

I can sit outside tonight and wait for the opossums and raccoons, but I don't think I'm agile enough.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I whole-heartedly agree with you on the fad diet thing. Quite a few people I know got suckered in to the Atkins diet, the Biggest Loser Diet, Jenny Craig, etc. They ended up spending more on the name-brand crap than they did on the food they normally ate.

I don't pretend to be special and say that there's no outside influence helping me make a decision, but I've been tired of eating garbage for a long time. I eat crap, feel crappy, then eat more crap because of it. People need to break out of cycles like that.

I watched the videos you posted and that's definitely not the direction I'm taking. There's a definite line between making healthier choices and being a complete whack-job who allows it to consume their life.

This experiment is more to jump-start me and get me going in the right direction. At the end of it I'll hopefully walk away with less cravings for garbage and some better eating habits.

JimIrie is right on with the spiritual evolution aspect. I just want to see what happens.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by Brentnauer]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Well some fast food doesn't seem to be that bad. I do like Subway sandwiches, and McDonalds has these new smoothies. Those probably have a lot of sugar, but supposedly are made out of strawberries and blueberries.

I've read some place that one of the most low calorie meals is a single baked potato from Wendy's (no topping) with a bowl of chili. You can put the chili on the potato or eat them seperately. It isn't a burger, but will fill you up. If you eat the potato skin you get some fiber and the chili has beans with fiber.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
You have chosen an interesting experiment.

While I try to eat many raw roods to benefit from the enzymes & bioavailable vitamins in them, I do not eat all raw food nor am I a vegetarian (although have cut way back on meat/dairy consumption).

Do not worry about the Vitamin C overload. It has been given intravenously up to 100,000mg without adverse reactions. When you get the Vitamin C to bowel tolerance, you will know. Your stomach will feel a little rumbly. When it does, back off by a few thousand milligrams.

I am a certified Nutritional Consultant (holistic), so if you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a U2U.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I don't post all that often, but when i do.. It's only because i feel i may have an insight that may contribute.

Embarking on this raw/spiritual journey can be overwhelming no doubt! My wife has bugged me for years to eat more like her.She eats about 90% raw, and ill tell you, when i met her i thought she was about 25...turns out she was 37 at that time ( and I was 23 ) !
The proof for me was in the pudding as they say.

I've slowly but consistantly moved towards a healthier lifestyle in general, and feeding your body the best possible fuel is all eating raw is. Now in saying this, I know how much conspiracy surounds the topic of what to eat. But if you do the real research (un biased) with an open heart and mind, the truth becomes evident to you, you can feel it happen.

P.S. the abc clips are as pure an example of propaganda as there is!!! Laughable when he says, "but we're living longer statistically than ever, and we should eat more meat as our wealth increases".

By the way its proven that when slaughtered the animal naturaly releases toxic "fear of death" chimicals into its blood stream. thats also why they have Halal or Kosher ways of killing animals if you will.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Brentnauer

I can’t believe some of the responses on this thread

The raw food diet, combined with good wholesome eating is the best thing for anyone wanting to loose weight, maintain a healthy weight level, or simply improve their overall health.

The idea of consuming enzymes from raw plant life, fruits and nuts is as old as civilisation. Even the Gerson Plan leans against the idea that natural raw enzymes can cure cancer.

It is rare to find cancer, arthritis, or other degenerative diseases in cultures considered "primitive" by Western civilization. Is it because of diet? The fact that degenerative diseases appear in these cultures only when modern packaged foods and additives are introduced would certainly support that idea. Max Gerson said "Stay close to nature and its eternal laws will protect you." He considered that degenerative diseases were brought on by toxic, degraded food, water and air.
Source

Good luck – Not only is the raw food diet healthy, it’s better tasting than any processed junk we can buy in the shops. Enjoy your experience as much as the new food you will be eating.

P.s. and yes, I have some personal experience with the raw food diet and it does work!

Regards.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join