It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The war in Irak from an historic Point of view

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
hi !!

someone sent me this article ...

I would love to hear your differents opinions about it ?

thank you if you've taken the time to read this post.

sincerely,
wilderness

THE CLASH OF CIVILIZATIONS AND THE GREAT CALIPHATE
by Larry Abraham,January 29, 2004

Watching and listening to the Democrat Party candidates is tantamount
to enduring the Chinese water torture. The blah, blah, blah goes on and
on and nothing of value comes out except the pain of listening to the
same nothingness over and over again. I won't take the time or space to
repeat what you have heard so many mind numbing times but what you have
not heard is crucial. President Bush and his administration spokesmen are
not telling the American people what they really need to know about this
"war." If they don't do that between now and November it may cost them
the election.

Link

MEMBERS: Do not simply post news articles in the forums without comment. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of current events, please post the first paragraph, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item.

[edit on 16-6-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I have been saying for ever that this is not just a war on terrorism but a war of religion and ideals as well. I don't see the muslim world controling 75% of earths soil though - but i do see them obtaining nukes and using them on the US. The question then becomes this: Will the US have the guts to nuke the middle east in retaliation?

Mutually assured destruction has prevented a nuclear war so far, but because there is no specific nation to target, it is harder to justify a nuclear response to a terrorist attack. I for one would like to see Bush get elected and come out with a MAD for terrorism - if they love their religion so much, let them know it will cease to exist if the US is attacked.

This would put EXTREME pressure on middle eastern countries to do everything in their power to prevent terrorists from attacking the US with nukes, because their country would be obliterated. It would also creat doubt in terrorists minds. Is taking out 1 or a few of the largest cities in the US worth the complete destruction of their people? Also, we would be fighting fire with fire - play nice, or you can't play at all....

new topics

join