It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan King's Tomb Discovered in Guatemala

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
www.sciencedaily.com...

A well-preserved tomb of an ancient Mayan king has been discovered in Guatemala by a team of archaeologists led by Brown University's Stephen Houston. The tomb is packed with carvings, ceramics, textiles, and the bones of six children, who may have been sacrificed at the time of the king's death.

This is really cool!

Theres not a whole lot of substance I can add to this, but the article is really interesting and you should check it out!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Schmidt1989

Very cool! I have found another photo here. Found a video with Stephan Houston and the work he does. Pretty neat stuff.

~Druidae

[edit on 17-7-2010 by Druidae]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Nice find. Although sometimes anthropologists tend to jump to conclusions on groupings of bones, or ever artifacts. I like to look at the findings for myself, not take someones biased perspective on why things were where.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I can't believe they finally found this ,this so interesting

it looks like they have all sorts of artifacts that they have no examples of in this state of preservation

I can't wait to see more

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
What an amazing find,always a thrill seeing treasures buried for so many years come to light,artifacts not touched for hundreds of years.
what a dream job that must be,doing your own research then going out in the field looking for treasures.
hopefully they'll find more.

new topics

top topics

join