It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*DID YOU KNOW?* Signals Edition

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Just some things to think about...Some of these are not mine, some are.

Did you know that the US Government now says it has the right to assassinate any American citizen they deem a “terrorist”?

Did you know that under US law only the President can define who a “terrorist” is?

Did you know that under US law the President’s defining of an American as a “terrorist” is not only secret but cannot be reviewed by any court?

Did you know that time travel to the future is real, and is proven each time an ISS occupant touches back down to Earth?

Did you know there is no such thing as Too Big To Fail?

Did you know that Norway’s Arctic Circle “Doomsday” Seed Vault has accelerated their activities over the past 3 months without giving any explanation as to why they’re doing that?

Did you know that since the Gulf of Mexico oil and methane gas leak our World has experienced its hottest temperatures in recorded history?

Did you know that despite our desire to discover other intelligent life in the universe, it is actually mathematically possible that Humans are the FIRST intelligent lifeforms in the universe? It's a small chance, but it is possible.

Did you know that the English language sounds like unintelligible "barking" to 75% of all people on this planet?

Did you know that NSA helped with Windows 7 development?

Did you know that the US system of government is not a Democracy?

Did you know that huge methane releases in our past, from the Gulf Of Mexico, have caused mass extinctions?

Did you know that I would love for you to add a few more of these (but keep it serious, please) ?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Did You Know....

Electricity was first discovered about 2,500 years ago. The Greek scientist Thales of Miletus (c. 620 BCE – c. 546 BC) noticed that a piece of amber (the hard fossilized sap from trees) attracted straw or feathers when he rubbed it with a cloth. The word “electricity” comes from the Greek word for amber – “elektron”.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by baddmove]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Where did you get your source from? This is really interesting.
Second line.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Some of these are not mine, some are.

Some I've seen on other sites, some I have been thinking about, and some I have authored threads about.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
hehe..I like this thread Signals..

Did You Know......

John F Kennedy made love in a closet while telling his mistress about another president who did the same. That President being Warren G. Harding, whose hysterical wife was attacking the secret service agent outside the White House office at the time. Franklin D. Roosevelt had an affair with the first lady’s personal secretary. Lyndon B. Johnson made love to a secretary on the oval office desk. Bill Clinton’s contribution – with ardent assistance by Monica Lewinsky – is well publicized but taking the cake is John F Kennedy, who is said to have smoked marijuana with a nude playgirl while he joked about being too wasted to “push the button” in case of nuclear attack.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I'll vouch for the OPs list I have seen these points on various places
caveat read wording carefully

Did you know according to harvard and MIT scientists who studied DNA instead of bones that man may have interbred with chimps and the offspring where viable?

( Chimp say "that explains the whole mess we are in very well)

edit to add:
ooops here is the missing link:
www.boston.com...

[edit on 17-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Did you know that since the Gulf of Mexico oil and methane gas leak our World has experienced its hottest temperatures in recorded history?

contra: every medium vulcanic erruption has a bigger influence on earth climate than the gulf oil spill.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

I thought Tomas the tank engine discovered it sir?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Did you know 99 percent of people today are all under incomprehensible belief systems?

Such as:

God created all.
Nothing created all.
Monetary systems are the only way
Authority exists
The belief reality works the way they were told.
The belief individuality dose not exist, or the belief it dose

All in all, we believe. And believing is where the problem starts.

"Tree of knowledge" you could call it.

Did you know people can be so biased, to actually believe they are right on any given topic?

Did you know most people believe they are right, and if everyone had the same perspective, the world would be fine?

Did you know people can drive themselves to such a state of insanity, that they start to categorize people that don't show the same mental illness, and then call others mentally ill just because they don't think the same?

last but not least,

Did you know its impossible to be sure of anything? Don't trick yourself.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Sorry to disappoint you but i knew all of that, I also knew that allot of it are urban myths. For example the definition of terrorism under American law is made public. I think the “dooms day vault” is not evidence of any conspiracy. The NSA have been in windows for a few years, but do you have a source that says they had direct involvement in the programming of windows 7, do you have any sources for that matter.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
According to Dave Chappelle, some people think cucumbers taste
better pickled.
I think so too.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
Sorry to disappoint you but i knew all of that, I also knew that allot of it are urban myths. For example the definition of terrorism under American law is made public. I think the “dooms day vault” is not evidence of any conspiracy. The NSA have been in windows for a few years, but do you have a source that says they had direct involvement in the programming of windows 7, do you have any sources for that matter.

The National Security Agency (NSA) worked with Microsoft on the development of Windows 7, an agency official acknowledged yesterday during testimony before Congress. “Working in partnership with Microsoft and elements of the Department of Defense, NSA leveraged our unique expertise and operational knowledge of system threats and vulnerabilities to enhance Microsoft’s operating system security guide without constraining the user to perform their everyday tasks, whether those tasks are being performed in the public or private sector,” Richard Schaeffer, the NSA’s information assurance director, told the Senate’s Subcommittee on Terrorism and Homeland Security yesterday as part of a prepare

publicintelligence.net...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Would you care to add any?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
Did you know people can drive themselves to such a state of insanity, that they start to categorize people that don't show the same mental illness, and then call others mentally ill just because they don't think the same?

This could be my signature.

Are you following me?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Signals,
some magical hand from a chat room pointed it's finger in this direction, thought i would come in and see what is going on...

Originally posted by Signals
Just some things to think about...Some of these are not mine, some are.

Did you know that the US Government now says it has the right to assassinate any American citizen they deem a “terrorist”?

who terrorizes and scares others? hope they aren't all on the list.

Did you know that under US law only the President can define who a “terrorist” is?

Did you know that under US law the President’s defining of an American as a “terrorist” is not only secret but cannot be reviewed by any court?

why shouldn't the president have the same rights as every citizen? citizens reserve the right to define in their minds who a "terrorist" might be, but they are not mandatorily required by law to disclose who they consider a terrorist to any court of law.

Did you know that time travel to the future is real, and is proven each time an ISS occupant touches back down to Earth?

morgan freeman said on the wormhole show "we are attempting to send messages into the past, which roughly translates into: "we are attempting to listen to signals from the future".

Did you know there is no such thing as Too Big To Fail?

ATS LIVE is too big to fail, as is ATS, i think....

come to think about it .... ATS live radio is broadcasting a new show tonight, aren't they??? (link in my signature under "Listen to this ATS LIVE")

hint hint...

Did you know that Norway’s Arctic Circle “Doomsday” Seed Vault has accelerated their activities over the past 3 months without giving any explanation as to why they’re doing that?

where are they going and what is it they think they know?

effect verses cause or cause verses effect. hu. or just coincidence?

Did you know that despite our desire to discover other intelligent life in the universe, it is actually mathematically possible that Humans are the FIRST intelligent lifeforms in the universe? It's a small chance, but it is possible.

interesting hypothosis. but earth is only 1/9000 the age of the universe according to those who gauge and measure time according to the vast scope of their sensory perceptions.

Did you know that the English language sounds like unintelligible "barking" to 75% of all people on this planet?

bark bark.

bark bark.

Did you know that NSA helped with Windows 7 development?

i did not know this, but i have had my suspicisions concerning technological advances and the "corporations" that recieve multi-billion dollar contracts concerning "information technologies", "psy-ops", and the (google) "The WorldWide IT".

Did you know that the US system of government is not a Democracy?

only according to the majority of people, and who is listening to them?

Did you know that huge methane releases in our past, from the Gulf Of Mexico, have caused mass extinctions?

great news, thanks.

Did you know that I would love for you to add a few more of these (but keep it serious, please) ?

these would be some interesting topics for ATS LIVE to dissect and digest.

nice thread, F&S,
et

[edit on 17-7-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

I don't understand any of those responses but I do appreciate the effort

Slowly but surely you are working your way off of my sub-foe list.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

woo hoo. i'm only on signals sub-foe list. ya!

thanks.

still like some of the thoughts in your thread, sorry my thoughts may seem a little vague, but those are some of the first things that popped into my head.

thanks,
et

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
But they told me windows 7 was my idea.

Could you post your sources please.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleObserver

Most are missing the most important one,

Did you know that I would love for you to add a few more of these?

Which ones need a source?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Post more, I like these random facts.

I heard about this one, I just want a source to go off of for research.

And this one,

Is this due to watches and clocks speeding up in a micro gravity environment?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleObserver

The observation of time is a fraction faster for anyone in orbit. Or anyone travelling fast enough...The longer the time spent zooming around Earth, the more the discrepancy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join