It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria massacres Kurds aided by Turkey's Israel-made drones

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG
problay a stupid question but why do alota Muslim nations seem to dislike the Kurd's what did they do either recently or in the past to make that part of the world hate them so much?

I don’t know really, but I was in Syria for a long time on business and the Arabs would refer to them as Muslim dogs.

Even the owner of the hotel I was staying in would refer to his Kurdish employees as dogs or some other insult.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr.Jcury

Originally posted by KilrathiLG
problay a stupid question but why do alota Muslim nations seem to dislike the Kurd's what did they do either recently or in the past to make that part of the world hate them so much?

I don’t know really, but I was in Syria for a long time on business and the Arabs would refer to them as Muslim dogs.

Even the owner of the hotel I was staying in would refer to his Kurdish employees as dogs or some other insult.

These people that refer to Kurds this way are insane. Their heads don´t check out. Simple as that. Jealousy runs in their veins, yet most of them won´t even be able to tell you what it is about the Kurdish that makes them angry or jealous.

reply to post by Mr.Jcury

Originally posted by KilrathiLG problay a stupid question but why do alota Muslim nations seem to dislike the Kurd's what did they do either recently or in the past to make that part of the world hate them so much?

It's in the history. Even though the Kurdish got overrun by the Muslim Arabs, the Kurds managed to hold on to their identity. An example; A sufi prince said the following about the Qu'ran: "We have sucked out the marrow (of the Qu'ran) and thrown the bones aside". This was said in the 13th century. The Muslim invasion happened in the 7th century, to give you an idea on how long the Kurds have maintained an individual way of thinking. A progressive way of thinking mind you.

You will find Kurdish women are not forced to wear hijab(hair/face concealing cloth), you will find there is a great deal of equality between kurdish men and women...one can look at the parties where men and women sing and dance together, which was unheard of for Muslims, even so many years ago. You will find the Sufi to have a greater understanding of Islam compared to the Arab. The Kurds are more or less the most direct descendants of Aryans around on Earth these days, as to give an idea on how far back the roots go.

Most of the Arabs are raised to hate Kurds. Same with the Turks. The new generations probably don't know squat about history, so they hate just because they were raised to hate.

Most great Muslims in history were Kurdish muslims, so it must really burn these hypocrite bastards to not be able to go around it.

Furthermore I don't find it weird that the Israelis are supporting the PKK, after all, when you look into history these two groups of people (jews and kurds) have been hunted by many civilizations with attempts to exterminate the people.

The political game that comes with this support is messed up, for yet again the people are the ones suffering.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Turkey "did lost" many soldiers after the flotilla raid? Umm please elaborate on that.

Originally posted by Ben81

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by Ben81

So you believe there is a military operation against the Kurdish people?

Do you even know what the above statement means, and what it could mean, what it might mean?

It is obvious propaganda, but if you want to discuss history, and what has happened to them, make a new thread and post all the atrocities.

Wikipedia has a whole damn section on it.

wouldnt be surprise ... turkey did lost many soldiers after the flotilla raid
its like the attack from the PKK as increased since the raid .. to punish Ankara or to make it look bad if they launch an attack revenge on the PKK bases in Irak ... like this one
might be true or just other israelis lies ..

i know this is Israelis propaganda... "DEBKA NEWS"
but i wanted to debate the subjet if this was for real

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
obviously not as worthy as gaza dwellers

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

dont you even read internationnal news from both side
if not you will miss important issue that can get things more ugly
that was reported almost after the raid Israel did on the Mamvi turkish boat....(9 turks killed..including one 19yrs turkish american boy who was shoot 4 times in the head at close range)

soon after comes this...

Fighters from the Kurdish Worker’s Party (PKK) on Saturday attacked a Turkish military outpost near the border with Iraq, killing nine soldiers. The Turkish military responded with helicopter fire, reportedly killing 12 fighters. Two more soldiers were killed Saturday in a mine blast that Turkey blamed on the PKK, and a PKK attack on a military outpost in Elazig Sunday killed one soldier, reports Bloomberg.

link to the story

(Turkey intelligence have suspected that Israel have give the greenlight for this PKK attack on the turkish soldiers outpost)

and after that some bombs exploded inside turkey
turkey was pushed to take actions ... or the government of ankara... will have political problems with its people if they dont react to the killing

its the same thing in USA...if american interrest or people are hurt/killed
especially soldiers .... dont you think Obama and other Generals would want to find and kill the responsible group ??
it will make the government looks weak to the world if they dont... all the intelligence agent will go finds who was responsible and then destroy them with the army help... to show exemple.. that this is what will happen if anybody try that on us

i dont accept the killing of the soldiers or the aftermath revenge killing
but with politics....and elections ... thats make enable any killing

[edit on 7/18/2010 by Ben81]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by Ben81

Question:

Do you believe everything the snipped news source you posted?

DEBKA?

War against Kurdish People?

I'm not saying the Debka report is 100% accurate or true, we all know their dubious credibility.
But it is a fact that Turkey, Iran, Syria and Iraq when Saddam was in charge, all cracked down on the Kurds. Especially civilians. And it's also a fact that Turkey co-operates with it's neighbours in co-ordinated attacks against the Kurds. In recent years they've co-operated with Iran in attacking northern Iraq. They used to co-operate with Saddam as well.

In Turkey alone, over 4,000 villages were wiped out decades ago.

Turkey & Syria have become closer militarily and politically lately.
Turkey may or may not have assisted in these attacks against the Kurds, and Syria may or may not have attacked the Kurds....BUT....what this article is, is Israel & the Jewish lobby turning on Turkey.
It's propaganda against Turkey, be it true or false it doesn't matter, because what they are doing is using Turkey's past & current actions/crimes against humanity, to paint a negative image of Turkey. An image and view of the country that should have been held by many long ago but wasn't because it wasn't politically convenient for the West. Who knows how many lives could have been saved.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by BLV12

But the source says, they are attacking Kurdish people, an attack on Kurdish people.

The source, and you have to prove that this operation is directed at Kurdish people, otherwise it is false propaganda.

There is a huge difference between true propaganda, and false propaganda.

Make a thread about these atrocities, or war crimes, or crime against humanity then I will come and post on it.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Read my post again.
I clearly state it's propaganda, whether the information is true or not, is irrelevant to the argument.

Do I really have to repeat my self?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Yes, for thousands of years Turkey, Iran, Iraq, Syra, and every middle eastern country in existence has committed genocide on countless innocent Kurds. We should make a super country for Kurds and Kurdistan should be the voice for many Iraqis, Iranians, Syrians, Turks, etc.

Let's just dive deeper into a corrupt war. You are a great manipulator, especially on a site like this one, turning gullable people --prefebly Americans-- to follow the ideals of the elites and their hidden agenda.

I'm sure there's many of you and that you'll try to prove me wrong and force your lies on me, making everyone believe them just because you can take a few points in history and turn it.

In the end, everyone except the Kurds suffer in the middle east. How complicated it is. Please, don't fuel yourself in anger because of what I'm saying, who ever told you that Kurds have only faced genocide is manipulating you.

In Turkey, Kurds and Turks marry eachother and love eachother. However, because of a secret agenda, that's all going to change. You don't have to try to convince me that Kurds and Turks hate eachother, I know my history and surprise my closest family friends are Kurds and Turks and they know what's going on and it's a shame that people like you try to use your clever words to engage in war.

War is not the answer.

[Edit: to add the following]

Many Turks in Turkey don't like their prime minister. He wants everyone to go back to the old government bearing Islamic roots. Turkey is tryng to protect its borders from illegals and terrorists that want to blow themselves up. In the US, it shows they're trying to kill innocent Kurds. I've travelled to England and Germany and even Turkey, to stay with my family friends.

I know there's a BIG difference between American news and news everywhere else.

America is, unfortunately, blindfolded.

[edit on 7/21/10 by ohsnaptruth]

[edit a second time to fix spelling errors.]

[edit on 7/21/10 by ohsnaptruth]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Turkey, trying to protect it's border from illegal immigrants?

Thats interesting, considering many in the military establishment in Turkey as well as political, work hand in hand and have a heavy involvement in the people smuggling rings operating in Turkey which export illegal immigrants to Europe.

It's actually a well known and proven fact. Deny it, hell, go pretend to ask your closest Turkish friends for all I care.

But I can provide many more facts which prove Turkey is heading in the opposite direction to the west, to an Islamic state.

It doesn't matter now who wins the next Turkish election, because the damage is done and it's irreversible.
Israel, and the West will never trust Turkey again.
It's only a matter of time before this becomes the official status quo in American foreign policy.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I came in here thinking...we're going to need pictures and maps for this one. Let's just hope a scenario like this doesn't happen...

USA --> Israel --> Turkey --> Iran/Syria --> USA

I think this is what Turkey was very worried about, isn't it?

reply to post by twitchy

Yep. Water, oil, and natural gas to India and China. It's always been about the $$$ and control over the pipelines and other chokepoints, hasn't it. It's why the U.S. is in Iraq and Afghanistan, it's why Russia was in Afghanistan and still watches with great interest today, waiting to pounce should the U.S. fail. It's why China and India are so concerned and exerting pressure to keep the chokepoints open. To gain and maintain total control, Syria and Iran and a few baby-stans must fall. Then Pakistan's going to be a real problem.

[edit on 7/22/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

At last a human who stands for other humans...
The world ignores the slaughter of The Kurds because they are not interested. Where are all of those people who are screaming about Gaza while Kurds are being wiped out.

The world is silent because they are hypocrites and evil beyond words.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

You compare the Kurds to the Palestinians......
How can you do that, considering the Muslim world stands for Palestinians and murders the Kurds.

How do you personally feel about the slaughter of the Kurds.......

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I remember reading of how in the 1990's, when the no-fly zone over Northern Iraq was enforced to apparently protect the Kurds from Saddam's Air Force, the USAF and RAF would be called away from their patrols so that the Turkish air force could bomb the Kurds instead.

At the same time Saddam was oppressing the Kurds and the world said how it would not let that happen, the Turks were doing the same.

Of course, the Turks did not use chemical weapons on the Kurds, but their measures were still ferocious.

My point? The double-standards of the West in regards to the Kurds. Which makes you wonder whether the Kurds really mattered to the West after all, but the oil underneath their feet.

Reports that regional powers like Syria and Turkey and Iran are collaborating to take on the Kurds does not surprise.

Firstly, the PKK and it's affiliate groups are seen by all of those nations as a terrorist organisation that seeks Kurdish independence, so that fact naturally leads to the next, that we should not be surprised that those nations should collaborate to crush the PKK and affiliate groups.

What spurs them to finally crush the Kurdish militants are the reports the Kurdish militants are backed by Israel.

It's all too ironic then, that Turkey, if true according to the OP's link, are using Israeli drones to aid Syria. It's possible a point is being made there, to the Kurdish militants and further afield.

This together with the fact the Kurds have oil under their feet means Syria, Turkey and Iran are extremely concerned of a Kurdish attempt for a declaration of independence being supported by the West in return for oil contracts in a new Kurdistan state, which would take with it parts of Syria, Turkey, Iran and indeed Iraq.

In essence, it would be a slicing up of the Middle East not seen since the end of WW1 and the creation of Iraq and other countries.

Unfortunatly, the Kurds are being made the sacrificial lamb by the West for the oil under their feet.

The Kurdish seeking independence are too blind to their cause and Western promises to really see the doom that potentially awaits.

Do not be surprised if one of these days in the years to come we hear how Syria/Iran/Turkey are commiting a slaughter of the Kurds and how the West must intervene for humanitarian reasons.

Before you know it, an attempt at an independent Kurdistan will be made via intervention, and if all goes well, the oil contracts will be handed out.

It matters little to those with much to gain, how many Kurds and indeed Turks, Syrians, Iranians and who knows what other nationalities are killed and maimed to achieve this.

The Great Game matters little for the blood paid for the material gains and riches of the world.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by Regensturm]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
^Indeed.

The truth is the Kurds were promised a country back then too. They got shafted though.

The Kurds want their own country these days, because they are being oppressed in all those countries mentioned, well now with the exception of Iraq were they basically rule them selves up in the north.

I don't know about Syria or Iran, but in Turkey the Kurdish population is booming, estimates put it at between 15 and 25% of the total population. I think there's in total in the region, about 25-30 million Kurds.

One thing is for sure, there wont be another mass genocide which sees another group nearly exterminated by the Turks. There's just too many Kurds.
The Kurds will eventually get their own country. It's just a matter of when not if.
Especially now that Turkey has pissed of Israel and alienated the Jewish Lobby in Washington.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
The Kurds have to be careful, quite easily, they could find themselves with a four nation army breathing down their neck if they don't play things right, which could suit a case by Western powers for foreign intervention in return for oil contracts but a slaughter of Kurds to trigger this.

Kurdistan becomes a state used to antagonise Iran and Syria, and Turkey if need be.

Under a protectorate status, protected, like Kosovo.

That depends on whether Iran, Iraq Syria and Turkey can stop a state being formed or being stable.

The Western powers would probably prefer things to be taken slowly, so that a Kurdistan, autonomous or independent, is formed without too much fuss.

First Kurdish Iraq, then perhaps Turkey, Syria and Iran over the years, if not decades, depending on the quickness of the desire for oil.

At the least, the Kurds want autonomy, at the most, full-blown independence.

Which suits the western powers fine.

Turkey, Syria, Iran and to a certain extent Iraq are the countries who see their sovereign integrity threatened and stand in the way of Kurd and Western ambitions.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by Regensturm]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jean59
reply to post by Ben81

You compare the Kurds to the Palestinians......
How can you do that, considering the Muslim world stands for Palestinians and murders the Kurds.

How do you personally feel about the slaughter of the Kurds.......

i feel the same way when somebody kill someone
the kurds are only a puppet milice army to wage a proxy war against Turkey
but palestinians are suffering way much more than the kurds

again ... who is the problem in the ME .. ?
Israel Regime ... and by a long shot

no wonder that now the lebanese president is asking directly Iran to supply his army with Iranian military assets

Beirut wants Iran to equip Lebanon Army

now everyone will be well armed and 100% ready for a fight
the people dont want any fight
its always the heads of a particular regime that need those fight
to make money and expend their territories

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join