It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria massacres Kurds aided by Turkey's Israel-made drones

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Syria massacres Kurds aided by Turkey's Israel-made drones

Hundreds of Kurds are reported dead.
The Syrian campaign is backed by Heron (Eitan) spy drones Israel sold Turkey, made accessible on the personal say-so of Prime Minister Tayyip Recep Erdogan.
Regarding the crackdown on the Kurds, our military sources report that three large-scale Syrian military operations against the Kurdish people are in progress under the guidance of Turkish generals based at Syrian staff headquarters in Damascus
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.debka.com

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
War from everyside will always make innocent victims
many innocent victims are reported to have been killed
why can any country leaders these days... just talk to make peace and not go wage a war on somebody .....

many rumors are... that the PKK fighters are allied with Washington and Israel
(right after the flotilla raid the PKK attacked turkey killing 10 guard) it was mentionned that Israel gave the greenlight for that...)

... is this the spark Washington and Israel are waiting for ?

"The accessibility to Damascus of the unmanned aerial vehicles is in direct breach of the Israel-Turkish sales contracts"

Story sourced from debka i know
.. not reliable all the time
but this news seems credible
other sites took the story but not on ATS
this need to be discussed

for one thing .. thats why the Syrian army were massing near the border ... for this massive assault with Turkey on the PKK
+200 dead
+400 captured

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7/17/2010 by Ben81]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
about the drones .. i wanted to add this
this is how i see things ...

USA is the most advanced country in the world for military equipment
it have already sold many gadjet to countries in the ME and Europe

so they have sold the blueprint with 2 or 3 already builded drones to Israel
i dont think in 60 years of existence Israel can come up with this kind of technology .. so USA must have helped them so they can build them

USA --> Israel --> Turkey --> Iran
im sure Turkey will attempt to sale the technology to other countries

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Question:

Do you believe everything the snipped news source you posted?

DEBKA?

War against Kurdish People?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I don't know about the Credibility of the news source in question. But as members of ATS, it is our duty to provide the evidence of rebuttal than just say or propose a news source is false.

Like many other members who chose to attack the source when they themselves can not find the information to rebut what has been posted. I am not singling you out at, I have been guilty of such myself.

As per information in the OP, I have no evidence of refute and I take it the news source is trying to shine a light on a civil unrest that has been going on for ever just like the Gaza conflict.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
problay a stupid question but why do alota Muslim nations seem to dislike the Kurd's what did they do either recently or in the past to make that part of the world hate them so much?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

if i didnt beleive it ... i wouldnt post it
this story was put in many other site .. for one thing
second).. with all what happened recently between the PKK and Turkey
and Israel didnt say sorry to Turkey for the 9 turks killed but instead
told the PKK to unleashed more attacks against turkey
third) news that Syria is amassing a massive army on the borders
and fourth) the new defense deal signed 9 months ago between Turkey and Syria

i can see many things and reasons pointing to that assault
i know debka have been almost banned by the ATS members lol
but i beleive some story from there may hide some true things
isnt supose to be a Mossad sourced site ?
im sure they know more than the usa media about whats going on there
this site is abviously Pro-Israel Pro Zionism

many time in the past Turkey assaulted PKK base in northern Irak
because a terrorist attacked and killed some turkish peoples

why can this be true ?
take it.. like i take it
by skepticism and open minded
we can just talk about it .. we cant do nothing more sadly
many consequences from both side will happen because of this... if its true ...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Turkey is the enemy. Just like Iraq after America gave them weapons and before America took it over (because it became "corrupt") and made it Kurdistan. Just like what they're doing to Turkey.

Now why would they make a country full of Iraqis into a country named specifically for Kurds?

There's more to the problem then what the news wants us to know.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
USA is the most advanced country in the world for military equipment

Well that isn't entirely true, is it? The US is a leader in some technology area's and not in others, much like other countries have their specialities.

Alot of the much vaunted kit the US has is made up, at least in part, by foreign designed components, so lets not place them up on some pedastal and make out like everyone else is using hand-me-downs.

so they have sold the blueprint with 2 or 3 already builded drones to Israel
i dont think in 60 years of existence Israel can come up with this kind of technology .. so USA must have helped them so they can build them

Israel is actually regarded as just as advanced in drone production as anyone and the US is not the only country in the world to pursue this tech. For one, it allows smaller nations to project airpower much cheaper than using manned aircraft, so many countries round the world are independantly and jointly working on drone projects. Just because Israel is only 60 years old it doesn't follow they cannot be advanced.

Having said that, Israel has a track record for given some dubious countries access to it's tech which has, at least in part, come from the US.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The Kurds have been murdered, oppressed, and displaced by governments all over the region. They are a people without a nation, and are spread out across several nations.

Call the source into question all you want, but it is obvious that things like this happen regularly to the Kurds. Research their history.

There is nothing surprising about this.

I have always personally liked the idea of giving them their own sovereign nation. "Kurdistan".

Like for example take part of north Iraq or East Turkey , Iran or Syria, or all of them preferably. Those nations deserve to lose that land to the Kurds anyways, considering the fact they have been oppressing, murdering, and displacing them for who knows how long...

The fact that things like this still keep happening today in 2010, prove that there is a world full of selfish jerks out there...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Israel, because of USA is now the most advanced country in the ME
i think the US give Israel 10 billions each year ...
Africa almost made a nukes deal with Israel not to long ago ...
and Goergia near Russia have many Israelis and USA hi-tech weapons...

the drones are SCARY
they do not fear death ...
many warheads can be loaded into one unmanned airdrone
its like playing Battlefield or COD .. you fly your planes and go launch bombs on the enemy
the drones are prelude to a bigger & widder war
its now the front line to many battle

watch the movie Eagleyes with Shia Leboeuf
Drones are worst than a walking terminator ...
hope skynet will not hack them

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Indeed they do, but they also get aid in the form of money and equipment from other nations too, such as Germany. They get free submarines from the Germans!

South Africa is the country your thinking of. Africa is an entire continent. They and Israel were working on a bomb project in the 70's and the Israeli's got their nuclear tech of the UK and France, not the USA.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Exactly, The Islamic world turns a blind a eye to the Plea of the Kurds and so does the majority of the world.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG
problay a stupid question but why do alota Muslim nations seem to dislike the Kurd's what did they do either recently or in the past to make that part of the world hate them so much?

Turkey once ruled the ME only 90 years ago. Then it lost all its empire, but if the folk at the drawing up the new borders had done their job properly Turkey would have lost another third of its current territory and an independent Kurdish nation would have emerged like all the national states in Eastern Europe from the disintegrated empires there.

The Kurds may well be the ten lost tribes of Israel. Time may come when they go independent and then we may find out that all the Kurds join together and make a big state in the ME. Israel would probably like this, a break in the pan Arab alliance.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
The Kurds have been murdered, oppressed, and displaced by governments all over the region

like the palestinians peoples because of the occupation
like the irakis peoples because of the occupation

many are oppressed today
many injustice is taking place worldwide
with the drones now its a BIG JOKE
im sure some fat guy is piloting those drones all the time
the army of the future will be all fatso
in front of their computer piloting army killing machines
it will be a game... no remorse at all..not afraid of dying.... destroy the ennemy even if there is civilians casualties

construction of drones have been multiplied today
billions are invested in upgrades so they can do more massacres
Drones of tomorrow will fly very high.... powered with solar energy
they will be able to remain in the sky 24/7
"By 2011, the Air Force will be flying as many as 50 drones, or combat air patrols in the war zones, and by 2013 that number will jump to 65, say Air Force officials. Currently there are 40."
many more drone comings
abovetopsecret

did anyone heard the Obama joke ?
“Jonas Brothers are here, they’re out there somewhere,” President Obama quipped as he looked out at the packed room. Then he furrowed his brow, pretending to send a stern message to the pop band. “Sasha and Malia are huge fans, but boys, don’t get any ideas. Two words for you: predator drones. You’ll never see it coming.”
Obama drones joke
abovetopsecret

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Indeed they do, but they also get aid in the form of money and equipment from other nations too, such as Germany. They get free submarines from the Germans!

South Africa is the country your thinking of. Africa is an entire continent. They and Israel were working on a bomb project in the 70's and the Israeli's got their nuclear tech of the UK and France, not the USA.

yes you are right in both ... thanks for adding the details

but usa IS the biggest military supplier to Israel
i was highlighting more on that and that indeed they wanted to close deals in the past by selling WMD to others ...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

the drones are SCARY
they do not fear death ...
many warheads can be loaded into one unmanned airdrone
its like playing Battlefield or COD .. you fly your planes and go launch bombs on the enemy
the drones are prelude to a bigger & widder war
its now the front line to many battle

Drones,as we now call them(although soon they will be far more intelligent than any drone in nature)are the future of air warfare.

Check out the latest Brit "drone" done on a relative shoe string budget.

Taranis:

en.wikipedia.org...

Capable of seeking out its own targets,without human input no less...
Has its own AI.

"Not our fault" say the military/politicians when anything goes wrong.

Just an unfortunate computer glitch they say...

Who would have thought it?
The times of sci fi movies are now upon us it seems.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Good thing they still require fuel and haven't been implemented with solar panels or self sustaining energy source. Now if the energy issues are solved, then we are in some deep doo doo.

Start stocking up on portable EMP's.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Now that Isreal has joystick guns in Gaza, the South Koreans have killer robots on the border, the Brits have Robot planes....
It's all well and good when it is Muslims and Kurds and "them others"
getting freedom and democracy rained down on them at weddings and schools...

What do patriots anywhere including the US have?
POP GUNS.

By the time the PEEPS figure out what century they are actually in it will be much to late.
As they did under Stalin when they sent the familly of executed political dissidents the bill for the executing bullets...guess who's tax dollars paid for their own demise by ROBOT death..
Coming to a theater of war near you...
paid for in advance ..BTW not after the fact as they used to do...that speaks volumns.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by Danbones]

[edit on 17-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

those can carry nukes ...
piloted by a AI

your reply = i automatically clicked on this movie youtube

in conclusion the AI can be better one day... in term of moral judgment than anyone piloting it

lets hope they get all drones equiped with AI

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join