It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US 'Imperial Presidency' — Ignoring the People? (Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
What struck me about this analysis was its lack of political partisanship. It ties together a lot of seemingly disparate strings and presents a very bleak picture of the current state of affairs:

So what do you make of the analysis? Is it overstated? Is the US really being run on an entirely corporate agenda that at best pays lip-service to the wishes of the people, and maybe even rides rough-shod over them?

And if so, would the proposed responses (non-partisan voting by issue, etc.) actually make a real difference?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

Here's the change I'm hoping for. I'd like them to freeze the constitution after the second ammendment. That way, people who don't pay taxes, work or own anything, couldn't vote themselves everyone elses bank accounts. You see, that would prevent us from having to suffer through one term of a presidency by a guy who is a Kenyan-born marxist and who's only qualification for the job is being able to read a teleprompter.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by astrogolf

I thought the Constitution was inviable anyway? Surely if it could be legally proven that any given law violated the Constitution that law would immediately be invalidated.

And if it could be proven in court that a President had, in fact, been born abroad, his/her presidency would likewise be invalidated.

Believe me I've read enough to know where you're coming from. But ask yourself: how can it be that you find yourself speaking as if the Constitution doesn't exist? Is not the very fact so many are speaking this way a de facto admission of defeat — nay, a coup?

Yet is it not all in the mind? The Constitution is still there, and the Presidents still swear to uphold it.

Your move...

new topics

join