It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Claims Cancer Cured By Prayer

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidMirage

Now this, is what should be done. Also all glory for the healing should be given to God, not the person.

Very good story. Prayer works, but it takes faith, without faith it is just useless words.

Raist

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Does faith healing only work for Cristian gods or can I pray to Hindu gods? Or Greek gods?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by john_bmth

That depends on your view of things.

Originally posted by Raist
reply to post by Nutter

On that same token there was a case when a man was casting out demon, the disciples came to Jesus explaining there was a man doing so only not in His name. Jesus basically told them to leave the man be, because at least he demons were being cast out. We are also told that not all who call Lord, Lord will be saved. So where does that lead my belief? In the end everything will work out the way it is supposed to, sadly though many will be confused and follow the wrong path.

Raist

I personally am biased toward the Christian side of things. But as I mention above God will work things out his own way in the end.

Raist

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

That depends on your view of things.

I'm not following. So by "that depends on your view of things" are you suggesting that your belief will manifest itself as healing regardless of whether or not there is a true God, i.e. the power of placebo? Or can you pray to any God and it will filter down to some default God? I mean, if you believe in the christian monodeity then surely it's not a case of "your view on things" because anything else is the worship of false idols? So assuming this actually *is* a miracle, which God do I need to pray to (if any)?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
While I think its great this woman was cured, I believe her message or experience can do more harm to others than good. Religion is despicable in all forms and a crutch for the stupid and weak minded. However it is a necessity to subdue the common populace. I, like many here, just watched a family member wither away to nothing from cancer. No amount of prayer is going to help. Simply put there is no god because no being in any form you want it to be presented as, would make so many innocent people suffer.

brill

[edit on 17-7-2010 by brill]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
my fiances aunt tried prayer after cemo was working so she decided to just pray and she died 3 weeks later in a pool of her own fluids so while im glad this lady dosent have cancer anymore dont just rely on prayers to solve all your problems or you might just end up in a body bag or jail if you dont get your kids treated

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Nutter

My opinion is praying TO a priest as the article says is wrong. That fact that no one is giving glory to God over this matter is enough to tell me to shy away from this sort of thing.

Factual errors in the article aside, do you believe that more than one person praying for you is beneficial? If you were to get cancer, would you pray on your own, or would you ask your church, family, friends, etc, to pray for you as well?

Assuming that the answer to that is "yes", the Catholic practice of intercessory prayer is pretty much the same thing. You are asking someone, who is dead, to pray on your behalf, just as you would ask your Mom or pastor or someone who is alive. You aren't worshipping St. Jerome (for example,) you're just saying "St. Jerome, please pray for me and my doctors" or whatever.

I ask my wife to pray for me quite often, in the belief that she's closer to him than I am, so in addition to just having two people doing it, I'm also having someone who is already in his presence do it. But I don't worship my wife (much to her chagrin, I'm sure
)

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by brill

Well, you know how the saying goes: Why don't you pray in one hand and sh*t in the other, and see which one fills up first.

Your signatures are awesome

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Maybethis is what the Vatican was trying to draw attention away from with the "cancer cured" article

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
Maybethis is what the Vatican was trying to draw attention away from with the "cancer cured" article

Perhaps, though it's foolish to believe that the Church should stop discussing faith in a positive light, just because they have significant issues like the one you cite. The Catholic Church has a multitude of problems, both big and small, and I'm extremely disappointed in their response to them, but I would be just as disappointed in them if they said "okay, we're going to put everything into solving our problems, you guys are on your own as far as faith goes."

Regardless, this sort of thing (pointing out miracles) isn't particularly rare, and has been going on for many centuries. A saint can't become a saint without "verified" (meaning that the Church investigated and agreed it was a miracle, by their standards) miracles, so don't view this as a special event, trotted out for some insidious purpose. The unusual thing, I suppose, is that mainstream media is covering it, but it sounds like it's being done on a local basis, so not particularly odd.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by adjensen]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
There are many cases where the injured and sick had no other option but to use positive thinking and other mental exercises to heal their own selves.

Here is one from the move "The Secret":

There are others who have cured cancer mainly by positive thinking on that movie. I think prayer works in much the same way (mentally).

The human body is an incredible thing, and can do incredible things, including healing itself.

For all we know, there is a way to control how fast you heal with your mind.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

What I mean is your “prayer” might be answered, but that does not mean that the being that is prayed to is answering the prayer. Like to story I mentioned in the post, the demons were not cast out in Jesus name but they were cast out.

Now lets say for a moment that satan hears the prayer of someone praying to a god other than the Christian God. Satan could in turn “answer” that pray or give the appearance of doing that to keep someone confused and from growing close to the Christian God.

Raist

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Of course, I believe in asking others to pray for me. I do not believe in praying to another person though which is what the article stats happened.

On a church trip that year to the Vatican for a ceremony honoring Father William Chaminade. she prayed that Father William Chaminade to heal her.

"I really felt a connection and felt that he was the person to pray to. It was very faith-driven." said Cancer Survivor Rachel Lozano

Even by her own quote, she says pray to.

I do not believe in asking the dead to pray for me either, if that is what you are asking. I believe in asking the living to pray for me. I leave the dead to their own devices. Just because man has judged them to be a saint does not mean that God has judged them to be a saint or that they are even in heaven with Him.

Raist

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by LiquidMirage

what about the millions of people who have prayed to Jesus Christ and died?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Tony:

The Bible answers this question simply and clearly:

He gives His beloved rest, as in sleep.

Also, "to be absent from the body is to be present with God."

Hope that represents the Scriptures as accurately as possible for such an important question.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

This story brings me memories of a co worker and teacher that was fighting breast cancer when I was teaching in grade school, after chemo she came back to work with the news that prayer and God cured her cancer.

Everybody was in awe about her miracle and the power of God and prayer, unfortunately she died one year later from the same cancer that was supposedly been cured by prayer and God.

Everybody around that knew her was devastated.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

This story brings me memories of a co worker and teacher that was fighting breast cancer when I was teaching in grade school, after chemo she came back to work with the news that prayer and God cured her cancer.

Everybody was in awe about her miracle and the power of God and prayer, unfortunately she died one year later from the same cancer that was supposedly been cured by prayer and God.

Everybody around that knew her was devastated.

Everyone's going to die of something. Taken out of context, your experience says nothing. Was her prognosis terminal? Did she truly believe that chemotherapy had nothing to do with her remission? Did she not bother to seek medical attention after believing that "God had cured her?"

I frequently pray for people who are ill or suffering. Sometimes they get better, sometimes they don't. If they get better, I don't pat myself on the back and assume that God saved them because I asked him to. If they don't get better, I don't blame God.

Maybe prayer and God gave her another year on Earth. Maybe it didn't. But, unless she foolishly ignored treatment in favour of relying solely on prayer, it's highly unlikely that having a prayerful aspect of her life in some way caused her to die.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

I believe in miracles of the body and mind, yes we can cure with our own will many afflictions and if we rely on prayer and God, Jesus or whomever to do that then more power to those that seek outside help.

But I also believe in destiny and the predisposition we are born with and how we should exit this world.

We all born to die another day.

My father is very religious, he is a seventh day adventist, he was diagnosed with prostate cancer back when he was 65, refuse surgery and went with other non invasive procedures he did prayer groups and rely on God's will, he went into remission for 10 years, now at 75 he have his cancer back.

Sometimes we can avoid, even stop certain outcomes but if that is what is going to take us away, is nothing else we can do but make peace with our own lives.

I don't think my father will die from the cancer he have as is very slow growing, and his father also had the same cancer and live to be 100 years old.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by 4nsicphd

First of all, I find it disturbing that you are so apt to piss on a dead priest's grave.. (I mean the "pray to a pedo" comments make me want to vomit... WTF! You have no idea who this person even is..). That is unbelievably disrespectful... Not all priests are pedophiles... It's like saying all ATSers are nut jobs.... Way to s$#t on someone's grave.
-------------------

To Everyone:

With that said, according to information presented, (which may be biased) the treatments for her cancer where not working. She was "given weeks to live". Then the cancer died.

I don't care what you believe but don't you think if there is a god out there then prayer might do something..

I don't know if I really want to live in a world where no one believes in miracles anymore..

[edit on 19-7-2010 by DaMod]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
This is an inspiring story. If the woman believes that is how her cancer was cured than let her believe it. I don't think it is hurting anyone. The great part is her cancer is gone. No matter how it went away she should be thankful for that!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join