It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Meaning of the Garden of Eden

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
The Garden of Eden was and is an inner structure in the soul that produces blissful and lofty states of consciousness that is now dormant [lost] in humans since the fall of man.

This inner paradise has turned into a hell. This inner paradise has turned into a hell based on the metaphysical theorem
AS ABOVE SO BELOW

This is proven by the ancient Arabic and Hebrew words for Hell, which is Gehinnum in Hebrew and Jahannam in Arabic. They both are derived from the same word that is derived from the word for the Garden of Eden— Jinnah, which means Garden, i.e., Garden of Eden.

After the fall of man the inner [paradise-Garden of Eden—Jinnah became [hell- Jahannum], a corruption of the original paradise.

To clarify further, the polarity Heaven and Hell is a misnomer. There is no “heaven” but the correct polarity is Paradise and Hell. The word heaven mystically connotes lofty or philosophical thought, it is not the opposite of hell, and therefore the well-known heaven and hell polarity is a mistaken notion.

This is a symptom of the misguided metaphysics that exists today . . . full of misnomers and outright distortions.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Nice play on words, but the trash dump came a lot later than the Garden of Eden.

My guess it that you are guessing.

Welcome to ATS. Land of the lofty ideas.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
How does the Forbidden Tree of Knowledge fit into your interpretation?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

The forbidden tree of knowledge was one of the 19 trees in the Garden of Eden.
The forbidden tree for Adam was the tree of life, or the tree of creation, in which at the time of the great commandment “ go not upon this tree” he, Adam was not in the right place at the right time to enter the tree. To us an analogy, one tells a child not to cross the street on his own until he grows up.

The actual forbidden tree is this world we live in now . . . that we are all trapped inside and cant get out.

The only way to get out of this world of the forbidden tree of creation, is by metaphysical practices that will enable a person’s inner Garden of Eden to heal and then one returns to that inner Garden and beyond to ultimate perfection.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

I assure you . . . I am not quessing.

Look the words up, do some research

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

This interpretation makes sense. I have never thought the an almighty god would be concerned about the flesh as much as the aspects of how we use our flesh, impacts our ability to obtain everything we desire. We have been promised peace on earth and tranquility is ours if we just believed. Believed it what exactly? A person? A place that exists floating over our heads? A garden that will magically appear? No. I say it is the belief that we live life in truth. That we believe there is a little voice inside each of us that guides us. If we just listened. We could heal our wounds and stop reacting to external conditions, social norms, and turning our head to the truth in fear of what others may think.

Jesus, even said that 'Heaven is within you.' Why wouldn't the garden of eden be there too.

new topics

top topics

join