It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 Trillion Dollars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
www.ptm.org...

$100 One small little piece of paper.

$10,000 1/2" thick packet, $100 x 100

$1,000,000 $10,000 x 100 This fits in a grocery bag.

$100,000,000 $1,000,000 x 100 Fits on a standard pallet (4' x 4')

$1,000,000,000 Takes up ten pallet

$1,000,000,000,000? You will just have to look at the link to see. It can't be described with words.

Anyone handy with photoshop and want to edit a picture of 13 trillion dollars?
Quite a scary visual to think about.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

This will also give you a good idea of what a trillion dollars can do, and where it goes.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

WHOA*^! I checked the first link and man a trillion is an entire two-story warehouse full of money! But, then I looked at your second image and I’m stilll just in awe over how much we spend on fighter jets and bombers let alone our entire our national defense spending. I’m still trying to grasp the whole chart in. Damnn

Just think the U.S. national debt is just over 13 trillion dollars. That is thirteen two-story corporate-sized warehouses, or 13 WAL-MART Supercenters (parking lot included) filled 8 feet high with 100 dollar bills… What does that even mean!? That's unfathomable..!!

That is so much money that if we decided to completely pay off our debt in cash the people that we are giving the warehouses of cash too would tell us to stop the shipments because there isn’t enough room in their entire country’s bank vaults. "Please, StOP THiS MADDnESS!!@"

[edit on 17-7-2010 by tooo many pills]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Thanks for the visuals.

I wish more poeple understood just how much our government spends on defense and related fields.

Why do we have to spend more than the rest of the world combined.

Just think what we could have and contribute if the money went to actually "fixin" things rather than blowing them up.

top topics

join