It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the American Government using Al-Megrahi to put Pressure on BP?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Ok I know there are some threads already about this but I have a take on it that i don’t think has been put forward yet, I apologies if it has.

As most of us already probably know by now BP is being accused of lobbing the UK government to release the Lockerbie bomber Al-Megrahi by a group of US senators who are now looking for inquiry to bet set up to investigate this claim. Last year i wrote this theory on the Lockerbie bombing, to go into it here would take to long but i will post a link to it at the bottom of the page. I think that elements with in the US government and intelligence know that Al-Megrahi was not responsible for the pan am 103 bombing. The reason they want to set up an investigation is not to discredit Al-megrahi and the UK government but to get own back on BP over the oil spill. I think they could be using this as more leverage to get BP to play by the American administrations tune.

Now i have to be honest i have not been following the conspiracies around BP but I am very interesting in Pan Am 103. Perhaps some of you enlightened souls on ATS can add to this and shear information you might have on this.

kevinunknown.blogspot.com...
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

No takers then?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

It's a pity that these US Senators can't busy themselves with calling for a full inquiry into the Lockerbie bomb, rather than making BP dance to their tune.
It's just a sideshow aiming to make BP bigger monsters than they already are.

Why weren't these Senators foaming at the mouth a year ago when this story broke?
Why didn't they care then, but they care now?

I liked your piece on Pan Am 103, I can believe the Syrian-Iranian terror cell explanation far more than I can that it was Al-Megrahi.
I think the only thing I could add to it would be the Air Malta v Granada TV case.

A series of Sunday Times investigative pieces reported that the Lockerbie bomb had first been put on a plane in Malta. The bombing had been carried out by the Palestinian group (see P), after a gang member, Abu Talb, visited Malta. He was identified by a Maltese boutique owner as the man who bought clothes later found in the bomb suitcase.

A bag which ended up on Pan Am 103 was identified by a baggage handler as coming from an Air Malta flight. When a Granada TV documentary repeated the allegations, Air Malta sued Granada for libel. A hitherto unpublished document from Air Malta's lawyers demonstrated that there were no bags on the flight which went on to Pan Am 103 or 103A. Granada settled out of court.

Source

A point totally dismissed by the Government.

Mr. Dalyell: To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs following the court case, Air Malta v. Granada Television, and pursuant to the Prime Minister's answer of 31 January, Official Report , column 558, what evidence has been found to substantiate a Malta connection with the Lockerbie bombing.

Mr. Douglas Hogg: Two Libyan nationals are accused of having placed, or having caused to be placed, the bomb which destroyed flight PA 103 on board an Air Malta flight from Luqa airport on 21 December 1988. As the hon. Gentleman knows, I cannot comment on the detail of the evidence against the two accused while criminal proceedings are pending. The recent out-of-court settlement between Air Malta and Granada Television has no bearing on the prosecution case against the two accused. I understand that the story in relation to which Air Malta brought the action was based on allegations different in detail from those contained in the warrants for the arrest of the two Libyans accused.

Source

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Thank you for posting, i thought this one was dead.

I think I came across that when researching pan am 103, it started out as getting information for a friend who had a family member die that night on the ground and I ended up researching it for a few months. But thanks for the additional information, my research pointed to the possibility of it being put on a Heathrow but that information is still relevant and interesting.

top topics

join