It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Possible Sign From The Other Side?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Hello all,

I'm going through a slightly surreal and difficult time mentally for no apparent reason, I've mentioned on another thread that I feel disconnected from life and that I'm simply going through the motions.

Anyway, I've been on ATS quite a lot this week after a period of inactivity. I was responding to a member on a thread this morning as he said there are other sentient beings on Earth apart from human beings.

I commented back and said is that simply your opinion or do you know that as a fact? Now, don't get me wrong I would never disbelieve something because I haven't personally seen it myself but as far as I know no other sentients beings have been discovered living among us here on earth.

Approximately 3 or 4 minutes after I posted the reply I heard a loud bang behind me. Turning around I discovered that not only had my electric cooling fan sitting on the table had turned itself on but the metal enclosure and plastic rims that protect the blades had come straight off.

I'm not usually one to post about the paranormal because although I have had some incidences my experience in that area is limited.

As far as I know there is no possible way the fan could have turned itself on because the ON and speed settings are all mechanical buttons thus they would have needed to have actually been physically pressed to engage the contacts.

I suppose it could be possible that by some freak power surge current jumped between the fans switch contacts but personally that seems highly unlikely in my opinion and it would have been a massive coincidence if that had happened 3/4 minutes after I sent a post on here questioning the existance of other beings on Earth.

Needlessly to say I'm sitting here on my sofa feeling pretty freaked out...

Before anyone asks I'm in my flat on my own and no I'm not crazy, I just rang one of my friends to tell him (and with him knowing I'm a little weird mentally right now) asked me if I was hallucinating.

Thoughts?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
as far as I know no other sentients beings have been discovered living among us here on earth.

Have you ever heard of biodiversity? Do you know what sentient being means? Do you think animals have no sense, no feeling?

And you if you want to get deeper into metaphysical thinking I'd tell you that reality is a hallucination and that there are no coincidences, as if it was a coincidence that after 1:59 PM came 2:00 PM.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Geladinhu

Yes I know what sentient means, please tell what other sentient beings are on this planet that have the same level of perception, self awareness and intelligence as human beings?

Besides, the context of the comment was implying that there are other beings such as aliens or another form of higher intelligence beings living here among us on Earth.

Whats bioversity got to do with anything?

Either way, you haven't really answered my question or provided anything helpful with regards to my fan turning itself on and its casing being blown off a couple of minutes after I questioned other beings living here on Earth.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

I think that if people submerse themselves in the paranormal, UFO and/conspiracy world, it can make them edgy. Their thoughts turn to unusual explanations for mundane events. A case in point, is the person who believes in astrology and destiny, to them every glance and incident becomes synchronicity. Life slowly begins to revolve around them. Likewise, those wacky-ass chemtrailers, every single time they walk out into the open, they enter a different world than the one we live in. In their world, skies are full of poison and their Governments are plotting to kill them in the most difficult and complicated way possible. The very earth beneath their feet might be home to reptilian baby-eaters!

Your fan died. It happens. If you hadn't been 'in the zone' on ATS, you'd be more worried that it's summer and you've no fan! It's possible that unknown life-forms share our space. Is it likely they are reading your ATS posts and kicking off about it with damage to property!?

Now if my fan dies in the same way later on...that'll be interesting lol I'm probably within 30 odd miles of your location and we aren't gonna need a fan with this crap weather. Jeez.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Haha, the weathers been terrible, really bad rain yesterday and the day before...

I appreciate exactly what you mean with regards to interpreting each and every little thing and attributing it to paranormal activity or calling every event a conspiracy.

However, I'd say I'm a logical and rational person and usually the first one to dismiss something as a coincidence.

As far as I know there is no way the fan could turn itself on with its mechanical push button switches unless they were physically pressed. Not only that but a fair amount of force would be needed to blow the metal casing and plastic rims clean off the fan.

The fan still works by the way but I've left the casing and plastic rims where they are so I can show the missus later.

It seems its a pretty big coincidence that it happened moments after I basically questioned the existance of other beings living on earth, however I suppose stranger things have happened...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
Your fan died. It happens. If you hadn't been 'in the zone' on ATS, you'd be more worried that it's summer and you've no fan!

That is pretty astute and I would tend to agree withcha but, the fan turned ON and it disengaged itself (is that correct or am I not understanding?)

I too do not believe in coincidences. I believe in serendipity and synchronicity. Consciousness dictates reality (IMHO anyway).

OP, please clarify your fan conundrum again. Thanks

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

So, what are you going to do with this information?

It seems maybe your disconnection with life of late and this incident may be connected, and you feel it as well, or else why mention it.

Maybe it's time to investigate, take it to the next level.

In my own mind, I know there are other, sentient, beings here... but either fear or laziness has kept me from investigating and learning more. I will say, that I've been scared off, and I'm a little lazy.

Maybe you're ready to take a step that you've previously backed away from, maybe your brain is just messing with you... and wouldn't it be cool if you could make a fan explode just by reading too much ATS?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by One Moment
That is pretty astute and I would tend to agree withcha but, the fan turned ON and it disengaged itself (is that correct or am I not understanding?)

I too do not believe in coincidences. I believe in serendipity and synchronicity. Consciousness dictates reality (IMHO anyway).

OP, please clarify your fan conundrum again. Thanks

That is correct. The fan itself was turned off but was turned on at the mains, I asked the poster on here was it his opinion there are other beings here on Earth or was it simply his opinion. About 3/4 minutes later I heard an almight bang that shook me out of my skin, turned around to discover the fan was turned on and the metal casing around it and plastic rims that hold it in place had basically been blown onto my living room floor.

As mentioned above the fan itself still works so that kind of rules out a electrical explosion caused by a power surge for example. I was using my laptop on ATS and had my television on in the background and noticed no interuption to their functions.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Dogdish

It would be good if I could make a fan explode from reading too much on ATS as long as I knew it was going to happen, the bang scared the life out of me!

I've just been on the phone to my mother to let her know about the little incident and her words were "I think you caused it to explode"

My recent disconnection from life hasn't been positive, absolutely the opposite to be honest. I feel like theres something wrong with me but people on the outside cannot see it, I have no real reasons to be unhappy or depressed so I'm not sure why I'm feeling like this.

I do tend to go through little periods like this a couple of times a year but never usually this bad, I know it sounds stupid (and if this hadn't of happened this morning I would of laughed at the suggestion) that maybe my pent up aggression/mental episode/what ever you want to call it made the fan explode?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Yeah. That's what I thought.

I'm not sure what may be going on over there with you but I find it perplexing that say, if you DID make some kind of contact, and they DID indeed contact you, why so encrypted? Why leave you still guessing?

I say this because I believe (yet others know i.e. hypnotherapists) I was abducted in 1997.
I 'saw' them and I had all the classic symptoms afterwards. And although it's not crystal clear in my mind (whether I'm in denial or not I don't know....) that this happened, at least it was a little more brazen than what you experienced.
So it leaves me wondering, why so deceptive (in your case)? Surely they'd be able to interact with us better, no?

Unless of course, you somehow managed to affect the fan through some kind of telekinesis. Who knows OP. Life is so mysterious and I have a feeling we don't know 99.9% of what's really real!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by One Moment

I'm not sure One Moment, pretty strange experience in my opinion. I've seen UFO's before and believe in them 100% but I've never had electrical appliances turning themselves on and throwing their parts accross the room before.

It just seemed so odd that it happened more or less immediately after I asked a member did they know other life on Earth was here or was it their oppinion. I know its sounds slightly ridiculous but it sort of felt like a warning as if to say "yes we are here" but thats sounds even stranger because it means they would have to be reading my ATS posts!

Unless like you mention, I somehow made it happen. I really am having a strange couple of weeks!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Try to be positive and emit some positive energy over the situation then OP.
I mean, right now, the stage is yours. You are now in a position to make this unexplained experience anything you want it to be.

So rather than concentrating on it being a 'warning' by some malevolent Being, turn it onto a 'hey there! Just lettin' ya know I have your back covered man...." kinda thing.

Why not? I don't think anyone will judge you any differently.

You have absolutely nothing to lose seeing no one can explain this even if you hired: 'fan-turning-on and imploding' expert!
This experience is yours and yours alone to dissect and define any way you want. I think you're privileged actually.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Thanks mate, not only are they wise words but they are also reassuring. You've got a good point about making the experience or situation positive rather than negative, maybe something good is going on but I haven't realised or discovered it yet, only time will tell I suppose but in the mean time I can always look at things in a hopeful manner

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
reply to post by Dogdish

It would be good if I could make a fan explode from reading too much on ATS as long as I knew it was going to happen, the bang scared the life out of me!

Yeah, that's the kind of stuff that will scare you away from this kind of stuff.

Although I've seen some things, my wife can actually see things I'm only given "signs" of, or occurrences such as yours. (She can see auras, as well.)

I've seen weirder things.

Also, I occasionally go through the kind of funk you're going through. It's cyclical, I think. Maybe it makes a case for biorhythms. It's kind of sad, but it makes me worry when I feel too good. Not quite psychotic or even bipolar, just cyclical.

It's funny, this is the second time typing this that I've likened your case to a Jimi Hendrix song... "Are you experienced?", "Manic Depression"...

I don't think either of us are having breakdowns, BTW, just experiencing what's not often sensed. I think of it as more of a "gift".

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by One Moment

Try to be positive and emit some positive energy over the situation then OP.
I mean, right now, the stage is yours. You are now in a position to make this unexplained experience anything you want it to be.

So rather than concentrating on it being a 'warning' by some malevolent Being, turn it onto a 'hey there! Just lettin' ya know I have your back covered man...." kinda thing.

Why not? I don't think anyone will judge you any differently.

You have absolutely nothing to lose seeing no one can explain this even if you hired: 'fan-turning-on and imploding' expert!
This experience is yours and yours alone to dissect and define any way you want. I think you're privileged actually.

One Moment is wrong. I can tell you with total confidence that such things happen. They are from extraterrestrial origin. I have been working with ET's for 25 years. They usually show themselves to really with it people like you. I have experienced thousands of situations like the ones you describe.
I have decoded and documented a hidden language in the English Language. Thousands of translations are on my websites (URL's below my "Signature").

Some of the translations for the word "Coincidence" are:

Coincidence = “Coin Toss Presence”.

Coincidence = “Coin Toss Games”.

See: ufoetblog.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Approximately 3 or 4 minutes after I posted the reply I heard a loud bang behind me. Turning around I discovered that not only had my electric cooling fan sitting on the table had turned itself on but the metal enclosure and plastic rims that protect the blades had come straight off.

The fan turned itself ON... ON... ON!!! The screen that protects the fan fell OFF... OFF... OFF!!!

Sheesh! You argumentative bastards who think you know everything need to learn how to read.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
What is the brand of your fan? How old is it? Can you post a link to the fan from somewhere on the internet, not the exact fan but the same make/model? Provide some information about the fan and let's see if there is a conventional explanation before jumping to the paranormal.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by etcorngods

I'm wrong, how?

No offense (and I really don't want to go toe to toe with you) but it's this exact arrogant thinking (that you KNOW the unknown) that keeps us in the primitive 3D/5-Sense/2-Strand DNA existence. It's bad enough science thinks they know what they really don't.....................

Bottom line: Keep your mind open and your thoughts positive. It's pretty simple really.

OP.......pay no attention to the "dark-poster" behind the curtain.
Again, the stage is all yours! Work it!!!!

Edit: Offensive-offense

[edit on 17-7-2010 by One Moment]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrJay1975
What is the brand of your fan? How old is it? Can you post a link to the fan from somewhere on the internet, not the exact fan but the same make/model? Provide some information about the fan and let's see if there is a conventional explanation before jumping to the paranormal.

Straight off the back of the fan:

Connect-IT
9" Desk Fan
Model: ES 161
230v - 50Hz
Power: 30 Watts
Made in China

Probably about 2 years old.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Cheers One Moment, I must admit etcorngods post was strange to say the least...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join