It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The infamous Turkey UFO a yacht?

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Well let me elucidate for you.........The only movement from Yalcin's

video is the movement from his panning and zooming. The alleged

UFO is 'NOT' moving. Yalcin is doing all the moving with his camera!

As a matter of fact one gets the feeling of smacking his hands and

shouting 'STOP IT ALREADY!'

[edit on 1-8-2010 by KIZZZY]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by KIZZZY

eh, edited; i never claimed it was moving in the video.

[edit on 8/1/2010 by JPhish]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Comparison clip of Car on a hill in fog to lights of Turkey video.

This speaks for itself! And you cannot see the horizon because of the fog!

You can see the hill with the car but cannot dercern the horizon with the

lights on the Sea!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/22d08afc4a33.jpg[/atsimg]

Perhaps you have forgotten that the earth is round!

As it slowly eases up the horizon you can see lights but not the boat.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by JPhish
reply to post by KIZZZY

eh, edited; i never claimed it was moving in the video.

Hence a snap-shot because it it NOT MOVING!

And the camera-man doesn't know diddly-squat about the camera and

is over-zooming, constantly changing the chromatic et al!

What is worse you don't even take into consideration the aberrations of fog

and what atmospheric conditions yield when a video is taken in these kinds

of conditions.

GET A TRIPOD YALCIN! Stabalize that chitty video!

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by KIZZZY

Comparison clip of Car on a hill in fog to lights of Turkey video.

This speaks for itself! And you cannot see the horizon because of the fog!

You can see the hill with the car but cannot dercern the horizon with the

lights on the Sea!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/22d08afc4a33.jpg[/atsimg]

Perhaps you have forgotten that the earth is round!

submitting the car video would inadvertently suggests that the object in the video is less than 100 feet offshore . . .

The object appears to be around 2 miles out. which would make it at least 20 feet high.

Then you say the earth is curved . . . which completely contradicts the logic the car video presents . . . which is that of a near object being obfuscated by atmospheric affects and a steep hill.

If an observer’s sight were infinite, and the surface of a planet perfectly smooth with no obstacles; an object would have to be a considerable distance from an observer before the curvature of a planet would have any affect at all on the observers’ ability to see it. We’re talking hundred of miles. Depending on how large the planet is of course. The larger the planet, the farther you can see.

Contrary to popular belief, the earth’s curvature has nearly nothing to do with objects apparently "disappearing" as they gain distance from the observer.

I don't think you realize how large the boat would have to be if the horizon is where you claim.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by JPhish
there would be next to no motion blur for a car in drive moving at 1 mile per hour if the camera had a fast shutter speed. However, you are missing the point. The point is the motion of an object can help identify it.

So, POST details of where you see such motion of these objects. If you can't do that, you are just waving your arms about.

YES, motion of an object *could* help, if the motion means we get a different view, or we can measure the speed. But these objects are stationary! These objects are not moving in any way that changes their shape or orientation relative to the camera. (Even if they were, Yalcin's ridiculous hand-holding would hinder any such attempt...)

That means that still frame comparisons are in fact quite useful, and in fact *extra* useful in cases where there is much camera movement and refocusing, exposure adjustments, etc. You can then cherry-pick the best frames (indeed frame-stacking is a technique that might be useful here, but without the original footage... I wouldn't bother.)

If you claim any of your factors render still frame comparisons invalid, AGAIN, POST DETAILS of where/when/how. You seem to be avoiding that like the plague.

Pictures are lesser evidence than photographs or stills.

??Wha?? You just contradicted yourself, but we'll assume it was just a slip of the non-Freudian kind...

I never said anything about motion blur . . .

No, and if you aren't specific, who would know *what* you are talking about. So... BE SPECIFIC.

no offense, but that's poor frame grab, there are no reference points.[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d9b70064fa62.jpg[/atsimg]
Those lights are clearly in excess of 20 feet above the water.

No offense, but the frame you provided does not in any way show that - indeed it is EXACTLY the same scene as MY grab, just zoomed out! - so it beautifully demonstrates how you CANNOT trust your eye to arbitrarily make measurements. Anyway, the lights quite possibly are twenty feet or higher so let's concede that .... - the prawn trawler vessel I showed you has lights that are.. wait for it... about 25-30 feet above the water. (I used to work in and around those vessels). So, we have a match - thanks! A small cruising ship would have higher lights again.

not at all, those lights could be extremely high over the water depending on how large the object is.

Oh, so your 20 feet estimate is possibly/extremely wrong...? I'm getting quite confused now.

When I first saw the video THIS is what I thought the day time object was. I changed my mind when I realized the light arrangement was incongruent with that of an oilrig.

WHY are they incongruent with an oil rig? How far away and at what angle would the rig be, and what lighting is actually required of a rig after daybreak? Why are you so eager to criticise others for dismissing stuff, when you are clearly eager to do so yourself, on very slim grounds? You need to start justifying your decisions by giving examples, workings and proof.

To me, the fact that there are no oil/gas rigs in that direction, is a far better justification for dismissing it, so I agree with the final conclusion - it very likely isn't an oilrig.

(Interestingly, and contrary to what has been posted elsewhere, there IS at least one rig in the Marmara Sea (it's a gas rig actually), but according to my digging, it is currently located about 20km to the WNW, not far offshore from Silivri.. But not anywhere near where the camera was pointed...)

The lights are definitely higher than 20 feet and I’d be willing to GUESS they are much higher.

How is your 20 feet figure NOT a guess, but higher is? You keep avoiding this - HOW do you know? If it is just a feeling, then admit that please. If it is not, then show the maths/geometry.

A very large cruise ship is a good guess, but again, I believe the light arrangement is incongruent.

Based upon....? __________________ Please fill in some gaps. ANY gaps.

* BTW - your 'analogy' of the cardboard Corvette would ONLY be useful if we had 3D imagery. We do not. Indeed the 'depth', if any, of these objects - and/or any parallax issues that it would cause - has not even come up as an issue.
you completely missed the point, that’s ok though; I’m sure you understand now that I have elucidated.

?? You brought up the cardboard business, so how on earth is that NOT about the depth/shape/parallax of the object???? Again, you complain about intepretation, but offer no specifics. We *have* to guess at your meaning if you don't 'elucidate' at the start. Indeed how will I know what I have missed, if you won't elucidate..? Educate me...

[edit on 1-8-2010 by CHRLZ]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ed00ba1a7d9d.jpg[/atsimg]

The lights are way out there. You forgot about the ZOOM lens?

Why did I put the car video in? hmmm? It was to show as the car climbs the hill the lights appear. You see the asphalt whereas in the sea you cannot determine the horizon because of the fog.

The comparison was to show that you cannot see the body of the car because of the fog ...same as the lights, you cannot see the body of a boat out in the sea because of the fog. And you certainly cannot see the horizon!

It you cannot see the horizon you cannot know how far above the horizon the lights are!

The laws of physics do not change for you J!

And I do not even pay attention to that particular pic ...why? Because I think the lights have nothing to do with the other object since the camera-man is always darting back and forth with frames.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by KIZZZY

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a77afc219899.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f479fb06f968.jpg[/atsimg]

Question for you. How come you cannot see a reflection on the water in the Turkey yacht photo, but in the skeeter photo you not only see a reflection you also see where it originated from and also see that reflection in the water and you see it farther away from the boat.

As far as I know I haven't seen a light source that doesn't put out some type of reflection. With a light as bright as the one we see in the Turkey pics and video there is an absence of the reflection. How does that work?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I agree with the comments that the object is stationary. I see no movement at all.

Which renders this particular thread moot. Boats on water move. Whether moored, anchored, whatever... even on the calmest days at sea, it WILL move.

No movement. No yacht. End of yacht theory.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by KIZZZY

I guess you cannot see the horizon am I correct? Let's look at this a little closer shall we. ok

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b8ef75e12110.jpg[/atsimg]

and now the same pic with a little adjustment to the brightness and contrast what can we see, that's right the horizon line.
Note the difference in the color of the sky and the ocean. It may be suttle in color difference,but you can see the difference. So now the argument about not seeing the horizon really doesn't work here.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/253c0073ec2a.jpg[/atsimg]

You might need to rethink the not able to see horizon theory you have.
I just thought I would help you to see the horizon.

EDIT: You can also see that a fairly large boat in these pics. Take notice of the size because if this yacht as you say is near the horizon that would make it one big ass yacht. And if it is closer than the horizon line you would be able to see more of the vessel thanjust the lights.

[edit on 1-8-2010 by tsurfer2000h]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/28e7a2e9f685.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/93000a0a0167.jpg[/atsimg]

I was looking around and I came across a few pics that I thought I would share. The top pic is of a ship that closer than the horizon. Ok now the second pic is of a ship near the horizon. I guess you wonder why I am showing these to you. Well if you look in either picture you will see that you could identify a light on either of these pics. Now look at this.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9ace64e8af6c.jpg[/atsimg]

So now you want me to believe that these lights in the third pic are from a ship near the horizon or closer. How big are these lights to be able to see them near or over the horizon, because as you can see in the first two pics there is no way you would see lights at that distance. You damn sure wouldn't be able o see them that clear and not see some part of the ship.Also the darker line under the lights is the horizon.So now you can see the horizon. I will throw this at you also. How about an inverted picture of the orange lights.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/22ba065e6e3a.jpg[/atsimg]

Take notice of the whiter line under the lights that is the horizon line. So thats all I have for now. Also notice that there is nothing coming down from the lights to show that they are mounted to anything and last time I check hovering lights are not available yet.

Edit: spell check and forgot something important.

[edit on 1-8-2010 by tsurfer2000h]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Thus the discussion of mirages. Did you miss it?

Superior mirages can take the form of looming, towering, and inversion, depending on the particular density structure of the air column. In looming, distant objects appear to float above the horizon, and objects that are below the horizon may come in to view.

nsidc.org...

[edit on 8/1/2010 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I guess that is your final answer on this. So it is only a mirage. Where has it been proven that this only a mirage, oh wait it hasn't. You can keep this mirage going for ever there still is not solid proof of this being a mirage. I guess the fools who keep thinking its a yacht need to stop trying to prove it because you know for sure what it is. Make sure you let the rest know so they can close this thread and call it debunked.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

The lights in the distance and the "yacht" are two different things.
There is no resemblance between them.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I may have put the lights in with the other part of my posts dealing with the yacht lights my bad. So why do these lights jus seem to be in mid air when almost every pic I have found that has to do with superior mirages show some sort of disturbed air near the object. The type of look you get from a hot road in the distance. Nothing looks disturbed or somewhat different then the rest of the air around these lights.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Actually, in the videos there is quite a bit of distortion and scintillation of the lights.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
this thread has lost me so far
i was keeping up with it until the bloke from turkey said he was going to take pictures of and around the area
did this ever happen?
im not lazy but i dont want to read all the little girls throwing its a mirage, its a boat, its nothing at each other
so please can someone fill me in?
many thanks

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
reply to post by KIZZZY

I guess you cannot see the horizon am I correct? Let's look at this a little closer shall we. ok

What is this CRAYOLA TIME? No damn way are you getting

away with that! Put your black FAKE horzion crayon back in the box!

I don't buy what you sell. The pic I took was from that guy pyramid.

And you know what you can do with your attitude!

There is a FOG! And I don't

really give a damn how many horizons you want to draw!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b8ef75e12110.jpg[/atsimg]

and now the same pic with a little adjustment to the brightness and contrast what can we see, that's right the horizon line.
Note the difference in the color of the sky and the ocean. It may be suttle in color difference,but you can see the difference. So now the argument about not seeing the horizon really doesn't work here.

While your busy editing why don't you just draw a space-craft as well!

*rolls eyes*

/quote][atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/253c0073ec2a.jpg[/atsimg]

You might need to rethink the not able to see horizon theory you have.
I just thought I would help you to see the horizon.

Sure, when I need some fake embellishment I know who to call. The man

with the black crayon!

EDIT: You can also see that a fairly large boat in these pics. Take notice of the size because if this yacht as you say is near the horizon that would make it one big ass yacht. And if it is closer than the horizon line you would be able to see more of the vessel thanjust the lights.

I never said it was a yacht now did I? Further, I did state my interest was not

those lights to begin with because I believe those lights and the other picture

are not one and the same! So put that in your bubble pipe and blow bubbles!

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

reply to post by KIZZZY

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a77afc219899.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f479fb06f968.jpg[/atsimg]

Question for you. How come you cannot see a reflection on the water in the Turkey yacht photo, but in the skeeter photo you not only see a reflection you also see where it originated from and also see that reflection in the water and you see it farther away from the boat.

As far as I know I haven't seen a light source that doesn't put out some type of reflection. With a light as bright as the one we see in the Turkey pics and video there is an absence of the reflection. How does that work?

My skeeter boat is angled...that's for starters. The other boat is straight on

duhhhhh! And there is a FOG

There are bi-lateral reflections! With a fox you are going to have

interferences with light!

And I did not address the "lamp" shape object!

I think this whole thing smell like rotten fish!

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

reply to post by Phage

I may have put the lights in with the other part of my posts dealing with the yacht lights my bad. So why do these lights jus seem to be in mid air when almost every pic I have found that has to do with superior mirages show some sort of disturbed air near the object. The type of look you get from a hot road in the distance. Nothing looks disturbed or somewhat different then the rest of the air around these lights.

I have a %#$-load of pictures with mirages and spoke about the existing

"DUCTS" in the Marmara Sea that are responsible for mirages!

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join