It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The infamous Turkey UFO a yacht?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Just found this interesting analysis on the infamous Kumburgaz UFO sighting(s).

It was carried out by Andrés Duarte, a Chilean researcher.

I've always felt that this object was too low to be anything airborne and the research that Andrés has carried out seems to confirm this.

Andrés has calculated the direction the object was seen by using the moon and the shoreline as references:

As you can see, Guzelce marina is within the field of view of the videos.

This is where Andrés suggests that the object could be nothing more than windows on board yachts reflecting light.

There are some similarities there for sure.

The analysis covers a lot more and is a recommended read for anyone interested in this case.

The original can found HERE and translated page HERE.

And another source HERE.

Now, most people probably won't buy the yacht explanation, but is it really any more out there than the alien space craft theories?

Even the yacht window theory can explain the supposed alien beings that were seen...

Thoughts?

[edit on 17/7/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
A++

That sighting has always bothered me. (Or sightings rather)

This looks like it might be a great explanation!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Interesting, and it is possible. But if I remember correct there were other shots in which the object was much higher than the sea. What makes the video also interesting for is the barking of the dog. Of course it doesn't make any sense alone, but this dog makes it more interesting.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I think its a very plausible explanation, we mis-interpret what we see everyday. I can just see it on the list of explanations now......swamp gas....venus....balloons.....yacht.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Chadwickus.....

That looks very interesting.

I shall have a good read of it all!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by deccal

I don't recall seeing it higher, but it has been a while since I've watched all of the videos.

Can you remember in which video you saw it higher?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I don't recall that ufo bobbing up and down as if it was on water. Seas totally calm over there?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

I think I better watch the vids again, but from memory, I don't believe the camera was held steady long enough to discern any boat bobbing.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Chadwickus.....

OK.....that is very interesting.

You probably saw me write many times that my biggest doubts about this case originally arose from what appeared to be a simple flaw in the geometry of the sighting.

That is to say.....

The angle of incidence (or viewing angle) appeared all wrong to me & I didn't see how it could be something high "in the sky". I always thought it had to something lower, or something closer.....say a model.

This "boat" theory does seem to adress this issue to a quite reasonable extent.

Yep.....it's certainly "food for thought!"

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Yup, I feel Andrés has explained what we're seeing quite well and has provided some good examples to get the point across.

Then, and this is the most important and yet difficult to grasp argument: it’s quite obvious, even more so by watching the moving images, the objects appear to be specular surfaces reflecting light.

“Nevertheless, there’s something important regarding the first impression given by these reflections: one could think they reflect light in this way because they are significantly curved, but things do not work this way when the images are captured in non-trivial circumstances.”

“In the videos, there’s an extreme zoom and the angular size of the objects is of about 0.5 degrees, which equals a distance/size ratio of over 100. In these conditions a specular, convex surface would appear as a luminous point, as the reflected light would be scattered.”

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Chadwickus.....

Some of the concepts therein require further review & further consideration.

I'll have to do some reading & more thinking about it all & come back with some more questions.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I don't think so. Either it's a hoax, or it is not. The single zoom shot disproves the yacht theory, imo. They zoom out, it's a tiny object near the moon. Certainly not on the water, and not near the spot on the map, either. Then they zoom back in, and you see this same object.

Also, unless the sea was perfectly calm every time they took the videos, there would be movement from the ocean's turbulence. We do not see this.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

It explains why the "UFO" could appear night after night and be filmed (or seen) by anyone else; other people were seeing it but recognized the object for what it was.

One question though; what are the supposed "aliens" peeking out?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
I don't think so. Either it's a hoax, or it is not. The single zoom shot disproves the yacht theory, imo. They zoom out, it's a tiny object near the moon.

I don't think it's that close to the moon.

Certainly not on the water, and not near the spot on the map, either. Then they zoom back in, and you see this same object.

Can you provide your calculations to show how you come to your conclusion.

Also, which video are you basing this off?

Also, unless the sea was perfectly calm every time they took the videos, there would be movement from the ocean's turbulence. We do not see this.

As I've already said, the camera is never still enough to discern any movement of the object.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Someone "enhanced" a few stills, added a bit of photoshop magic and presto, aliens!

[edit on 17/7/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I'll try to find a link to the video where imo, it's clear to me at least, this is not a yacht, not in fact, anywhere near the water.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

This particular case has fascinated me...Great job on presenting a feasible scenario. It always bothered me how the "ship" seemed to hover over the water for hours (for what????), sorta acting like a boat...

I hope you're wrong but this time I doubt it

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I must admit, it does look like it but what's with the lights?
If the interior lights were on, shouldn't we see the entire windows lit? If it was a light above the windows, why don't we see more details of the boat?

[edit on 17-7-2010 by Regenstorm]

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
At 4:30 into this video:

www.in.com...

We can clearly see the magically floating, invisible yacht in all it's glory.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Ah you do have a point there, seems like it's too far above the water to be floating in it...

What about the the canvas type roof some of these boats have? The kind that fold up and down, like a convertible car have....you could string some party lights around it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join