It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop circle - July 17th, 2010 - Hypercube

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I think some people miss the entire point of crop circles. It's not about figuring out who is responsible for the message; It's about interpreting the message as a piece of art!

Art is a form of communication; it is a statement that people interpret for themselves. Doesn't matter who wrote it... the message remains the same.

We can deduce one thing about the creators of the crop circles though: whoever they may be, they want their identity to be unknown to their audience: us!

So stop figuring out who made them... enjoy them and appreciate them as art!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by micpsi
There are lots of crop circles reported in the USA and elsewhere. They just don't get the same degree of publicity because they are usually less sophisticated than those in Wiltshire. Here's an international crop circle archive:
www.x-cosmos.it...

Almost looks like the United States ones are man-made since they are of such poor quality. Perhaps some attempt to convince people that crop circles are all made by people?

In any case, the difference in quality is quite staggering, which was interesting to find out. Thanks for the link.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Charismagic

The Fosbury crop circle has a central cube. This is one of the five Platonic solids, or regular, convex polyhedra, that the ancient Greeks believed were the shapes of the particles of the five Elements: Earth, Water, Fire, Air and Aether. The cube was associated with the Element Earth. I propose that the five series of straight line forming rhombi in the plane of the field but denoting sets of three adjacent faces of five nested cubes are symbols of these five Elements. As a clue that the crop circle makers wanted you to understand this, they put a cube in the centre of the crop circle, symbolizing Earth, exemplified by the soil, or earth, the very material in which the crop circle appears. The hexagonal outer edge serves simply as a frame like that used by artists to contain their paintings.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by micpsi]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

There are lots of crop circles reported in the USA and elsewhere. They just don't get the same degree of publicity because they are usually less sophisticated than those in Wiltshire. Here's an international crop circle archive:
www.x-cosmos.it...

Almost looks like the United States ones are man-made since they are of such poor quality. Perhaps some attempt to convince people that crop circles are all made by people?

In any case, the difference in quality is quite staggering, which was interesting to find out. Thanks for the link.

You are welcome. Yes, I would agree that most of the crop circles in the USA are likely made by people because of their poorer quality. I think they may be done mostly by copycats, trying to replicate what they have seen in Wiltshire.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
This is a cube within a cube... look closely and you can see it too....

What does this mean?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by yigsstarhouse
This has indeed been the month of the cubes for them it seems. I feel very strongly that we are being, hmmm I dunno, like beat over the head with the cube messages. Like wake up people we are Trying to Tell you something. I wish I understood geometry better then I do, but alas my brain is more of the artisan and numbers do tend to befuddle it.
Maybe someone that does understand the numbers better could take the cubes in sequence and see where they may possibly lead?

lets imagine i were to teach you a language

i would use geometry if the language was mathmatical
i would use pictures if the language was artistical (is that a word? anywho)
i woundnt use my language without giving you context to acociate with

start with the most reconisable geometric shape a circle
now using geometry in an artistic way express an idea

if you are artistic you see beauty
if you are mathmatical you see calculations

i suppose its a way of comunication on mulitipul levels

they speak to all (me more than most) of sacred geometry of the universe and its physical interaction with our consousness

like flash programing a computer it stimulates the mind on what ever level your on and the programing is getting more complicated

i beleive our selvation is encoded in these crop circles

XPLOdER

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

What does this mean?

I thought initially that it represented a tesseract, or 4-cube
en.wikipedia.org...
However, the lines joining the corners of the two cubes are absent, so this is unlikely. Then i considered n-cubes in general:
en.wikipedia.org...
but nothing contained five n-cubes.

In order to understand their meaning, all quantitative aspects of a crop circle need to be taken into account, not only their appearance. I propose that the five sets of three adjacent, orthogonal squares (as meant in 3-d) symbolize the five Platonic solids, of which one is drawn in the middle as a clue to what they are meant to signify.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   

What does this mean?

en.wikipedia.org...
However, the lines joining the corners of the two cubes are absent, so this is unlikely. Then i considered n-cubes in general:
en.wikipedia.org...

In order to understand their meaning, all quantitative aspects of a crop circle need to be taken into account, not only their appearance. I propose that the five sets of three adjacent, orthogonal squares (as meant in 3-d) symbolize the five Platonic solids, of which one is drawn in the middle as a clue to what they are meant to signify.

Here is another one from June this year. Looks like a similar symbolic to me. World within worlds or similar.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ab7909c2189b.jpg[/atsimg]

And another similar one:

All very interesting.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
earlier i went surfing with the intention of trying to get some insight on these cubes but i got lost and found some really interesting information i hadn't seen before.

Eyewitness Account of 1996 Julia Set

an excerpt:

“On leaving M, I was puzzled by the time element of approx 20 minutes. I could not budge M on this; she was adamant and insisted that that was what she had witnessed and nothing I could say would make change her mind. As all the other reliable reports I have had of people witnessing crop circles appearing, they have all quite independently mentioned that the circle took between 4 and 20 seconds to happen. So why had this one taken so long? Was it due to the fact the other circles had just been small single circles whereas this one was large and complex?"

“I made several enquiries and I understand that it is generally accepted that as a result of work conducted in the 1990’s, it is possible to calculate the time a formation takes to appear based on the size and number of circles. The method relates to the earth’s gravitational and magnetic fields. This predicts a velocity of the resulting vortex filament of some 10ft/sec. The filament propagates not unlike a solar flare, repeatedly looping through the earth’s surface `embroidering` a gradually evolving pattern. To create the 151 circles in the 915.2 x 508 ft pattern would take of the order of 20-25 minutes to create."

“The descending force emits an electrical discharge which releases bubbles from the underground aquifers which rise up through the surface of the ground and patterns are formed. The anchor point of the force is always off centre."

This aspect as been observed many times over the years in certain complex crop circles.

“These patterns develop like `embroidery`, half about the ground and half under the ground in a sort of looping manner.

There is significantly less pressure inside than outside, therefore there is a sort of sucking motion from inside which bends or `sucks down` the crop at the base.

“The mist would appear to be as a result of cool water vapour rising from the aquifer (underground spring) beneath and behaves in a manner similar to what happens in the lab when electrical discharges are created through water and different patterns emerge on the surface. Mist forms a little distance from the triggering point, which would support what occurred in this case, M could see the circle growing. It is when the hydrogen atoms re-combine that all this happens as it draws in ambient energy. This is where the excess energy appears from. As for height, it would be no higher than the radius of the formation created and the mist cloud would grow as the formation grew."

“However the more complex patterns have additional information contained in the sphere and who or what presses the button to make these is not within our present knowledge or understanding."

that second paragraph i find enlightening and logical.

the idea of the formation being similar to embroidery, up and down as if the ground were the fabric reminded me of something i had read just prior to visiting Ms. Pringle's site:

3-D Circle Models

go down to the lower half of the page to see three dimensional renditions based on the geometry of actual circles - using the ground as the dividing plane.

on the same site, there is an explanation of some of the lines questioned by skeptics:
Construction Lines

i found Mr. Janssen's site deeply informative and his understanding of geometry really adds to the depth of which i was already perceptive, and i gained a new appreciation for the design of meaning inherent to authentic (unexplained) circles.

going back to Lucy Pringle's site, there is a page for each season starting from 1990 to present. looking at these, i realized just how far this phenomenon has come and how the man-made circles have steadily decreased, after the mid-nineties, and the unexplained circles have increased, generally. some of the later designs literally make me catch my breath, they are so profound and beautiful.

Photo Gallery

it is also a good place to get a better understanding of man-made vs. unexplained circles.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
The interpretation of the Liddington Castle crop circle is challenging because of its abstraction. But here goes:

The basic pattern is 18 sectors of a circle (nine dark, nine light). Superposed on it are four circles. The sectors inside them are the negatives of those outside them. This is an artistic device to create a sense of depth - of a third dimension. The number of parts of sectors inside the four circles is 26 (18+2+2+4). Significantly, this is the number of dimensions of space-time predicted by quantum mechanics for spinless (bosonic) strings.
en.wikipedia.org...

Four of these dimensions define the well-known, 4-d Minkowski space-time continuum, used by Einstein in his Theory of Relativity. The remaining 22 dimensions are curled up, or "compactified." So one circle with four parts of sectors corresponds to the four dimensions of large-scale space-time, whilst the 22 other parts of sectors inside the three remaining circles correspond to the 22 compactified dimensions. The large internal circle spans all 18 sectors. The 18:8 division it generates in parts of sectors corresponds in 26-dimensional space-time to the following: according to superstring theory, there are eight so-called "transverse" dimensions in 10-d space-time. These are dimensions of space orthogonal to the superstring at each point along its length. If superstrings are embedded in 26-d space-time, as some physicists believe, then there are 18 non-superstring dimensions orthogonal to the string. They are symbolized by the 18 sectors of the crop circle - or, rather, the 18 parts of the sectors encircled by the large internal circle. The eight parts of sectors in the remaining three circles will then denote the eight transverse dimensions of the superstring.

I believe that the crop circle is depicting the full, 26 dimensions of space-time, the large inner circle with 18 parts of sectors denoting the 18 string space-time dimensions, the circle with two parts of sectors denoting the two large-scale, transverse dimensions and the two other circles with six parts of sectors denoting the six compactified, transverse dimensions predicted by superstring theory:
26 = 8 + 18,
where
8 = 2 (large-scale) + 6 (compactified).

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   

I believe that the crop circle is depicting the full, 26 dimensions of space-time, the large inner circle with 18 parts of sectors denoting the 18 string space-time dimensions, the circle with two parts of sectors denoting the two large-scale, transverse dimensions and the two other circles with six parts of sectors denoting the six compactified, transverse dimensions predicted by superstring theory:
26 = 8 + 18,
where

Very, very interesting interpretation indeed. You may just be right about that.

Very exciting if you are.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

IMO all Man made Circles are crap an it shows, O an by the way 90% are "not" man made! less than 10% are!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by paradiselost333

Not me.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/551b78648f3f.jpg[/atsimg]

psychedelicadventure.blogspot.com...

The link above and video below show some very intricate designs that could only have been made overhead.

And yes DCCLARK is right, it's all about the ley lines. Start researching into this and you will see most of the paranormal phenomena occurs at the intersection points of ley lines.

In fact, as I was looking at my ley line map, the BP Oil Gusher (it was never a spill) occurred right on one of these points.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

Excellent link and post. I'm adding some of it here for the debunkers because they will not investigate.

Lucy Pringle reports “This event is especially noteworthy for several reasons; a pilot flying a light aircraft from Exeter to Thruxton flew over the field opposite Stonehenge at on the afternoon of Sunday 7 July with a passenger taking photographs, at which time the field opposite on the A303 was unmarked. The pilot disembarked at Thruxton, completed the necessary landing and flight forms, refuelled and then got back into the same plane to fly back to Exeter. Imagine his surprise on when flying over the same field opposite Stonehenge some 40 - 50 minutes later he observed an enormous formation measuring 915.2 X 508 ft imprinted in the wheat below. A gamekeeper and a guard at Stonehenge both confirmed that it had not been there that morning.

The formation was named the `Julia Set` as it represented a complex computer generated fractal image to the mathematicians; to musicians, a base clef, and to marine biologists the cross section of a nautilus.

Veteran researcher Colin Andrews tells me "The formation was first spotted from an aircraft at 6.15 PM. The pilot crossed over the field with a passenger (a medical doctor taking photographs) at 5.30pm”

There was nothing in the field at that time but “When the pilot returned at 6.15 PM he saw the formation in the field. “
www.lucypringle.co.uk...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/df3e7a31dcfc.jpg[/atsimg]

So this crop circle was done in 45 minutes.

I was raised on a farm. Impossible. Also this crop circle "The Julia" set was done I believe in 1996.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by DCDAVECLARKE
reply to post by micpsi

IMO all Man made Circles are crap an it shows, O an by the way 90% are "not" man made! less than 10% are!

I did not mean to suggest that they were all man-made. Your figures might be right - I have no means of checking them. Whether a given one is genuine or man-made, it is still important to decipher the meaning their makers intended for them. This is what I try to do.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

Yea man thats cool same here! i was only putting people strait about this
iv seen that someone put up a post saying that 90% were man made! an im saying the opposite is true!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

26 = 8 + 18,
where

Very, very interesting interpretation indeed. You may just be right about that.

Very exciting if you are.

Thanks. Yes, it would be exciting, as it would tend to point to non-human origin of crop circles, it not being plausible in my mind that croppies would have a professional knowledge of string theory! It seems to me that the only way of deciding whether a given interpretation is likely to be the "right one" is whether it explains ALL the features of a crop circle in a natural way. We can never be absolutely certain, so we have to make do with the "best" explanation. This is the one that explains the greatest number of features in a way that is free of ad hoc assumptions and arm-waiving arguments.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by DCDAVECLARKE
reply to post by micpsi

Yea man thats cool same here! i was only putting people strait about this
iv seen that someone put up a post saying that 90% were man made! an im saying the opposite is true!

Sure. You could well be right. One does not often see crop circles (at least in Wiltshire) with obvious imperfections and errors. If most were man-made at night, one would expect to see far more imperfections in them than actually occur! This feature is of course ignored by the debunkers.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

100% are man made.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

What does this mean?

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Ok, now i feel i should have looked up what a Hypercube is... but yeh, 4D is what i should have said....

thanks for the link...

And maybe this Tesseract shown here is a simple Method to a Propulsion system... I don't know how i reached this conclusion but....

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join