It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop circle - July 17th, 2010 - Hypercube

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I do find crop circles intruiging. But are there any evidence that any of them might not be constructed by man? I understand that there are unusual attributes to some of these phenomenon, but does this recant the notion that it's not man made?

Have we really got any evidence that it's made from anyone but ourselves? Every attribute that we've found in crop circles can be "replicated" by us, right? So why are this phenomenon not regarded as man-made?

[edit on 17/7/10 by Droogie]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Don't know where these crop circles come from, but the one in the OP is definitely very intricate and beautiful. If it is human made, well they should be taking credit for it because it's just amazingly done.

If the property owners/farmers didn't do these (depends where they are made obviously) and they popped up overnight then I do not have an explanation for them.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
These two appeared in respectively Italy and Switzerland (this year). Even if they're man-made, how much time, money and workers would it take?

[edit on 17-7-2010 by Mark_7_4]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Mark_7_4

I don't know if this site has the answers, but I'll provide it to you anyway.

Circle Makers

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I have to say man-made on this one. And I am pissed about it!!!

I dont mean to insult or hurt anyone's hopes and beliefs, but I think that crop cricles have now been turned into an 'art' that practical joker smart asses ( who like to get attention / a rise out of people ) have hijacked.

I think we should call somewhat of a boycott of crop circles to discourage this hoaxing by said jackasses. No complimenting or trying to find 'messages' in said 'art'... Because when a message of sorts is actually trying to be conveyed- nobody will believe it due to these idiots and it pisses me off that this 'once-phenomena' has been turned into something so cheap -no I don't care if it's considered beautiful or not.

I am not mad at the ones that want to believe because I want to believe I am mad at said jackasses that get a yuck (bragging on forums as was pointed out in one of these threads before ) and a buck ( via helicopter rides ) at the world's expense.

Start the witch hunt... yeah I am very pissed about this still and need to take it easy ... hopefully that lets you know of my once passion for this 'once-phenomena'.

Do some in-depth research away from the 'love and light' websites- Doesn't mean you don't have to strive to make the world a better place or stop bettering yourself- it's just lots of you are being fooled and you are becoming complacent in believing "its a mystery" and it makes me hate these hoaxers even more.

edit: to the other skeptics - see what I just did? I just told these people it was a hoax and they were being fooled WHILE remaining polite and not insulting anyone here.
- More people will be enlightened this way due to not being stubborn due to being insulted. LEARN FROM IT!!! You are apart of the problem!!!

[edit on 17-7-2010 by EminenceofAeon]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Sorry if this has already been posted before, but the design, aka "hypercube" made me think instantly of this video where Carl Sagan explains the 4th dimension.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
We know that hoaxers use boards to make fake crop circles, this technique leaves a "fingerprint" artifact in the form of grooves and ridges that can be seen clearly in aerial views. In this crop circle we can see them everywhere. To ignore visual data of this type is like putting on blinders to avoid seeing truth, you will not see what you don't want to see, but the observers around you will plainly see that you are intentionally blinding yourself to the obvious.

Wikipedia entry

Critical thinking involves determining the meaning and significance of what is observed or expressed, or, concerning a given inference or argument, determining whether there is adequate justification to accept the conclusion as true.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
UFO reserchers watch these fields with camers and infared, why don't they watch with Doppler radar? There's something out there doing this and we just can't see it. I'm a crop farmer and if some # (anyone/anything) did this to my crops i would catch the perp with any means possible!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
The weird thing is that the people from the circle maker-group, who make some of these circles, say they do it because of the strange things that happen when they're in the field (lights, etc.), they told Colin Andrews this.
Then of course there was this very strange and interesting story as reported by a police sergeant last year (see link for full story):

www.colinandrews.net...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Stunning design
Makes me proud to be a hardcore believer!

I doubt people make these.... No fricking way.

And i also doubt chinese lanterns make these as well. I meen comon people, look at this..... Look how the light reflects off the different angles. Its more of a 3d image than some crappy flat design.

Amazing S&F

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Master Shen long

Oh, dear.... :shk:

Look how the light reflects off the different angles.

If it is that easy to fool someone, then there is no way to explain it to them, is there??

I mean, if someone doesn't understand angle of sunlight (above horizon), and shadows on angles, then there is little hope of explaining it here, without more pictures to demonstrate...and I just can't be bothered, in this case, maybe someone else will take it?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by paradiselost333

Lets make that, very TALL humans with boards. With the perfection and accuracy! By very tall, I mean, three stories.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by zatara
And what is the local police doing to help the farmers catching thse vandalists?...What is the UK government doing to protect their citizens from ....'foreign' forces?

I usually ask those questions too. People are illegally trespassing private land, destroying private property and causing some upstir. For decades.
Sometimes farmers are so angry they instanly destroy the designs when they discover them and they are not so gentle with the CC admirer that is trying to access the field. Others buy expensive alarm systems to protect their fields and crop.

But it's not of concern for the police apparently... It should be easy to investigate though. It's a long planning, many people involved, travelling by night in the quiet country, always the same areas, sometimes the very same fields. At some point, someone would talk and give it away. They are only artists after all, not the badass guy hard to break.

The only man arrested I've heard about is Matthew Williams ten years ago, too long a story. And then there was this farmer arrest

Well, not that funny actually...

Maybe it's simply the helicopter pilot guy that is bribing the local police office not to investigate. And he is giving compensations to the farmers too so they shut up. All this and charging only £85 by person, it's a genius entrepreneur. He should drop his business and give courses. Less hassle, less dependant on outside factors and revenue all-year long.

I don't believe in the UFO origin of CC but that they are all man made is not a satisfying explanation to me.
I admit I have no clue what's going on. Admitting ignorance, not a popular trend.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Another crop circle? Looks like the cube is one of the the missing corner to a previous crop circle with crosses.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by RING0

Yes exactly! "Fingerprints' ALL OVER from the tools they used.

Here is the most obivous one:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

You can see that humans needed to first create a simple circle by pivoting around an axis with a rope or string in order to mark the points of their hexagon.

This is obviously another man-made p.o.s.

They need to hurry up and make more crop circles for the up comming Crop Circle Confrence in August, which includes helicopter tours of crop circles that don't exist yet.

This is pathetic. Boycott crop circles! These hoaxers are profiting off the gullible.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
HMMM, I bet that this was a maze of some sort. We do this kind of stuff in MINNESOTA. Mazes of corn. FIND YOUR WAY OUT.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by XxiTzYoMasterxX

Wow, the video gave me chill bumps! Has this one been debunked?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f47a6a81e79f.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1434b4d7971b.png[/atsimg]

Q-bert had some free time and may have had the technical know how to pull it off...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
It is a lovely crop circle. As someone mentioned, pilots are making good money showing people these things. It's possible that they have someone do the artwork so they can be paid to fly over it. If the pilots are making enough money, they would pay artists to do it. And what a kick for them! Laughing so hard, and making good money. Plus, they put a lot of research and thought into these works. Cereal grains are a legitimate medium for artists.

Are all crop circles are made by artists? Maybe not. Some may be the result of other unknown phenomena, or non-human artists.

I suggest a Crop Circle Olympics, with artists working at night, timed, and videotaped, and then we will see what is humanly possible.

Now that would be a kick!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by nite owl

Mazes of corn. FIND YOUR WAY OUT.

Yes, there was also a maze in a Harry Potter book and movie...

Difference is, these crops aren't as tall as corn. So unless you're only two and a half feet tall, you could easily find your way.....

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join