It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop circle - July 17th, 2010 - Hypercube

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Thanks for pointing this out.

However, still does not answer the question about

Recognition - WHY would someone ( or group) make it without claiming any credit for most of the circles? Assuming its the work of more than one person ( some circles have come up in a few hours) all the makers are bound by oaths of secrecy so strong that omerta of the mafia looks like kindergarten stuff?

Not trying to be sarcastic, just extremely puzzled....no one has come forward in all these years to claim credit for 90% of the circles??

Money - Guided tours for all the circles? Nope, havent come across that.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Charismagic

I think this post best answers your question.

The doco is worth a watch!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Maybe the 'makers' get bored buzzing defence installations and have some fun by creating their version of grafitti on the fields?

They are actually a group of aliens called "TEASERS". They fly around making pretty patterns to tease the scientist trying to figure out the crop-circles, then they sit back & laugh at the humans.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

Now thats a new perspective!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Hey Chad, thanks for the link....went through it, but still cant wrap my open mind around a couple of things...

Art, anonynous art, without credit has never been the norm of mankind...I guess even the cave painters would, if they could, leave signs saying Thor was here!

Another thing is the anomalies which have never been explained. And just to pre empt a Q, lots of them if you look them up.

Thanks again, but still keeping an open mind on this one...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
It looks like the makers of these are gettn sloppy.
the outside lines of the cube are not strait..Hmm

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Are yea trying to tell me that 90% of the circles are man made?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

post by DCDAVECLARKE[/url]
Manmade, most, most certainly not!

Man can land and control machines on other planets, manufacture space stations, build massive single span bridges, huge ocean liners, cathedrals, pyramids, walls thousands of miles long and sculpt blocks of solid marble into perfect human forms, but man can't stomp a pattern into a field of corn?!!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Man made.
good for tourism/trade,pop down the local pub
and you may just pick up on who is behind them.

though i guess the artists may love to say. they cant admit
as they would be locked up because it's illegal you see.

and dont forget poor old farmer giles will be at the gate to
greet you with his donation box for a walk in his field...maybe.

i do have other possibilities but this is my sure bet.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

So, if this one isn't man made, why did they have to make a circle first to use as a template?

Or are you just going to conveniently ignore that?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

So, if this one isn't man made, why did they have to make a circle first to use as a template?

Why would that be necessarily a suspicious sign that it was made by humans? Perhaps aliens, too, need a template sometimes,
Never thought of that, I guess

The problem with debunkers is that that they see in the evidence only what they want to believe.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Why do people create these? Because of the discussions, just like this. Why these designs? Because they are not idiots. They come to these sights, they read conspiracy theories, and they try to make the most puzzling, conspiracy-ridden designs they can, to generate the most buzz. Some do it for profit on the side, this is great advertisement.

The only crop circle I thought was valid, was one I read about years ago. A simple small circle, on a farm FAR from even any major roads. Just an old couple who saw lights the night before, and found the imprint the following day. They were able to take positive readings, and the couple did not want attention, or anything out of this. That.. was the single crop circle report, I consider to have some merit.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Iv met a couple of the guys who said they done the early circles in the 80ts
an thats all they were round circles an a bit bockety around the edge's, iv spent a lot of time in the South West of England an iv been to a few circles myself, iv meditated in the center of a few an the vibe is something else ,
iv chatted to a couple of farmers who just scratch there heads an cant understand who or how why they are there the next morning and during the night there dogs dont react as they normally would if someone was trouncing around the field at night! so imo something other than man is trowing shapes in that part of England's green an pleasant land..
pantherfile.uwm.edu...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

There is not a circle on the outside right? Only on the inside?

So what does the imply?

Means there was no need for the circle if they could make the outside without it!

Right?

My 0.02

[edit on 17-7-2010 by theability]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
From the farm: We have the technology available through GPS that if one was so inclined to make something that could look like a simple crop circle. Knowing that, one can surmise that there are not men with boards out tromping around in farmer's fields at 2 a.m. So that idea is passe. What is not passe is the knowledge that it is possible to design something on a computer and feed it into a computerized John Deere. However-- crop circles tend to have specific features (radiation variances, etc.) and patterns of growth that a computerized John Deere tractor cannot account for. I have to say it here-- If you were a more intelligent species visiting a different planet and you wanted to communicate -- but let's say you were non-carbon based or extremely different -- you would have to leave symbols of some sort right? If one studies over a period of time crop circles -- there is an eeriness that appeals to the brain -- that is unexplainable. If one studies the patterns a little further -- there is an intelligence that is both definite and tangential. Simply put, I look at crop circles like -- I am a human trying to help ants find food by laying out crumbs. I want to help the ants, but I do not speak ant. I speak from the experience of living and working on farms and on studying crop circles. I simply do not believe farmers have the inclination or energy to create designs in their fields and even if they did they would probably not make 3-dimensional mathmatical designs. Just saying.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanObanion

I've been thinking the same thing.... if a photo had been taken the night before via satellite or cctv then i'd have more impulse to say that this isn't man-made.... but as there is no proof of before shot then i can't say it isn't man-made.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by IvanObanion

I've been thinking the same thing.... if a photo had been taken the night before via satellite or cctv then i'd have more impulse to say that this isn't man-made.... but as there is no proof of before shot then i can't say it isn't man-made.

Amazing, isn't it, that teams of people can tramp into farmers' pristine fields in the middle of the pitch black night, create 500 ft wide complex formations that require walking back and forth many times over the same area, and then their leaving by the same route WITHOUT MAKING ANY FOOTPRINTS IN THE TRAM LINES, WITHOUT ANY FOOTPRINTS BEING LEFT IN RAIN-SODDEN SOIL INSIDE THE CROP CIRCLE, WITHOUT ANY SIGN OF CRUSHED STALKS OR DAMAGE OUTSIDE THE PERIMETER OF CROP CIRCLES AND WITHOUT ACRES OF DOWNED STALKS BEING SPLIT OR BROKEN INSIDE THEM.

I guess they must either all use helicopters or be capable of suspending the law of gravity for a few hours.

When some of you can get real, it will be worth discussing the phenomenon of crop circles with you. Until then, raise all the puerile arm chair objections you like to justify your skepticism and sleep happy with the thought that they are as weak as wet tissue paper.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

You have to be dumb not to understand the time cube.
Duh!

[edit on 17-7-2010 by beholdblight]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

That says it all!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Earth Art (Wiki link)
There was a strong movement in North America (and which probably had very strong ties to Britian) called Earth art. If you look at all of their basic tenents it totally lays the groundwork for crop circles as art - it fits into all of their basic tenents and ideologies. It s easy to see crop circles as a (post) modern continuation of earth art, probably with the added goal of "re-enchantment" as a therapy for desentsitized modern lifestyles.

The lack of taking credit is certainly not the norm but the tendency in earth art was towards ephermeral or temporary at times, taken further and combined with certain ideals related to outsider art, graffitti etc. then anonymity could be seen as a romantic ideal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join