It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange aircraft pictures

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
book your ticket now for a ride on one of these babies.If someone can embed these it would be appreciated
www.wonderfulinfo.com...

[edit on 17-7-2010 by 12voltz]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Wow.

Some of these look amazing, and some even look like they should be physically impossible to fly

Didn't realise aircraft can come in such peculiar shapes.

Thanks for posting

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

12voltz.....

Obviously it's all total BS.....

But's lots of fun!

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

I think almost all of these pictures are fakes. The i can see two might not be, but then again I have never seen anything that looks like them.

With that said they are amazing fakes and look really good, I like the one that’s got like 3 floors to it, I might be wrong but i think its a A 330 that’s been edited with a third floor.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Im pretty positive none of them are real, but they are entertaining and well made.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by CREAM]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

I don't just "think" they're all "fakes"....

I think almost all of these pictures are fakes.

...I KNOW they are all "photoshop" jobby jobs...
~~~
(Making a change, on second look. The B-747 with the "hump back"?? That is real. It is designed specifically to transport airframe components for the upcoming B-787. See here, and read about it.
~~~
(I ran across those SAME pictures on another website last week , whilst searching for something else...looked, laughed, then moved on...they were presented AS a tongue-in-cheek project, it was obvious. Too bad I don't remember that link...)

[edit on 17 July 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
They all look pretty funny but the 5th one from the bottom looked pretty awesome.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ohsnaptruth

Fifth from bottom, and the one ON the bottom...same sort of imaginary "craft"....same mash-ups, different angles and liveries...

Really, in today's world, photographs that aren't known and sourced exactly will always be subject to greater scrutiny.

Just look at the motion picture industry to see why....

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Obviously most are fakes but some pretty way out designs that could possibly work ,just have to find someone crazy enough to fly them!
8th from the top looks similar to an actual design from German WW2 manufacturer Arado who were ahead of their time with many futuristic designs
www.luft46.com...
www.vectorsite.net...
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 17-7-2010 by 12voltz]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
LOL these are quite funny, the one with the engine in place of the cockpit made me laugh!
Quite a hilarious find really, but surely you couldn;t believe they were real!?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by PeaceUk

No its obviously photoshop but the one you mention would have some serious grunt,i'm talking vertical climb into the stratosphere.some of these would make great R/c models

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
oh jeez guys. lighen up. theyre obviously not real, except one weedwhacker pointed out. but they were put up cause theyre cool right?

One of them kinda reminds me of some spacecraft from scientific american or something.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
ewwwww. i want one....

or two...sweet...

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by shiman

Yes that is why they were posted because they look good and whoever did them has a great imagination.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

You might be able to get one of these or at least the plans from Arado here is a link to what they were going to build.
www.luft46.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Wow, photoshopped models I am sure but way cool! My favorite is the 4th one down in blue. Would love to own a proto type of one of these before its manufactured.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
ewwwww. i want one....

or two...sweet...

Thats the one!

Kinda mimics the shape of a ship i once drew. Also saw a drawing of that in sci am.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Nah, they are all real. Me and my boys stole a few of them when we broke into Area 51 a couple of weeks ago.

I sold them all to my Uncle Monte, who got drunk and wrecked all of them on a bender the first night he had them.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
There is one real plane in the bunch -- the Boeing 747-400 Large Cargo Freighter (the one that says "Dreamliner Express" on the tail's vertical stabilizer).

Boeing built it (and three other similar planes) to transport large pieces of its new 787 Dreamliner. They are calling the Cargo Freighter the "Dreamlifter".

Boeing Dreamlifter

Wikipedia - Boeing 747 Large Cargo Freighter

This is similar to Aibus' "Beluga", which was also originally designed exclusively to carry large parts of the Airbus 380:

Wikipedia - Airbus Beluga

Airbus Beluga Brochure

..and don't forget NASA's "Super Guppy" used to transport large spacecraft pieces, parts of the space station, etc:

Super Guppy

Super Guppy Restoration Project

[edit on 7/26/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Yes, I agree.... www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks for fleshing it out, with a lot more info!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join