It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satellite Imagery of Possible Large Methane Blowouts !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Hello ATS...

Take a look at these two images and tell me they arent a match - for two distinct days! the first shot on July 8, and the second shot on July 10...

That image is located roughly 70 miles off the Western Coast of Florida. About halfway up the peninsula, and not fully towards the panhandle, as Cuba can be seen in these images.

It appears that a rift has opened up comming due west and goes right into the coast of Florida.

I've compared images of that region for both july 8th and july 10th. the fan of whitish materials is seen in both images!!!

That has to be a rent in the seafloor at roughly 45 degrees in angle. Methane is rupturing out from it at around 40,000 psi, and as can be seen, pushing a large dark cloud of black oil in fron of it's stream!

Here are the two pictures I compared...

July 08, 2010 CSTARS Satellite Feed:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4c56e0208295.jpg[/atsimg]

Notice the limited amount of oil and the clarity of the water? notice the white frothy section just to the left of what has been exposed as the massive hole in the seafloor?

HERE'S WHAT IT LOOKED LIKE JUST TWO DAYS LATER

July 10, 2010 CSTARS Satelite Feed:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/778bcf08b5e5.jpg[/atsimg]

Observe!

1. Same white frothy pattern still exists in same location, This means that there is a super massive Methane leake that is leaking it's supersonic methane jet at 40 to 60,000 PSI right towards the state of Florida.
  2. Observe the amount of black oil that is being pushed out ahead of this jet towards the coast of Florida!
  3. Observe the other, almost perfectly round formations of white frothy eruptions occurring along what appears to be a rift that has developed
  4. Observe the absolutely circular eruption of methane occurring just east of the original whaite frothy structure ( that aint no jpeg anomaly )
  5. In just TWO DAYS, observe how black the waters in the newer photograph are, which appear to be billowing out from that secondary methane eruption!

I don't know for sure this is what I'm realy seeing here, however it sure does look real enough to me! Please let me know this isn't TRUE!!!...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
You mention that the methane is coming out at that PSI, but how do you know it is methane and the pressure it is coming out at?

The pictures are very interesting though and I prefer your other thread on this better as it has the other photos.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
That's a plum,e that's shooting roughly 50 miles!!

The BOP was said to have had pressures at those levels... I applied those pressures to this Methane emission as it should remain equivocally the same.

now the images are showing several Methane emissions!

[edit to correct spelling]

[edit on 7/17/2010 by Megiddodiddo]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Are there any more current photos to compare with these? It is very interesting to see.

I've been trying to see pictures of the entire oil spill ro see where all its at now. The one you posted in the other thread was a real shocker for me. I didn't realize the oil had gone so far south.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
those are islands, look at the colour images on the like of google maps, they are the small islands of Key West.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Closeup shot of the blowout 7/14

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f346e4fe6b20.jpg[/atsimg]

Long view image of the location (WOW - look how black it is now!!) 7/14

(observe several blowout rings amongst black water towards far right of image)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3da2ab378386.jpg[/atsimg]

Here is a map of florida people. the red X marks the location of the blowout - clearly there are no islands there! the keys extend out from the southern tip of Florida towards Cuba...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6149ec1340b6.jpg[/atsimg]

Anyone else have any info on this?! If you have ability, can you please ask about this of your connections? PLEASE?!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
when you say X is the location of the blow out, do you mean the meathane leak you are suggesting is there or the actual site of the oil leak. Beacause if it is the latter you are quite a bit of.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
when you say X is the location of the blow out, do you mean the meathane leak you are suggesting is there or the actual site of the oil leak. Beacause if it is the latter you are quite a bit of. (from shmo5)

I believe he means the meathane leak. But a marker where the original oil leak would be a good idea to give a point of referance. Star an Flag to the OP.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Megiddodiddo

The BOP was said to have had pressures at those levels... I applied those pressures to this Methane emission as it should remain equivically the same.

"equivically". What is that??? That word is about as real as the conclusion of the OP. BTW, the BOP pressures are about 6700 psi.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

by my calculations (google earth ruler tool) the actual leak is about 300 miles away.

Also the place where it has been marked as methane bubbles on the fist page must be about the area of the keys. Because on the first post photos the op states that cuba can be seen in one of the photos and then points to the first bits of white above cuba and identifies them as the bubbles which should (if my geography is correct) be the Keys.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by shmo5]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net... does this have any relation to your image i saw this on rov cam sorry still learning how to post

[edit on 17-7-2010 by thesoundofbass]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Maybe this will you guys...I don't know how to include links, but Just Mike posted a link that contains Halliburtons "Production Design Casing Report" of 18 APR 2010 that was finally released...

Well Location Lat 28.738138 Long -88.365944

Ektar

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I think its more likely that its from fire. Im not sure if the oil trail has been set alight (havent been paying attention last week or so), but if it is, Its a sure bet that this is smoke. Ive seen it hundreds of times on our own satellite imagery.

By the way, if it were methane gas on an infrared satellite image, then the cloud plume should be bright white (unless its a reverse colour image), as I think methane exists at a cold temperature. And, as methane is a colourless gas, it shouldnt be visible, on vis satellite imagery

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Last weekend I remember reading of a group of people sailing about

four miles off shore from Port Charlotte, Florida into the Gulf of Mexico.

They experienced Westerly winds with burning eyes and were having difficulty in breathing.

They had to turn back quickly under sail and using their on board

motor to leave out of the area. This is very close to the longitude running

East and West from the red X indicated on the map between Venice

Beach and Sarasota which is close to Port Charlotte, Fl.

Venice Beach, Fl. is our favorite beach because there are less people

using the beaches and because of the blue green waters. ^Y^

[edit on 17-7-2010 by amari]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Sorry for not getting back with you guys sooner on your questions, I had to get some rest...

The X marks the location off of the Florida coastline where the CSTARS Satellite Images appear to be revealing Methane blowouts from ruptures, and a possible large seafloor hole - most likely the one that Matt Simmons is referring to.

Something out there is clearly releasing these gases and oil as the Cap Test has failed to produce the 9000 PSI desired. Now we have Obama telling everyone that the cap will have to be removed...

That indicates that the Cap Pressure did indeed cause the seafloor to begin to rupture!

I remember someone here on ATS posted a link to a UI graphic that gave data on the direction of oil flow given a certain set period of time. When I went and looked at this interactive graph, I punched in the start and stop dates and when it enumerated the request I was shocked to actually see the start and stop points for TWO oil leaks, the main one from the BOP off the LA coast, and a smallerone - which pretty much was located where this event seems to be occurring.

OZ, You actually might be right about the smoke, as it is a conically shaped white something or the other. the sheer distance this thing encompasses means that it's huge, whatever it may be. It's been there now - according to satellite images, for roughly 7 days now!

Satellite shows it appearing in unspoiled waters around the 8th. Here it is the 16th... and the area is a mess... even revealing other circularly shaped blowouts from additional rents in the seafloor

As the imagery that I provided clearly shows an indication of...

however I don't think it's smoke, as the patterns emitted from the source out towards the array's end appear to have the same bubbling pattern that soap bubbles would have - so I tend to think this may be a release of high pressure gases through a crack in the sea floor that has occulted at a 45 degree angle of inclusion.

I wish Phage would chime up on this or something lmao...

PHHAAAAAAAAGGGEEE!!!!! =
=

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Granted that - however I believe we are witnessing the effects said methane is having upon water - via water displacement caused by the outgassing of these methane leaks. If indeed this is Methane Hydrates that are beginning to outgas, then I'm in agreement with you on the item appearing bright white within the imagery... with one possible exception:

The oil gusshing through these ruptures may be too dense in volume to be able to penetrate via IR to even see the Methane signatures at this point.

Look how black the images got in just two days!!

That's alot of pressure, and alot of movement - of a very large volume of densly packaged material.

Something big is moving and shaking things around in that location - it's pretty obvious...

Unfortunately, i've had to resize these images to get them to post here within the forum, which infortunately doesn't do this post justice. One image in particular I'd like to bring everyone's attention to is this one that I will directly link to here:

If you observe the whitish formation, it's very apparent that it is indeed pushing a rather sizeable amount of black oil outwards in front of it! so it must be something within the waters that is moving this black oil outwards in the front of it and shaping the oil into a shape conforming to it's flow pattern!

Secondly, if you observe the rounded appearance of what looks like another large release of Methane gas which exists just to the west of that large one I claim is outgasing at a 45 degree angle, it also appears that a rather large mass of oil is appearing from that point as well, flowing in two separate plumes away from that point...

Please refer to the imagery I linked here and see for yourself if indeed my observations are indeed correct.

Thanks for your posts, I'd like to be proven wrong on this but I just don't see that happening...

Possibilities are endless however lol... PHAGE might help... =
=

i'm gonna request Commissioner Gordon light up the Phage Beacon - He should be along shortly after that...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
If your speculations are even close to the truth, this means several things.

#1 We the human race, are screwed lol
#2 They are covering it up because there is no way to miss something like that.

However I would ask that we look over several dozen other photographs from relevant dates so that we can gain a bigger picture of what may be going on here.

If there are truly blowouts in the last week causing this, than this is a very messed up event.

Compare the photo of July 8 to July 10th, it's ridiculous. Looks like the "Gulf situation" just got way way worse in only a few days...Hopefully I am just ignorant and misinterpreting the photographs, and that is why I wanted to view photos from days Prior and After the July 10th photo shown above.

Let us just hope it is fire like OzWeatherman thinks.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Hi muzzleflash! thanks for posting, it's great to see you again, as I havent seen ya in awhile lol.

Indeed, your observations on this are EXACTLY my own. If what I am seeing here is correct. and the evidence appears that it is - we are looking at Methane Armageddon....

Like I brought out in my earlier post, Obama has indicated this morning that the cap was going to have to be removed... which is a sure indicator that the sea floor has ruptured and they are releasing the pressure to prevent a total blowout of the entire region...

God Help Us All at this point, if this is the case!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4nsicphd

Originally posted by Megiddodiddo

The BOP was said to have had pressures at those levels... I applied those pressures to this Methane emission as it should remain equivically the same.

"equivically". What is that??? That word is about as real as the conclusion of the OP. BTW, the BOP pressures are about 6700 psi.

Spoken like a true troll...

I corrected the one letter mispelling of the word - "Equivocally" - you at this point will have to figure it out on your own, that is, if you understand English.

Pertaining to your snide remark about this post, feel free to step away from the plate if the taste isnt to your liking...

but understand that trolling is against the COC here on ATS... nough said!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
i asked this in your other thread...

but how am i supposed to even know these images are legit?

where are they from?

please pardon my foolish question

top topics

<<   2 >>

join