It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Untold Story About Eric Clapton, the song 'Layla' and its Real Message!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Tinkertrain

Its nice to see that some people know what they are talking about and not run off repeating silly urban legends...

LOL, I never know what I am talking about. It just seems that way!

As for the "silly urban legends" I found it to be quite entertaining!

Whenever I read (most anything) I take the stance of: "This is fiction, until proven otherwise."

That way I can ALWAYS enjoy what I am reading.

Also, what works for me doesn't work for others

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

It was a joke.

How would I know who "they" are?! They most likely don't exist.

You must be one of "them!"
Again.. Joke.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
A pretty odd story, but nothing really to back it up.

Something I read recently about Clapton, was that he was the inspiration for the "Rock against Racism" concerts, after Clapton went on a rather wild rant.

Clapton told the crowd that England had "become overcrowded" and that they should vote for Powell to stop Britain from becoming "a black colony." Clapton told the audience that Britain should "get the foreigners out, get the wogs out, get the coons out" and then repeatedly shouted the National Front slogan "Keep Britain White."

en.wikipedia.org...

It seems fairly well established that this happened, and that Clapton stands by his comments.

The National Front he was shouting the slogan of are said to be aligned with neo-Nazis

en.wikipedia.org...

So maybe he was involved in the Nazism? Maybe, as the story says, he was working undercover, and that's why he had to make the racist rant?

[edit on 17/7/2010 by harpsounds]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
As many of you Slowhand lovers might know, some songs Eric performed were written by JJ Cale. After midnight and Cocaine are 2 of them.
I wonder when some freaked out lunatic starts to see a conspiracy in this song written and performed by JJ Cale:

Well, the river runs deep and the water is cold as ice
The river runs deep and the water is cold as ice
I go down there every chance I get
It's where my baby she met her death
And the river runs deep and the water's cold as ice

Ain't no woman gonna make a fool out of me
Ain't no woman gonna make a fool out of me

Running 'round, that's what they said She's at the bottom of the river dead

No cheating woman gonna get a good man down
No cheating woman gonna get a good man down

Running 'round like a silly fool
You're gonna end up at the bottom of the pool

[edit on 17-7-2010 by Regenstorm]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by harpsounds

Wow i dident know that, an Bowie aswell! mind you England was going through a weird time in 1976, what with the hot summer an in west london were i was living at the time the vibe with the black community was lets say a bit on the strained side, the carnival in notting hill gate at the time was a time bomb ready to explode i know because i lived in the hart of it!
so there was a lot of bad vibes between the blacks an whites then!
thanks for the links yea learn a little every day!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by harpsounds

I have heard that before somewhere but can't find another source.

And indeed it was rumoured that Bowie had right wing and Nationalist leanings too.

All of this is amazing when considering the musical roots of Clapton and some of the musicians he has worked with.
And Bowie has also worked with many musicians from all over the world and imdeed his wife is Somalian.

[edit on 18/7/10 by Freeborn]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
This thread is opening up now!
Freemasons and the Illuminati is 2 very sinister organisations. There is a lot of proof that freemasons and illuminati was involved in the music industry in the 60s and 70s(and they still are) you can find their symbols on the records if you dig through someones old LP record collection.

If an artist don't do as they want they will kill them and thats what happened to Jimi Hendrix any many other artists in the 60s and 70s.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Heh, I dunno about the Freemasons and the Illuminati being involved with Hendrix's death, but there was something amiss with his death that's for sure...

The Jimi Hendrix Murder Conspiracy

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
Tears In Heaven, now that's a song that should be analysed on a website like ATS!

I believe (although can't find evidence for the fact) that it was to do with the untimely death of his child (Conor) caused by falling out of a window, irc in New York.

He was born very closeby to me in Ripley, Surrey (1, The Green), and I had seen him around in our Village in the past, using our local Butchers (I understand he was a very pleasant chap) - just to do my little bit of name dropping!

EDIT: en.wikipedia.org...

EDIT: By strange dint of fate one of his albums "Reptile" was so named as it's a local term of endearment, that adds yet another dimension to this story...

[edit on 18/7/10 by chukka]

[edit on 18/7/10 by chukka]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Im realy into other dimension's to this story anymore?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
For the record, Hunter-Pitts has never said which song she refers to.

Just saying.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

Ms. Boyd and Mr Clapton had a fight too, and he wrote another song for her:

"Wonderful Tonight."

I remember having heard an interview where clapton claimed he wrote"Wonderful Tonight" Because he was so agrivated with her always taking so long to get dressed and ready to go out..

He wrote it sarcastically and would say you look wonderful tonight when she would take hours trying on differant outfits asking him"how does this look."

en.wikipedia.org...

Ill add the interview where he mentions its not a love song when i find it possibly it was on Howard Stern.

If that is the case then to me it makes that song 1000x better

~meathead

[edit on 18-7-2010 by Mike Stivic]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Rock Expose arguing that Robert Johnson sold his soul to the Devil in exchange for guitar playing powers.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join