It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a widow with a gps system, just a story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I'm posting this in skunk works,
this is nothing of importance, just a (bit funny) story I'd like to share.

As I wrote before, my father died of cancer back in february.
My mother is slowly picking up her life again.

Last month she bought a gps system for her car, a simple one since she doesn't know how to use the 'modern' technologies very well.. but she's learning :p
So last weekend she programmed her gps to drive her to a place, south of where she lives. Very soon she noticed that the system was guiding her in an entire different direction, north instead of south. At this point she still doubted so she decided to follow the directions of the gps system. About 20 min later she crossed the border and drove into holland, lol.

Still following the gps, it led her to a familliar road: the one that leads to a vacation spot where she and my father used to go to every year when they first got married. When she realized that she stopped the car on the side of the road and started crying.
After a while she turned the car around and the gps started to re-calculate it's route, without her touching anything... about two hours later she finally got where she was supposed to be.

She is convinced that something higher was at work here....
or was this just one hell of a coincidence?
As for me, I just laughed hard when she told me this and I thought to myself "dad, you did it again!"

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
There might be something your dad wants her to see. Go there with her.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Skid Mark

I'm not sure about that, the place has completely changed since they last went there, it's nothing like it used to be.
Maybe he's just letting her know he's still around.

just to make sure, we checked the gps and looked into the places she programmed into it. There was no adres out of the country.

I don't get it, there still are people who say this is all a coincidence. If the gsp had a mallfuction it could have picked an unlimited amount of adresses, but it didn't, it picked this one.

join