It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wish there was a website that let you:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Exchange books and things where you could trade with others without giving them your address information. The website would act as a broker of the addresses and people would connect through usernames. It would be a way for people on forums to mail eachother things w/o giving up their addresses and other personal info (except to the website who would be bound by law to protect the info). Sure there are barter websites and places you can get things for really cheap. But you always have to give your address to the person you are bartering with. There are a few times a year I wish I could send a fellow ATS'er a book or something of basically low value. I just want to introduce the idea, there is no way I can do this, but I want to see it done. A barter site where the two bartering don't have to give eachother their addresses, and the site acts as the middleman - receiving and resending the package.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by Novise]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Novise

That is a great idea...

I have so many books I have read I would love to share...

Why not start one?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I simply don't have the ability. There's not much I can provide other than the idea. It gets to be too much after everything is taken into account. That's why I wanted to publicly release the idea, cause I think it would be great for the net and sites like this, and lots of forums where people want to maintain basic anonymity but still be more connected to eachother.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Novise

I may be able to start one..

Would you mind if I looked into "stealing" your idea?

There are a number of "stores" that specialize in trading books, but I think an online source would be cool...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

It's officially and totally fine for you to take my idea how ever far you want to.

It really could work, if it catches on. There are a lot of legitimate reasons for someone to want to keep their address info secure and yet wanting to mail with others on a forum.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Novise

I agree..

I will look into this tomorrow and keep you updated...

join