It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New film "Sorcerer's Apprentice" said to be cursed. What do you think of movie "curses" (i.e Po

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Has anyone seen the film? It's something you may find interesting:

"Just 48 hours earlier, two pedestrians were injured in another accident involving "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" in the Times Square area of Manhattan.

The two crashes have some people in the notoriously superstitious movie industry speculating that the film could be cursed."

www.telegraph.co.uk...

What are your thoughts on movie curses in general? Do you think there is something to them or is it all just a coincidence? I think the Poltergeist "curse" is REALLY freaky, because actual human skeletons were used in the first film.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
are you sure you don't mean "accursed"? Because to me that pretty much describes anything with Nicholas Cage or John Travolta in it. Unfortunately, John Cusack is about to make his way onto the same list, in my book anyway. But yes, this movie is "accursed" as are all movies starring Nicholas Cage or Nicholas Kim Coppola, which translates from his mother tongue roughly as "hack."

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by HarmonicNights

What are your thoughts on movie curses in general? Do you think there is something to them or is it all just a coincidence?

I think they're crap!

IRM

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I think a little bit of coincidence and a little bit of negligence, but no imprecation. The second crash was unfortunate, but I think the first could have been avoided if caution were taken.

The incident comes after a stunt driver for the film lost control of a Ferrari during the shooting of a high-speed chase scene on Monday morning, injuring two pedestrians when the car smashed into the pavement and knocked down a lamp-post in front of a fast food restaurant.

Perhaps even both if filming the scenes caused a distraction.

I've heard of the Poltergeist curse. And there is the Superman curse as well.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
movies are half human love, and half illuminati manip, actually they're connected but i won't go there, think of how many decades, centuries we've had of fornication and breeding to produce children along the lines of romanticism and spoon fed ideals? no coincidence that a movie now or then will jump into the minds of "innocent" viewers and become real life poltergeists. ideas become real when catored to enough. in the case of satan's influence, theres only no escape, you either take his mark or see it and pray for the next man. r.i.p. beverly hills ninja.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by thaknobodi
movies are half human love, and half illuminati manip, actually they're connected but i won't go there, think of how many decades, centuries we've had of fornication and breeding to produce children along the lines of romanticism and spoon fed ideals?

Your post brings an old video from Steve Willner to mind:

I still have trouble making sense of some of his connections, but they are entertaining and some themes recur enough to make one wonder.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I think there is a much much more simpler explanation with this...as well as every other hollywood summer blockbuster.

When movies are made large amounts of money is invested from many different investors. A lot of them private. The pressure on the studio exec's is overwhelming. When you have 10-15 different people investing $10 million here, $1-2 million there, and so on and so on, your phone is going to ring daily with these people breathing down your neck. "How's the project going"? "When should I expect to see some returns?" "I don't want to loose a single penny!" "Cuss cuss cuss cuss". You get the picture.

Lots of money from lots of different sources is at stake here. Most studios never put out their own money to create movies. That's a widely used business principle. "Get rich off other people's money".

So, when this happens they are under lots of pressure to succeed. So, how do you make sure the movie succeeds? How do you make sure the movie makes as much money possible and pleasing all of the investors along with yourself so you can do it again and again and again. You advertise.

Advertise is the first step. After all, who's going to watch a movie that they didn't know was even playing? You must advertise. But advertising is expensive. Very expensive. Talk about eating up profit. But it does work...about 50% of the time.

So what cover's the other 50% of getting a$$es in seats? Word of mouth. How many times have you went and seen a movie because your family or friends said it was great? No advertising in the world would have gotten you in that theater until you heard a family/friend approval. This one covers a large percentage of ticket sales. But the huge problem with this is, the studio obviously can't control this one. They have to, "hope".

So what can a studio/film company do to fill seats that won't cost money and get people interested, or a better way to put it is: How to touch people emotionally to gain interest without it costing a dime? My I introduce to you the power of Myth and Hype.

This is a powerful one. Create a story that the media will pick up on and you have done two things. You just got loads of free advertising and a bunch of people talking. And you saved money because it didn't cost you a penny.

Don't believe me? Ask yourself how often you hear of these things when a movie is being released. Or when a movie is two to three weeks out and ticket sales a declining. Just the other day there was a thread on here about some other movie were a man died in the theater. I can't count how many times Avatar pulled this stunt during it's box office reign. I remember reading one article about how the film caused depression. Come on. Don't buy that crap. It's hollywood propaganda aimed to sell tickets.

It's not just Hollywood either, it's the music industry to. Anytime a celeb is about to release an album you will almost ALWAYS here of them doing something stupid. Most people will say, "Gosh, I can't believe he or she did that" "what's wrong with them" "what are they thinking". I'll tell you what's wrong with them. Absolutely nothing. They are doing it to keep their name out there. No press is the only bad press. Bad press is great press. It gets your attention. Who cares if Madonna saved a dog from being put to sleep? Now, Madonna runs out into broad daylight naked to grab a coffee at Starbuck's mumbling to people, "I need coffee so I can poop". Then the world know's and is interested. When Madonna's name is on your mind (or any other star for that matter) you think about what they do. Then you think about their recent work. Then people think, "oh, I don't have that one yet, let me go buy it". You get the point.

Britany Spears. When she was getting all that press a few years back for being crazy, the world thought she was losing her mind. No she wasn't. She did every bit of it on purpose. During that time she released her last album.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
All this time people think society is being dumbed down because of celeb coverage and not real news. That's not the case at all. That's how they are tricking you. They want you to think society is being dumbed down. This charade hides the real agenda: To sell media. Why? Because all media outlets now are owned by so few, they are all connected in some way or another. So it benefits them in the long run. They don't want you knowing about this because you all have become so "smart" and figured out advertising. This is subversive advertising at it's finest. The whole time you think a celeb has gone nuts and they haven't.

From now on, pay attention. Everytime a musician is about to release an album watch the news for a few days. You will see or hear of them doing something. Some kind of crazy thing to get them attention. Usually it's something they say. It has to be offensive to so it does what?? What does offensive do? It touches peoples emotions. That way you won't forget it.

So next time a movie reports people are dying, getting depressed for watching it, cases of irritable bowel syndrome are being reported during "certain" scenes, or people getting up to go to the bathroom and never returning. Remember, all of these stories are to HYPE the film. I'm willing to bet you only 1% are true.

This is cheap advertising folks that WOW's people to stir up their emotions. When the news reports people getting killed while watching a movie, imagine how many teenagers want to go see it just for the thrill of, OOOOHHH, they might get killed!!!WOW". Think about it.

This is exactly whats happening everytime you hear about a celeb acting up, doing something stupid, or hear something off the wall about a moive.

Oh, remember Lady Gaga sitting in Seinfields Yankee stadium seat? That was just the other day, then Seinfeld reacts in the media. Remember that? Them two are hugging behind the scenes. Both got their names out and both gave people something to talk about, therefore keeping each other on people's minds. Remember the old Rap beefs? East vs West coasst? Record companies have admitted they created that to sell albums. Only problem with that was, it really did get out of hand. But 99% of this stuff is a put on, an act. That's what they are after all, Actors. Their managers concoct this stuff up. Free publicity under the guise of stupidity, along with many other things. Don't believe it, and don't let it work on you. Don't be fooled by this anymore. Nowadays, I get a kick out of watching it all and figuring out what they are really doing.

This has been going on since theaters first opened. Remember all the crazy stuff that happened when the Exorcist was out? It's just funny how this kind of thing "mysteriously" always tends to happen now isn't? HAHA.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by J.Son79]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Now, one more point i'd like to make is, is things do happen at movies. Yes, they really do. The media jumps on them also. Any little thing to get publicity. I'm not saying it's ALL made up, but most of it is. Just think about it: The Sorcerer's Apprentice, the film is "cursing" people. I'm almost willing to bet you will hear something in the media in the next few days about Inception causing some kind of weird something or another. Keep an eye open.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by HarmonicNights

I think all the latest movies are brainwashing.

We already have young people brainwashed by computers and cells - movies are step 3.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I think anyone who actually believes a movie is "cursed" is a retard, as in, they must have down syndrome.

They have to be really, really, really, stupid also. They are stupid, retarded individuals with undeveloped, stupid brains.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by thaknobodi

I definitely think an occultic group controls the entertainment industry. But what I wonder is for how long have they been using films and music to manipulate? Music and movies are so different now than in the past. It seems like movies changed more rapidly (as in seeming to become more occultic and manipulative at a quicker pace) than music. However, music seems to have been more "dumbed down" than movies in the long run.

Also, do you think by tampering with the skeletal remains of the deceased that they could have attracted "negative energy", so to speak? Or maybe angered the spirits?

[edit on 17-7-2010 by HarmonicNights]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Come on...you have to see through the marketing schemes to stay sane!

Saying a sorcerer movie is cursed is like a viral by itself.

Unbelievable...to market on-scene accidents as cursed!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Brings to mind the case of the curse around the cast and
crew of the film THE OMEN.
now that is more than just a few bad luck stories coincidences.
unreal.
cant coment on the OP movie not looked into it really.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The only 'cursed' movie legend I've ever given any credence to is "Nanook of the North". The legend goes that every actor that has ever read the script for the main part has died shortly there after - examples being John Belushi and Chris Farley.

I tried Googling for more information and sadly could not find any, so this fits nicely into the category of Urban Myths...

This is cursed, that is cursed - everything is cursed.

- Fry

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
What total and utter crap!
Seriously? People will grasp at any straws it seems.
If there was some great curse that affects all movies that deal with paranormal and occult than explain why so many are missed?
Where is the curse in Harry Potters movies? How about Narnia?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I think movies can be cursed. Coming from a Christian perspective, we who believe in the bible and in Jesus also believe that satan exists and his demons are alive and active in the world. As a matter of fact, we read in 2nd Corinthians 4:4 that satan is the god of this world, (little "g", I'm not saying God isn't supreme). That verse is explaining that satan rules over the unbelieving world in a certain way. (more info here www.gotquestions.org...)

It stands to reason that movies which spend time delving into occultic subjects, and that present them as normal, would have a host of demons surrounding it. Don't forget that 23 year old otherwise healthy man who quietly died in the movie theatre in NZ watching the vampire movie Twilight. So yes, cursed in the sense that satan abounds where his favorite topics abound.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Nothing more than a coincidence. People get hurt all the time. Accidents happen when filming action movies sometimes. People get hurt walking down the street. It happens.

No, the movie is not cursed. I wont go see it though. Why? Because I think it looks terrible.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
What total and utter crap!
Seriously? People will grasp at any straws it seems.
If there was some great curse that affects all movies that deal with paranormal and occult than explain why so many are missed?
Where is the curse in Harry Potters movies? How about Narnia?

I never said there was a curse surrounding every paranormal/occultic movie. I don't believe in the "Sorcerer's Apprentice" curse either. I was hoping for believers in the paranormal to give their insight on tampering with the dead's remains and if it would have any sort of negative effect.

new topics

top topics

join