It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Border solution

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ChicUFO

What to do with the people already here? Definitely a path to citizenship is what I would suggest. Something along the lines what you are talking about, community service, maybe, perhaps a fine, (probably equal to the cost of what it would cost them to be deported).

But give these people a chance to become legitimate legal citizens. After a period of time, those that refuse, record them, and then deport them, if they are found in the country again, then prison, give them a two strike deal.

We don't have to go the path of what some would like which would mean a military action against what for the most part are people who are looking for a better life, what we need to be is a nation is not some gestapo society, hell bent on destroying lives and killing people.

[edit on 7/19/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Your 4 step program has validity to it. However, you do realise there is a snowballs chance in Hell of even one of those being implemented.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Marrr

I agree with you. Our government is too busy arguing between what the democrats and the republicans want to make any headway in a productive solution. We have too many lawyers looking for a big case to ever agree on a solution.

I apologize for my own ignorance in an earlier post. I stated that illegal immigrants don't pay taxis without any prof to back up that statement.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Marrr

I believe that it would work if people wanted it to work. It would be better than some of the ideas I have been seeing on this site lately.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I believe that you and I agree on this particular subject more than either of us knew. Like you, I fear America becoming a "gestapo society" and I see it getting closer every day. The violence that some people suggest is frightening, absolutely horrifying.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

According to the article 1 million immigrants are paying taxes. That means that about 1 in 12 illegals are paying taxes. I believe that number needs to come up quite a bit before American citizens will stop complaining.

I had no info to back up my claim of not paying taxes but I have to say that I was not far off.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

What the people of America want is for immigrants to enter the country legally

The "legal" path to American citizenship is designed to keep out the overhelming majority of people who want to come to America for a better life.

If you're rich, a celebrity, or can play baseball, you apparentely have a skill which is worth citizenship.

If you're poor, work in agriculture, and live just south of the American border you're not meant to immigrate legally, your illegal status is exactly what the corporations who run the US want and need to continue running their immoral and unethical businesses.

Luckily for the people in charge, the illegals serve two purposes. Cheap, expendable labour and a handy distraction ( one which has worked many times throughout history).

P.S As I have explained many times on ATS, Anchor babies do NOT convey any type of citizenship on their parents or other family. In order to sponser someone on the path to citizenship one must be 21 years of age.

The answer?

Overthrow the scum that manipulate you into blaming a poor farmer looking for a better life instead of the corporations and the politicains who let this happen. Legalize and tax drugs.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChicUFO
reply to post by antonia

According to the article 1 million immigrants are paying taxes. That means that about 1 in 12 illegals are paying taxes. I believe that number needs to come up quite a bit before American citizens will stop complaining.

I had no info to back up my claim of not paying taxes but I have to say that I was not far off.

In 2008, it was estimated that about $9 billion dollars worth of tax was paid by illegals. That's what the Fed's said anyway. That's a whole lot more than 1 million people.

According to the IRS, the number of taxpayer-identification numbers assigned annually in the U.S. has risen from 615,414 in 1999 to 1,837,583 in 2009. More than 7.8 million have been distributed in the past five years. Last year, 2,030,699 tax returns were filed using tax-identification numbers - by both immigrants here legally and undocumented workers.

1 million was the number of ITIN's given out last year. As you can see there have been 7.8 million given out in the last 5 years. The reason returns are so low is because legally they can't get any money back if they are illegal. They don't want to draw attention to themselves. Just pay it and be quiet you know.

I just wanted to add something. This isn't something that happened overnight. It's been ongoing for the last 20 years. Why are people complaining now? Because certain politicians are taking advantage of them. The economy has gone in the crapper. Let's go find someone to blame-oh look, there's some brown folks without ID's over there. Let's blame them. Are there issues caused by illegal immigration: Yes. The facts are not what is driving these kinds of conversation though. A lot of it is just hysteria. And the politicians are just riding the wave. Nothing will be done and I'll tell you why I think that is. The dirty secret at hand is this: There isn't enough young people working to support those about to go on Social Security. I've seen the discussed since I was 10 years old. Americans are not reproducing for the most part. So what do we do? We let people in, we tax em and they have babies to makeup for the part of the population that isn't. These politicians know most of them are paying into the system. When I worked for a Republican who shall not be named years ago, he admitted what i just said. He knew it. He just didn't care because admitting the truth doesn't get votes.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by antonia]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Merigold and antonia, I would like to thank you both for posting. I believe you when you say that it is all hype and that the politicians are using this now for their own purposes. I thank you for your input into this discussion. I know that no decision can be made without reviewing both sides of the story. I hope that a peaceful solution that will benefit all can be made.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join