It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Border solution

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I posted a response on another thread but would like to know what people think about it. Here is my solution to illegal immigration and the trafficking of drugs on our border.

We have 48 continental states, in those states we have 5,000 prisons with guards walking the walls. The border between the US and Mexico is 2,000 miles long.

Simple solution, build our prisons along the border. Guards at one prison could look over to the guards at the other. There would be no way to cross the border without being seen. No more illegals, no more drug smugglers and no need to spend millions annually on border patrol.

The money saved by not needing a border patrol would go to shipping prisoners from the state where they committed the crime to the border.

I like the idea of killing two birds with one stone. Please feel free to comment on the idea or to add any ideas that you have that would provide solutions to two or more of our current problems.

EDIT;
AMERICA IS A NATION OF IMMIGRANTS. What the people of America want is for immigrants to enter the country legally.Do we really want to live in a country that would force 12 million people to leave?
PLEASE keep the neo-nazi, kill them all speech to a minimum. This thread is about finding alternative ways to handle problems in the US. This thread is not about finding excuses to go killing people.

Solution 2:
..5.. suggested, The Panama canal is too narrow anyhow. It limits the size of the ships they are building.We need a new wider canal at the border.

If this canal were a joint effort between the US an Mexico, it could prove productive to both. This could be a way to offer citizenship through a work program for immigrants already here. This would create a huge amount of jobs and that's something we need now.

Solution 3:
Izarith made a valid point on t page two that the mass exodus of the illegal immigrants, (12 million of them Link ) would cause distress to Americas finances.

This got me thinking and I remember something that my dad talked about, CCC Camps. Link The solution to the immigration problem could be to offer citizenship through work programs that would benefit everyone. This could not be an open invitation to come to the US but it could help the economy by legalizing those already here and collecting taxes.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by ChicUFO]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ChicUFO

We shouldnt have any prisons or the prison industrial complex.
But a good try.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
The Panama canal is too narrow anyhow. It limits the size of the ships they are building.
We need a new wider canal at the border.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
And I am sure we could continue to fill
those prisons with people who are caught using drugs.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by jam321]

[edit on 17-7-2010 by jam321]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Why not just move your border further north to say... Canada?

Maybe not hey?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ..5..

A new wider canal at the Rio Grande would solve the illegal immigration and serve another purpose. A new canal would also create a huge amount of jobs. Great idea and you get a star.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
My solution is for the military to use the area directly north of the border as their munitions range. Use it for testing daisy cutters, strafing runs, 2.000 round-per-minute mini-guns, napalm runs, you name it. If that doesn't serve as a deterrent, then they don't deserve to live.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Really no different than building a wall? ... if you put an obstical in someones way they will go under, over, around or through it.

You have to make it so its not worth coming here illegally.. no healthcare, education, assistance of any kind, fine employers till they bleed, and have a 1 strike rule that getting caught illegally means hard jail time, not deportation.

No wall needed.. no army of guards.. they won't want to sneak over.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ChicUFO

My idea was use an electronic frontier of motion detectors and cameras
to detect when they cross and then dispatch any of the following:

1) park service
2) local police
3) sheriff
4) border patrol
5) highway patrol

Who ever is closest stops them, and then calls border patrol.

When they are dropped off in mexico drop them off as far south
as possible.

If they have any La Raza, Aztlan, or MS13 propaganda try them
as terrorists and treat them as such.

All the La Raza and MS13 trash in the US needs to be rounded up.

End of story.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ChicUFO

Wicked good idea, we would need to heavily fortify the southern end as to stop people from striking the prison though.
Mexico would and does make an excellent staging area for thugs.
Maybe a personal air force for corrections too.
A few F15’s and a couple of A10’s would be just perfect.

reply to post by Ex_MislTech

Agreed any that are armed or have paraphernalia of some sort need to be shot on spot as an insurgent.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

You have to make it so its not worth coming here illegally.. no healthcare, education, assistance of any kind, fine employers till they bleed, and have a 1 strike rule that getting caught illegally means hard jail time, not deportation.

Exactly, that is the solution. There is no amount of bullets that is going to stop someone from trying to make a better life for themselves. Now if there is no opportunity for them to make a better life for themselves here, they won't come here.'

As far as drugs go, if Americans weren't so insatiable with their drug use, Cartels wouldn't be as rich or as powerful as they are. If you just legalized drugs in this country, the cartels would no longer have the same power.

But most people that I have seen on this board want the Neo-Nazi final solution. And somehow think that it will work.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I agree 100% with this post but the problem is that we simply can not agree. Too many people would protest and file suit against anyone who tried for a peaceful solution. The people protesting the indignity of it are causing the reaction. It's like when Christians protest a movie, everybody rushes out to see what has them so upset.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I say we round up some coyotes, dragons, lions, tigers, and bears, what have you, and build a 2000 mile x 1000ft cage .

Anyone dumb or brave enough to get past that cage, would be an automatic citizen.

Those that are smart enough to stay away, well, Mexico could use you right about now.

Hows that for Border Security?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

I just don't know where this insatiable need comes from to murder human beings. Don't forget, that is exactly what they are men, women, children, human beings.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Who said anything about murdering human beings?

Stop being a troll. Its not healthy.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

As far as drugs go, if Americans weren't so insatiable with their drug use, Cartels wouldn't be as rich or as powerful as they are. If you just legalized drugs in this country, the cartels would no longer have the same power.

What a nicely balanced thought, my friend. You are correct on both points, but the more practical answer is to repeal the drug laws in this country. Even so, your acknowledgment that drug addiction is an insatiable need, is worthy of note as well. In balancing out the mandate the federal government was given to respect the rights of all people, with promoting general welfare, your message of admonishment of insatiable drug use speaks effectively to the mandate of promoting general welfare, and your suggestion that drug laws be repealed, or as you put it "legalized", speaks effectively to the rights of people, as well as ensuring domestic tranquility, since this so called war on drugs has done nothing at all to ensure domestic tranquility.

Also, this issue of the so called war on drugs is, in a large part, why this nation has so many prisons, and it is shameful that The United States that openly calls itself "the freest country in the world", imprisons more people per capita than any other industrialized nation, including China today, or The Soviet Union at the peak of its tyranny.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Who said anything about murdering human beings?

You did, several times...

Sheriff Joe Arpaio on 16th immigration sweep; takes out the 'big gun'

post by Common Good

You post machine guns on the border, and even the 'non-threatening' illegals will think twice about trying to cross.

Im all for it.

South Korea deploys robot capable of killing intruders along border with North

post by Common Good

Hell, we could use some of those on our border here in the U.S.

How about coming up with a non lethal idea?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
So far, I would have to say that ..5.. and myself have had the best ideas. Neither of our ideas would violate anyone's rights or cause the death of people.

I have to say that I am shocked at the people who think the best answer is to kill anyone crossing the border.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I see your point. Personally I believe that the war on drugs was one of the biggest mistakes this country has ever made. The war on drugs has cost taxpayers billions, it has driven up the price of drugs and made billionaires of drug dealers.

I can not see any reason to legalize drugs but I see every reason to decriminalize them.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

See the added bonus of repealing drug laws is that I believe that drug use would go down across the country. Many people only do drugs because of the fact that they are illegal.

It would decrease crime dramatically, ease overcrowding in prisons, and it would effectively reign in the power of the drug cartels as they would instantly be in the import business, therefore we as a nation would benefit from tariffs gained from the legal import of narcotics.

Putting pressure on employers to not hire illegals would work too, making it more expensive to hire an illegal than it would be to hire an American worker is also in the best interest of the country.

So, if no one hired illegals, rented to illegals, or did business with illegals, there would be no reason they would come here, and you would effectively decrease the pressure on the boarder which then could be staffed by our military.

Simple solutions that don't require the Neo Nazi Final Solution that is prevalent in many of these threads.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join