It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is unpatriotic to question Bush!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Is it or isn't it? Oh you bet your freedom it is. This article below is a perfect example of how it is unpatriotic to either question or pull against Bush and his administration. Furthermore it clearly demonstrates how our rights for the Freedom of Speech are being taken away. You see, not only is it a right to question our leaders it's our responsibility. After all, we elected them because we believed they were honest and cared for the American people. Now of course Bush and his cronies aren't coming out and saying "It is unpatriotic to question us" but as you can see they show it in other ways then talking.

www.duluthsuperior.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Wow, so much for the land of the free. The American President and his right-wing funadmentalist cronies have gone off the deep end. Have you seen the reports that Bush is going insane?

As a free person I say viva dissent! If you don't like Bush show it, that is your patriotic duty Americans!

If you love your country fight to make it better, do not settle for being told that you cannot say what you wish! Your beloved founding fathers are famous for being rebels and standing up to an unjust and incorrect leader, do the same, be like your heros!

May Peace Travel With You
~Astral

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Wow, America is sure headed for some troubled times in the future. All those predictions of a Police State coming into effect are most likely happening as well.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Well we should pay attention to the fact that a shopowner alerted police to the fact that the sign may be offensive to young people along the street... It said F U and apparently after he wrote in Free Us the letters were small anyway. So the police could have just been doing a duty to get it away from small eyes (which I think is malarky anyway, because I doubt it would affect any youngsters). It doesn't automatically have to be because it was anti-Bush.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 01:00 AM
link   
"his right-wing funadmentalist cronies"

Please use just "cronies" next time.. as I am as right -winged as they come, and I have NO time for Bush or his new "laws"...

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 01:09 AM
link   
There isn't a more blatant violation of the right to free speech and freedom of assembly if I've ever seen it. I expect nothing less from him. By Dubya. Hope you enjoyed your 4 years cuz thats all you are gonna get.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
By Dubya. Hope you enjoyed your 4 years cuz thats all you are gonna get.

I hope so. George Bush Jnr has been an absolute disaster for the US in my opinion. Invading Iraq was the final straw for me. If people in the US have any sense they will vote Bush out in November (assuming he doesn't fix this election too)

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
George Bush didn't arrest the guy, the town cops did. The beef should be with them, not Bush.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Sorry if I offended with the "right-wing fundamentalist cronies" there. It is nice to see that even those on the right are seeing Bush for what he is though. I think we could use a nice bipartisan effort to get rid of Bush. Maybe America's not so polarized after all.

I will say that I do believe there is a rift forming in the Republican party between Republicans that are more in-line with the ideas of say Regan and the neo-cons. Now, even though I am a liberal and such I wouldn't try to go and capitolize off of the rift. I would instead try to help the less-extreme Regan-ite Republicans to take back control of their party, as I do believe that a two party system is a good idea, but I would much rather have a less-extreme right-wing party.

May Peace Travel With You
~Astral

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
That is correct, what does Bush have to do with this situation? Jiminy Crickets, are you brilliant people so anti-Bush that logic no longer comes into play?

Eddie, thankls for your opinion, but whoppee!! By the way, I promise to stay out of your politics. And when you are attacked, I'll not make ignorant comments when your country hits the most pressing spots in order to defend itself. As a matter of fact, I hope that we assist you as you have assisted us, and we are very much appreciative of our mother country's support.

As far as whether or not it is unpatriotic rto question Bush, I certainly hope not, as I sent him an email lasrt week suggesting that he is a traitor and should resign!!
I'll not go into what spurred me to write that email at this time, but if questioning is unpatriotic, certainly my action was a felony!!

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I mean their rationale is the whole FU thing. I remember a court case awhile back where a guy swore in public and was charged, so I could see how they would do that now. But then again, it didn't clearly display the words he intended, so I'm not sure if that could be considered obscene language. I thought the law was for obscene language not obscene conduct but I may be wrong.

I'm more concerned about protesters arrested for straying outside of designated protest lines. One guy was arrested for trespassing on public property!!! This was promptly thrown out of court though, how can you privatize public property? The rationale for protest blocks is that they don't want people hurting themselves by running into the street or that sort of thing. That was actually said by a Secret Service member.

But you're right they keep using laws in existence to harass protestors, not to mention some of these laws are silly as is. Its only a matter of time before they have a law established to punish protestors.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I say Bush and his people are to blame. Do you think security was in place without instructions? Heck no. When the president comes to town they are heavily instructed on what to do and who to look out for. I guarantee you this includes protestors or anyone holding unfavorable signs. The police are going to do exactly what is instructed to them by the Secret Service.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
You have the right to protest, but not to riot like a mob. The boundaries are there to contain the assemblage and keep it peaceful. If people can wander around outside those designated areas it's easier to lose control and then you end up with the cops having to use force to bring order. Then you have charges of police brutality and people being injured for no reason other than that the boundaries were not respected.

top topics

join